• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banking & Finance (includes credit cards posting)

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Malaysian Credit Cards for Singaporeans

Was at uob city square, was told just need to deposit rm2000 and show passport and IC to open savings account. No other conditions.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mbsb malaysian buildinb society berhad

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF MBSB?

IT IS SORT OF A BANK,PERHAPS IT'S LIKE OUR TCC.

THEY OFFER QUITE ATTRACTIVE RATES ALMOST LIKE BELOW

1. BLR-2.45 (for loan of RM$400,000 and above)
2. Flexi loan (no cap on the amount put into the account to offset interest)
3. No monthly maintenance fee
4 No lock in

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mbsb malaysian buildinb society berhad

Anybody using Citibank for the fund transfer to msia? How is the experience?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

RM2100 after 1yr w 50k deposit. Seems okay right?:rolleyes: 1mth abt rm175 in e bank.

The best was still RMB Time deposit - 3.05% plus RMB currency appreciation = almost 7%!
$50,000 get back about $53,500 1 year later!!

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal

possible for singaporean to apply for credit line in malaysia? i need the cheque book..

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

How does a Singaporean apply for credit card in Malaysia? Need to go to the branch?

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal

How does a Singaporean apply for credit card in Malaysia? Need to go to the branch?

If you have a Malaysian Bank Account, it is quite easy to get a debit card,so I suppose you need to open an external ringgit acct first

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which bank offers the best FD rate for non-residents?

Fantastic forum with tons of useful information for new iskandar property buyer like me. I have just booked a ksl residence @ daya with the 20% rebate highly attractive. Howrver my loan application experience has been unsmooth so far. After submitting on 18th Jan 2015. So far only RHB called and mentioned all is in order and should not be of an issue to secure loan by the following week. The rest of the banks like not keen for business at all. Today however, RHB called and mentioned that they will want to see my record of saving. Is this mandatory? Somehow i am uncomfortable to reveal too much of my financial background to the bank especially it is an oversea bank. Any one else woth similar experience?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fantastic forum with tons of useful information for new iskandar property buyer like me. I have just booked a ksl residence @ daya with the 20% rebate highly attractive. Howrver my loan application experience has been unsmooth so far. After submitting on 18th Jan 2015. So far only RHB called and mentioned all is in order and should not be of an issue to secure loan by the following week. The rest of the banks like not keen for business at all. Today however, RHB called and mentioned that they will want to see my record of saving. Is this mandatory? Somehow i am uncomfortable to reveal too much of my financial background to the bank especially it is an oversea bank. Any one else woth similar experience?

All bankers are taught to have "professional skeptism". Meaning they will always think the borrowers are out to hide something.
Best way to approach any loan application is to be as transparent as possible. Otherwise they will think your bank statements / deposits are not in line with good banking practices. They are not interested in how much you have but rather how consistent your saving is.
Good luck.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

possible for singaporean to apply for credit line in malaysia? i need the cheque book..

I just applied savings account at Citibank, just top up rm7.50 for a cheque book. Sgrean can apply, no condition but just tell them why you need, no need to prove. Then link up sg Citibank for no fees money transfer, not the highest rate but convenient. If in future have citi acct in Vietnam, Australia, etc, all can link up for no fees global fund transfer.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

So this is a common practice over at malaysia? My mortage loan in singapore never experienced that. Does that mean failure to provide that will lower my chance of obtaining the loan despite my earning is well qualified?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

RHB also asked for my savings records. Not an issue for me and this is a good sign that the banking system is sound and property market will not collapse due to over leveraged buyers.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

RHB also asked for my savings records. Not an issue for me and this is a good sign that the banking system is sound and property market will not collapse due to over leveraged buyers.

okie, at least sound legitimate now. Somehow the bank officer always call in Private Number kind of unsettled me. But since it is the norm, shall provide accordingly.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same for me too. And I am with RHB. Other banks who tried to offer loan also does their checks etc.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Msia banks seem to have very high confidence of sg customers, only sg people can loan 90% . If you throw in the 10% discount by developer, you almost don't have to pay a single cent upfront to have your name on a property.
Also, a bank offered me to join their special dual current account which has a requirement to have rm300k annual income. I asked her need to prove with pay slip or not, she say no need, just declare can already.
I am not sure I should be happy or worry. Good thing got over supply worry, not many borderline sg people taking up those 90%loan.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Something not quite unpleasant is brewing in the financial market.
First, the plan to merge the 3 banks - CIMB, RHB & MBS, to form the biggest bank in MY collapsed, which many put the blame on the drastic fall in their respective share prices.
Then, the failed repayment on the RM2billion loan for the 2nd time by 1MDB to its lenders whereby RHB is one of them.
And worse, the heavily indebted 1MDB had just appointed a new CEO, the 3rd in 5 years, which make people even more suspicious.
The inability of 1MDB to meet its payments shows how it is struggling with cash flow that cannot support its debt servicing while Bank Negera's position is still unknown.
This had caused a lot of jitters and uneasiness in the market.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...te-fund-1mdb-fails-repay-rm-2-billion-loan-ch

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Something not quite unpleasant is brewing in the financial market.
First, the plan to merge the 3 banks - CIMB, RHB & MBS, to form the biggest bank in MY collapsed, which many put the blame on the drastic fall in their respective share prices.
Then, the failed repayment on the RM2billion loan for the 2nd time by 1MDB to its lenders whereby RHB is one of them.
And worse, the heavily indebted 1MDB had just appointed a new CEO, the 3rd in 5 years, which make people even more suspicious.
The inability of 1MDB to meet its payments shows how it is struggling with cash flow that cannot support its debt servicing while Bank Negera's position is still unknown.
This had caused a lot of jitters and uneasiness in the market.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...te-fund-1mdb-fails-repay-rm-2-billion-loan-ch

It is a common knowledge among m'sian that when they are first born into the world, they are carrying a national debt of RM40k. There are statistics showing m'sia does not last till 2019 which by then they will be made bankrupt just like Greece and restructuring will be underway.

There is a saying that even if the BN Govt is to clean up the corruption and their menacing way of finance management, it will still take more than 20 years to recover. Hence the Truly Asia is heading for doom. However, the world is ever changing, we never know what will happen in 3 days time, let alone 4 years..... That is the main reason they are doing what Singapore did a decade back, by opening their floodgate to foreign investors. I just read a report saying that they are going to invite more China developers to ramp up residential in order to boost the economics. Those who have invested in Malaysia like me will just have to keep our finger cross and hope for the best.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

MY government can always raise GST and other taxes later. I think inflation will be quite bad. Best bet for locals is rural to urban migration or work in SG while staying in JB to earn more. So don't write off JB so soon.