• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much. That clears up my doubts. I was in ST todaya dn didnt see any bus stop near the Welcome Centre.
Sounds like this is the Malaysian style. Even in BI the CW bus stops in places where there are no bus stops if passengers stand at certain spots.But hopefully some day soon they will have a proper stop , am sure once the condo residents move in there will be more commuters. Any Sky Gardens owners or residents here?

I can help with this question now. The bus indeed goes in the Setia Tropika area but you need to TELL the bus driver when you board the bus. And there ISN'T a bus stop - you can ask the driver to drop you off anywhere along the shop houses - my BIL who tried taking this bus dropped off on the main road in front of the ZZ Soup Tulang. To take the bus back to JB Sentral you need to stand on the Old Town Cafe side of the road and flag the bus when you see it. However, the bus is infrequent so I think it is best to take the bus home and not so much the other way around.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neat answer mummymoo.

Did u find ur isp yet?

I use U mobile/celcom/digi

Maxis no coverage.

I'm still using YES for our internet which is crazy expensive. Our internet bill range from RM400 to highest RM600 because of frequent top-ups. And this is with the kids holding back on youtube and other music and video streaming and not playing online games. The Astro IPTV is still not available yet at Setia Tropika and the other services eg unifi and streamyx are not available yet at the street I'm at. To say I am frustrated is an understatement :(

As for mobile phone, I am using prepaid U Mobile for local calls.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea my bill is about rm 400 approx coz of crazy top ups.

In addition to be safe, I maintain lines of diff service providers Cox here can hv outage any time.

I'm still using YES for our internet which is crazy expensive. Our internet bill range from RM400 to highest RM600 because of frequent top-ups. And this is with the kids holding back on youtube and other music and video streaming and not playing online games. The Astro IPTV is still not available yet at Setia Tropika and the other services eg unifi and streamyx are not available yet at the street I'm at. To say I am frustrated is an understatement :(

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I was at Setia Tropika, I heard that Sky Estadia has now been put on hold as there may be some changes in plans.Does anyone have any news about this? I am wondering how this will affect buyers as I believe it was launched last year?Surely some units must have been sold.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a comment on clinics at Setia Tropika. I would recommend Klinik Famili based on my own personal experience.

My daughter had high fever (40.3deg C) and I brought her to a clinic that was opened on Sat morning. I told the doctor on duty that my daughter was having very high fever and runny nose and my fear was that her asthma would be triggered. She checked my daughter's throat and prescribed antibiotics, cough medicine, runny nose and phlegm medicine and that was it. No panadol no neurofen and she didn't even check my daughter's temperature. When asked why no fever medicine was dispensed, the doctor said the antibiotics would take care of the fever. Hmmm.

After second dose of everything prescribed, my daughter's temperature was still hovering between 38.9 and 40.1 and we decided to take her to either the hospital or another clinic. We ended up at the Klinik Famili and saw the doctor. It was like night and day! This doctor was so thorough and spent a good 15 minutes answering our questions and talking to my daughter. So thank goodness we found a capable doctor, otherwise we would have ended up at a hospital.

Speaking of which, has anyone visited nearby hospitals in the Kempas area? Or which hospital have you visited and would recommend? TIA.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw a garage house in ST where the toilet is in the living room. IS there any fengshui implication? How much is the value of this garage house now in Dictyo ALba?

Yes, you can hear the feng (fart) and shui (pee or flushing) from the toilet when someone is using. Other than that, it is very convenient.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you can hear the feng (fart) and shui (pee or flushing) from the toilet when someone is using. Other than that, it is very convenient.

toilet in the middle of the house supposed to be no good. or so i read somewhere la. ackcherly hor if one assiduously follow all the fengshui rules, end up not buying any house. :smile:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toilet in the middle of the house is no good. I have read that somewhere too. However, toilet infront of house i am not sure. Anyway, i curious to know bcos this is the 1st time i saw such layout.

Backs

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moved in last Nov. We waited for Maxis Broadband ports (Maxis cheaper than Unifi). While waiting we used Yes. After a month or two, Maxis was still reluctant to add ports (those behind the house), so we got Unifi.

Backs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello neighbours.

I'm kind of at my wits' end right now and hope someone can help me out with this. I am desperately trying to get my home broadband/wireless set up for my ST house before I move in this weekend (GULP!). I checked online with TM for Unifi and Streamyx but both services don't seem to have coverage at where my house is (how is that possible since the outlying nearby areas are all mature areas?!).

So if you could help me by letting me know which service provider you are currently using for your home in ST and if the service is reliable and stable, I would be so grateful. Otherwise, if you know of anyone who can help with simple home networking set up, that would work too. I take lots of night calls with my US colleagues and I don't want to have to camp out somewhere else in the middle of the night! So pls take this as a plea for help :biggrin:

We're using Unifi. Other than Yes or Streamyx, the rest aren't available. Either no available ports or coverage

Backs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, we're also attracted to the low density, isnt that why we're all escaping from SG?:rolleyes:

Spot on. That's why my wife loved ST at first sight. And I bought it right after I did my research. This town i smack right in the heart of Greater JB

Backs

Alfrescian
Loyal
invested both nusajaya & kempas. win-win:smile:

Although Kempas is not in the major key development, didn't you notice it 's centre of Iskandar, likely hub of IDR.

Ditto, ST is quite a hub. Already near-equal distance to Woodlands & Tuas. Plus the future 3rd Link in Punggol/Changi, definitely can leverage on its central location

Backs

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST have a big problem...... heavy jam always occurred at the traffic light at kempas road.

Ongoing roadworks to widen that u-turn from single to double lane. Also the EDL stretch from Pandan Interchange to Kempas Toll will be widen to triple lane.
Now, if only they also widen Kempas Lama and Kempas Baru roads, it'd be perfect