• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was once I went to Setia Tropika via woodlands for dinner.. Seems abit far even though I travelled by EDL..
After dinner suppose come back via woodlands due to shorter distance but heard JB custom was super jammed.. So no choice had to use 2nd link.. But the distance was so much further away :*:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
come and jia wtm, RM4.50, 1 x fish, meat ball, yong dao fu and 4 x wt. cha shew abit like hk type.

wtm.JPG

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have moved in, am wondering how is the occupancy rate at Sky Gardens and is Setia doing a good job managing it?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tenanted their unit at Sky Gardens? I am queuing for a bumi release unit and Setia called me today with final pricing which is around 430K for 1092sqft. If I do go ahead its for rental purposes. I am wondering if the returns would be good enough at this price. Its a high floor unit.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you cannot expect it to be easily tenanted. Going rate probably RM2k to 2.5k.
For own stay...its not bad.
But if the unit is facing the highway, it will be noisy.
I think the price is ok....almost same as 2 years ago. It should come with aircon, kitchen cabinet, and some appliances right ?
But not sure whether bumi-released unit can be re-sold to foreigners in future.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you cannot expect it to be easily tenanted. Going rate probably RM2k to 2.5k.
For own stay...its not bad.
But if the unit is facing the highway, it will be noisy.
I think the price is ok....almost same as 2 years ago. It should come with aircon, kitchen cabinet, and some appliances right ?
But not sure whether bumi-released unit can be re-sold to foreigners in future.

If the unit receives bumi release, I understand it becomes no different from the other units in terms of status.But the price is so far from the 1M mark that sale to foreigners is a non issue. However, I have decided not to go ahead as I checked the rental prospects and found that on Propertyguru there are units asking as little as 1.7K. No doubt this is a nice place for own stay, nice ambience.But due to lack of amenities and potential tenant base, it may not be a good investment.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the unit receives bumi release, I understand it becomes no different from the other units in terms of status.But the price is so far from the 1M mark that sale to foreigners is a non issue. However, I have decided not to go ahead as I checked the rental prospects and found that on Propertyguru there are units asking as little as 1.7K. No doubt this is a nice place for own stay, nice ambience.But due to lack of amenities and potential tenant base, it may not be a good investment.

possible to do a quick flip or not? :biggrin:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some units in SGR are really not ideal....people walking on facility floor can easily look into their unit. I'll not be surprise nobody will rent them even if RM1k.
But yes, if solely for investment purpose, may not be wise to invest in whole of Iskandar now.
However, I think if one can hold and intends to stay in future, perhaps still can buy.
It may become unaffordable in a decade's time.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understood from a talk by SP Setia that you can buy bumi released unit but in the future you can only sell to bumiputra only. Advisable to stay clear.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's kinda the type of rumours that I have heard also.
A retired govt official family friend told me that once it's chopped as bumi it's forever bumi linked even if you convert it to international. Better avoid if possible as the ruling regarding this can anytime change like the wind and it won't likely be in your favour.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understood from a talk by SP Setia that you can buy bumi released unit but in the future you can only sell to bumiputra only. Advisable to stay clear.

There's a big difference between the release of (a) bumi quota units, and (b) bumi-lots. Will recommend to check with the lawyer if unsure.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's kinda the type of rumours that I have heard also.
A retired govt official family friend told me that once it's chopped as bumi it's forever bumi linked even if you convert it to international. Better avoid if possible as the ruling regarding this can anytime change like the wind and it won't likely be in your favour.

once again, there is no such thing as "international" lot. There is only bumi lot and malay reserved land. international lot is something that the marketing guys coined. eligibility for foreigners to purchase depends on state housing policy, not on something that is labelled by salespeople as "international lot".

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a big difference between the release of (a) bumi quota units, and (b) bumi-lots. Will recommend to check with the lawyer if unsure.

lawyer also may not know as there is a lack of transparency in governmental procedures, combined with lackadaisical processing by parties involved. but we have here in this forum a first hand account of a forummer (singaporean) who managed to buy a sub-sale and originally bumi released lot at austin heights. also a friend of mine got a bumi lot release house. whether subsequent subsales further on will have any trouble if reselling to non bumi is anyone's guess. remember that the state is now fiddling about with housing policies.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
lawyer also may not know as there is a lack of transparency in governmental procedures, combined with lackadaisical processing by parties involved. but we have here in this forum a first hand account of a forummer (singaporean) who managed to buy a sub-sale and originally bumi released lot at austin heights. also a friend of mine got a bumi lot release house. whether subsequent subsales further on will have any trouble if reselling to non bumi is anyone's guess. remember that the state is now fiddling about with housing policies.

SP Setia assured me that they will make sure the 'release' is done in a proper manner, changing the status of the unit.But anyway, I am not keen to proceed given the poor rental potential. Moreover they are withdrawing the 10% discount they originally offered us. I believe there will be lots of buyers withdrawing, also considering the cooling measures.In fact, even for Sky Breeze at Bukit Indah, they have not found it so easy to dispose of units that were returned when loans were rejected. In the past, it would sell like hot cakes.But now given that only Malaysian buyers can buy and the spooking of the market by the cooling measures, ready buyers arent that easy to find.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Setia assured me that they will make sure the 'release' is done in a proper manner, changing the status of the unit.But anyway, I am not keen to proceed given the poor rental potential. Moreover they are withdrawing the 10% discount they originally offered us. I believe there will be lots of buyers withdrawing, also considering the cooling measures.In fact, even for Sky Breeze at Bukit Indah, they have not found it so easy to dispose of units that were returned when loans were rejected. In the past, it would sell like hot cakes.But now given that only Malaysian buyers can buy and the spooking of the market by the cooling measures, ready buyers arent that easy to find.

Sky Breeze still got units for sale?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sky Breeze still got units for sale?

I dont know about now but about 2 months back they were still marketing.They couldnt find enough Malaysian buyers so I was told they had applied for exemption from the 1M condition on grounds that it was launched last year.YOu could check with the Bukit Indah office.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tenanted their unit at Sky Gardens? I am queuing for a bumi release unit and Setia called me today with final pricing which is around 430K for 1092sqft. If I do go ahead its for rental purposes. I am wondering if the returns would be good enough at this price. Its a high floor unit.

I see from propertyguru there are many subsales unit at RM500K. RM430k seems a reasonable price.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should at least give 5% rebate. Totally redraw the rebate is unacceptable.