• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
super hot + dry + windy until my clayey garden soil cracks a cm. Agreed not nice dude.

But fireworks still shiok oh.

Not as bad as the soon to arrive haze that our govt has predicted.

we need rains bro?:smile:

sorry. i meant..
weather hot.+ dry. + windy. + fireworks ==?.
not such a prosperous mix of factors. don't you think?
anyway, just saying.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi , I read elsewhere on the forum that a new bus service BET6 will be plying through Setia Tropika enroute from Setia Indah to JB Sentral. Any idea where our bus stop will be? This is indeed good news for those who need to travel Singapore.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi , I read elsewhere on the forum that a new bus service BET6 will be plying through Setia Tropika enroute from Setia Indah to JB Sentral. Any idea where our bus stop will be? This is indeed good news for those who need to travel Singapore.

I saw this posted on the other threads too... I don't see any bus stops unless it's the Kempas area? So you'll need to drive out from the Setia Tropika shop houses and maybe make a right at that junction? I'm just guessing...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw this posted on the other threads too... I don't see any bus stops unless it's the Kempas area? So you'll need to drive out from the Setia Tropika shop houses and maybe make a right at that junction? I'm just guessing...

it must be at or near the setia welcome centre / convention centre. the stop listed is clearly "setia tropika" stop.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I double confirm that:biggrin:

I was driving home last evening and took the Tuas Checkpoint because of the route I had to go on. While driving through the Kempas narrow road (sorry I don't know the actual name of that road) and just before the big right turn to Setia Tropika shop houses, bus BeXT6 was right behind me! However when I turned right to the ST area, the bus kept going straight :(

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a florist or landscape company near to Setia Tropika? I'm trying to buy some orchid plants and although we used a landscape company for our garden, they sell all manner of plants except for orchids :/

I am tempted to go to Far East Flora and buy from there but unsure if we were allowed to bring in plants into Malaysia. Does anyone know?

TIA!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a florist or landscape company near to Setia Tropika? I'm trying to buy some orchid plants and although we used a landscape company for our garden, they sell all manner of plants except for orchids :/

I am tempted to go to Far East Flora and buy from there but unsure if we were allowed to bring in plants into Malaysia. Does anyone know?

TIA!

go Orchid Valley lor..buy until u happy..:p

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho dun attempt to bring in plants unless u know how to talk to the officers if touch wood,.. kena.

Once I was stopped. I had a dwarf banana, pomelo n custard apple with me.

The guy said can bring in only if you hv permit.

so my suggestion is buy in JB itself.

In singapore you can visit Thong Hup Gardens or WORLD farm too

TIA!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho dun attempt to bring in plants unless u know how to talk to the officers if touch wood,.. kena.

Once I was stopped. I had a dwarf banana, pomelo n custard apple with me.

The guy said can bring in only if you hv permit.

so my suggestion is buy in JB itself.

In singapore you can visit Thong Hup Gardens or WORLD farm too

Thanks Gardener :smile:

sky1988

Alfrescian
Loyal
New bus service BET6 between Setia Indah - Larkin - JB Sentral.
ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW BUS SERVICE, BEXTRA 6 (TMN SETIA INDAH <-> LARKIN TERMINAL <-> BANDARAYA JB)

New BeXTRA bus will be launched to serve passengers very soon!!
Perbadanan Pengangkutan Awam Iskandar Malaysia and Causeway Link will be launching a new bus service, BeXTRA 6 on 25th Feb 2014 (Tuesday).

It will be plying Tmn Setia Indah - Tmn Seri Austin - Bdr Dato' Onn - Desa Mutiara - Setia Tropika - Tmn Kempas - Larkin Terminal - Danga City Mall - JB Sentral

Come along and have a more convenient bus service with this new BeXTRA 6 bus, 'Selesa Menuju Destinasi'.

Link :https://www.facebook.com/JohorBahruCitybusRoutes

sky1988

Alfrescian
Loyal
anybody tried to taKE bet6 before? haha...this is indeed a very good news... but looking at the fact that it stop at so many taman before us means we might not b able to board the bus....

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, has anyone been able to verify if this bus does indeed go to Setia Tropika and if so where is the bus stop?

New bus service BET6 between Setia Indah - Larkin - JB Sentral.
ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW BUS SERVICE, BEXTRA 6 (TMN SETIA INDAH <-> LARKIN TERMINAL <-> BANDARAYA JB)

New BeXTRA bus will be launched to serve passengers very soon!!
Perbadanan Pengangkutan Awam Iskandar Malaysia and Causeway Link will be launching a new bus service, BeXTRA 6 on 25th Feb 2014 (Tuesday).

It will be plying Tmn Setia Indah - Tmn Seri Austin - Bdr Dato' Onn - Desa Mutiara - Setia Tropika - Tmn Kempas - Larkin Terminal - Danga City Mall - JB Sentral

Come along and have a more convenient bus service with this new BeXTRA 6 bus, 'Selesa Menuju Destinasi'.

Link :https://www.facebook.com/JohorBahruCitybusRoutes

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, has anyone been able to verify if this bus does indeed go to Setia Tropika and if so where is the bus stop?

I can help with this question now. The bus indeed goes in the Setia Tropika area but you need to TELL the bus driver when you board the bus. And there ISN'T a bus stop - you can ask the driver to drop you off anywhere along the shop houses - my BIL who tried taking this bus dropped off on the main road in front of the ZZ Soup Tulang. To take the bus back to JB Sentral you need to stand on the Old Town Cafe side of the road and flag the bus when you see it. However, the bus is infrequent so I think it is best to take the bus home and not so much the other way around.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neat answer mummymoo.

Did u find ur isp yet?

I use U mobile/celcom/digi

Maxis no coverage.

I can help with this question now. The bus indeed goes in the Setia Tropika area but you need to TELL the bus driver when you board the bus. And there ISN'T a bus stop - you can ask the driver to drop you off anywhere along the shop houses - my BIL who tried taking this bus dropped off on the main road in front of the ZZ Soup Tulang. To take the bus back to JB Sentral you need to stand on the Old Town Cafe side of the road and flag the bus when you see it. However, the bus is infrequent so I think it is best to take the bus home and not so much the other way around.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

bus is supposed to go every 1/2 hour. i see them at maslee waiting for passengers... (bext6)