• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see....then where do we collect the RFID tags?

According to email confirming registration of VEP, car owner would be informed of when and where to collect rfid, on VEP web site and other channels. This piece of information is also available at VEP web site.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to email confirming registration of VEP, car owner would be informed of when and where to collect rfid, on VEP web site and other channels. This piece of information is also available at VEP web site.

Problem is I did not receive the email....maybe when I next drive in, the customs people can help?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is I did not receive the email....maybe when I next drive in, the customs people can help?

As far as I know, nobody has received such notification for collection of rfid yet(anyone please correct me if I am wrong). I don't think the RTD would cause trouble just because the RTD has not got the rfid ready in time. Imo, the Vep fee could still be charged though from the date of enforcement irrespective of whether the rfid is ready or not.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I know, nobody has received such notification for collection of rfid yet(anyone please correct me if I am wrong). I don't think the RTD would cause trouble just because the RTD has not got the rfid ready in time. Imo, the Vep fee could still be charged though from the date of enforcement irrespective of whether the rfid is ready or not.

All they need is just deduct the money from TnG card, the other equipment not necessary one.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
So no need to collect RFID tag also no problem and can go through after next month?

As long as one is on the right side of reasons and law, one should normally be fine. Of course being on the right does not necessarily prevent unreasonable actions but these are things one has to deal with if it happens

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as one is on the right side of reasons and law, one should normally be fine. Of course being on the right does not necessarily prevent unreasonable actions but these are things one has to deal with if it happens

And you are totally comfortable with giving your car chassis number.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone buy a used car before from the used car dealers ? What is the usual discount from their list price from website such as Mudah.my . Can we expect discount of 20% like buying condos in JB ?

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just learnt from a JB car salesperson that S'porean women married to Malaysian men can apply to LTA and obtain approval to drive M'sian car into S'pore. This is what I heard, coming from a car salesperson who has been in the trade for a long time.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA to introduce heavier penalties against evasion of tolls, fees at checkpoints
Posted 09 Jul 2016 11:39 Updated 09 Jul 2016 11:45

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will introduce a composition sum of S$50 for motorists who evade tolls and fees when entering or leaving Singapore from Aug 1, the authority announced on Saturday (Jul 9).

This is up from the S$10 administrative fee currently payable, LTA said. Repeat offenders will have to pay S$100, and motorists who do not pay the composition sum and who are then charged for tolls and fees evasion are liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding S$1,000, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months for the first offence.

The LTA also said that it has stepped up enforcement against motorists who evade payment of these fees - such as toll charges, Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees and fixed Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fees - when entering or leaving Singapore through both the Tuas and Woodlands Checkpoints.

It added that more officers have been deployed to step up inspections since May 2016, and additional signage has been put up to remind motorists to pay the respective tolls and fees.

The authority also noted that a "significant number" of those who evade tolls and fees are foreign motorists, who are difficult to track down once they have left Singapore.

"LTA is therefore considering the possibility of amending the Road Traffic Act to prohibit the entry and exit of foreign vehicles with unpaid tolls, fees, taxes, penalties or composition sums payable or due," it said.

"Tolls are applicable to all vehicles, VEP fees are applicable to all foreign-registered cars and motorcycles, while fixed ERP fees are applicable to foreign-registered cars that do not have an In-Vehicle Unit (IU) installed and that use ERP-priced roads," LTA added.

- CNA/av

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-to-introduce-heavier/2943302.html

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
VEP fees will be matched ‘in some form’ if they discriminate against Singapore vehicles

PUBLISHED: 4:00 AM, JUNE 10, 2016

SINGAPORE — Ahead of the July 16 start date for a fee imposed on foreign vehicles entering Johor, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) yesterday reiterated that it will match the fees in some way, if they are found to discriminate against Singapore-registered vehicles.

The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) system for foreign vehicles entering Johor, which has been implemented since June 1 at the Causeway and the Second Link at Tuas, will see drivers of these vehicles pay a RM20 (S$6.70) fee from the middle of next month.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Hasni Mohammad said the system is currently on trial, and as such the collection of the charges was postponed, reported the New Straits Times yesterday.

“The VEP system has been activated since June 1, and we have seen motorists from the neighbouring country giving their full cooperation and following the procedure,” said Mr Hasni. “The postponement in the RM20 VEP road charge is to ensure that the system would run smoothly.”

So far, 120,000 Singaporean vehicles have registered under the VEP, he added.

Under the system, private, commercial and embassy/government vehicles will have to be registered online, or at the office of Malaysia’s Road Transport Department.

The registration will cost RM10, which is valid for five years. A radio-frequency identification card is then issued to each vehicle.

According to previous media reports, Malaysia is aiming to roll out a second phase of the VEP system that will cover the Malaysia-Thailand border.

In response to the trial, the MOT said in a statement: “We note that Malaysia is trialling their Vehicle Entry Permit system at the Causeway and Second Link checkpoints, but no charges are being collected at the moment.

“If it discriminates against Singapore-registered vehicles, we will match it in some form.”

Since August 2014, drivers of Malaysian-registered cars entering Singapore pay VEP charges of SS$35 a day, while motorcyclists pay S$4. There are no VEP charges for driving into Singapore on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays

Malaysia has repeatedly delayed implementing its levy, which was supposed to have taken effect on Aug 1 last year, because of technical issues.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...-they-discriminate-against-singapore-vehicles

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, this will be a HOT one, not because its sexy but its so cheap and has pretty decent specs.
Don't believe what the manufacturer said that it is locally designed. Maybe the rubber mats. :smile:It is a fully Japanese designed Daihatsu car fitted with Toyota engines. The main reason that it is so cheap is the engine plant and the gear box plant are in Senayan near Seremban.