• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I would prefer Tucson over Santa Fe as I think it may be slightly too big for my liking. I see any HRV on the road, not sure why. Got to find a time to look at and also test drive the car. Is Kia Sportage worth considering?

Korean cars not good resale value and engine bit harsh.
Japanese cars more refined. Plenty of HRV in KL but production is just 2000 units per month, so supply not enough.
Honda will be launching the new Civic in June so if you like saloon, wait for this one.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Korean cars not good resale value and engine bit harsh.
Japanese cars more refined. Plenty of HRV in KL but production is just 2000 units per month, so not supply not enough.
Honda will be launching the new Civic in June so if you like saloon, wait for this one.

One of my clients in Toyota told me that, his biggest problem is convincing dealers to order less cars from their factory as they cannot keep up. lol

While another client working for a troubled American/European manufacturer, said their biggest problem is threatening dealers to take in more. What a world.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I would prefer Tucson over Santa Fe as I think it may be slightly too big for my liking. I see any HRV on the road, not sure why. Got to find a time to look at and also test drive the car. Is Kia Sportage worth considering?

KIA Sportage is definitely worth considering. I think currently there is a promotion going on with good discounts.

I bought a Cerato 2.0 almost 1.5 years ago and I'm very happy with the car.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://paultan.org/2016/03/01/toyota-c-hr-production-hr-v-rival-officially-unveiled/

Time to look out for a new car to match the completion of the condo/house. Only concern is this car is just too flashy on Malaysia roads.

This car sure looks good. I am not worried about how flashy it looks, but rather, it will not hit the Malaysian road anytime soon. Did a google search; 1 article published in March seems to say that it will hit European road this year, and it will only be next year that it will find its way to US :-(.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This car sure looks good. I am not worried about how flashy it looks, but rather, it will not hit the Malaysian road anytime soon. Did a google search; 1 article published in March seems to say that it will hit European road this year, and it will only be next year that it will find its way to US :-(.

So far no news of this car at all. Can't even smell it.
Next month, the new Honda Civic is going to be launched in Malaysia and Honda Mobilo which is a low height MPV will be launched late 2016. Proton will be launching the rebadged Suzuki Ertiga MPV and Perdana which is also a modified version of Honda Accord in the coming months.
Also there will be a Perodua Axia Sedan coming out next month.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need a jump-start, battery somehow died despite the lights being off.

Anyone around the Ledang Heights/East Ledang region with jumper cables? I'll of course compensate you with a drink (or dinner if you prefer). Please PM me.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia yet to implement Vehicle Entry Permit system for Singapore vehicles

"KUALA LUMPUR - The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) for Singaporean vehicles entering Johor has yet to be implemented as Malaysia is still finalising technical details, The Straits Times understands from the country's transport ministry on Wednesday (May 4).
Although state news agency Bernama reported in January that Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai was planning a May launch, two ministry officials told The Straits Times that the minister had never outlined a start date.
"Minister hasn't announced (the) date," an aide said, adding that no timeline would be in place "until the system is ready".
Other reports had also cited road transport and Johor state officials as saying the VEP would be in place by June, with over 120,000 Singaporean vehicles having registered for the scheme.
In April, Datuk Seri Liow was reported saying that once details of the proposal had been ironed out, the government would announce the implementation date.
The move to impose the levy - reported to be RM20 (S$6.80) per trip - on Singapore-registered vehicles was supposed to be implemented on Aug 1 last year but has been repeatedly deferred.
The VEP will be effective on both routes into Malaysia - the Causeway and the Second Link.
Malaysian cars entering Singapore now pay S$35 in VEP per day on week days while motorcyclists are charged S$4."

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have same problem...not turbo but with 245bhp V6 and it is addictive.
Big problem.
For me, that's an overkill and unnecessary, because I'll constantly have fear of it being stolen, hijacked or myself being robbed, especially in Malaysia. A sub-2 litre Turbo is sufficient for me. No need to be so "how lian" even if I can afford. As long as I can overtake with ease when needed is enough. Also, I'll never buy Continental cars because most are not tropicalized for our weather.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, that's an overkill and unnecessary, because I'll constantly have fear of it being stolen, hijacked or myself being robbed, especially in Malaysia. A sub-2 litre Turbo is sufficient for me. No need to be so "how lian" even if I can afford. As long as I can overtake with ease when needed is enough. Also, I'll never buy Continental cars because most are not tropicalized for our weather.

True, the reconditioned ones and grey imports are not suitable even those from Japan.
The locally assembled German cars and those from Thailand are tropicalised.

Having said that, I ahve seen many SG plate luxury cars on MY roads everytime I drive to JB. So maybe it is a matter of risk appetite.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky u. Driving to me is consider a form of relaxation. Esp if listening to your fav music with Decent ICE.
Used to like Power in my 20s. Now I'm more seduced By Comfort & Built Quality.
Continental Cars's Built Quality still 1 or 2 notches Up.
Lexus is catching up thou. I'm a Lexus Fan.

:biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky u. Driving to me is consider a form of relaxation. Esp if listening to your fav music with Decent ICE.
Used to like Power in my 20s. Now I'm more seduced By Comfort & Built Quality.
Continental Cars's Built Quality still 1 or 2 notches Up.
Lexus is catching up thou. I'm a Lexus Fan.

:biggrin:

Lexus is extremely quiet and smooth. A very good car.

I am nearing my retirement yet still driving a sports version...still ya ya..LOL
The saying goes, enjoy what u like in your life. Live with no regrets.
Leave some but not leave all to your kids.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
After paper evaluation, I've shortlisted Tucson and CX-5 as my chosen SUV. On paper, the Tucson is up on features. It has an In-vehicle camera installed. Didn't hv time to test drive them in JB, I visited the SG showrooms instead. I started with Tucson and was quite pleased with its handling. I was however, more impressed when I next test drove the CX-5. Like ECBoy said, it is very smooth and drove like a salon. Next move is to test drive the MY cars in JB to confirm that the experiences should not be different before committing.