• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Split over vehicle entry fee
Posted on 21 December 2014 - 05:12pm
Last updated on 21 December 2014 - 07:57pm
Low Sock Ken
[email protected]

JOHOR BARU: Malaysians who drive a Singapore-registered vehicle should not be imposed with the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee, especially when travelling the Johor Baru Causeway or Second-link Bridge at Tanjung Kupang, said Johor opposition leader Dr. Boo Seng Hou (DAP-Skudai).

Commenting on Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi statement recently that foreign vehicles entering Johor from Singapore will be charged a VEP fee of RM20 from middle of next year, Boo said, the Johor Pakatan in a survey done had found that many Malaysians drive daily for work or business trip with some using Singapore registered vehicles.

"These group of people will be badly hit by the VEP. Thus, the government should consider their plight and make some special arrangements so that they are not imposed with the fee," he added.

He suggested the two countries should set up a joint committee on the public transportation to discuss ways to reduce traffic congestion on causeway.

SMI Association of Malaysia president Teh Kee Sin said the two countries should sit down and discuss.

"We are neighbours, we have to complement each other and should not put a lot of walls between us," he added.

Meanwhile, Johor Baru Tiong Hua Association president Datuk Seri Tey Kim Chai expressed concern that the VEP collection will slow the traffic flow at the causeway.

He said, the government should design a mechanism for speeding the collection process.

"There are Plus collection and Eastern Dispersal Link Highway (EDL) collections on the causeway currently. If VEP need to pay at another counter, it may slow the traffic," he added.

He said, RM20 is a reasonable price with ringgit on a depreciation trend against strong Singapore Dollars.

He said, a Singapore car entering Johor Baru for a RM500 consumption, will only pay RM20 for VEP.

State Tourism, Domestic Trade and Consumerism executive committee chairman Datuk Tee Siew Kiong said the VEP would not have any effect on local businesses.

He said, the causeway still incurs traffic jam for up to 6 hours during the weekend and holiday season since the implementation of EDL toll on October.

He pointed out that the weak ringgit is a pull factor for Singaporeans to cross over for shopping and holiday.

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/1272931

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share: Tuas Checkpoint was checking all out going cars for 3/4 tank in the afternoon today. Quite a number of cars were booked, going by the list in the officers' clipboard.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to share: Tuas Checkpoint was checking all out going cars for 3/4 tank in the afternoon today. Quite a number of cars were booked, going by the list in the officers' clipboard.
Simply another form of harassment, soft warning to stay behind the mourning.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuel prices up 10 sen across the board for June

BY PATRICK LEE
Published: Sunday May 31, 2015 MYT 8:27:00 PM
Updated: Sunday May 31, 2015 MYT 9:18:32 PM

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia's fuel prices will go up at midnight, with a 10 sen hike across the board.

An announcement on the Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism Ministry website said RON 95 petrol and diesel would be priced at RM2.05 a litre in June, up from RM1.95 in May.

RON 97 fuel will cost RM2.35 per litre inclusive of the Goods and Service Tax, up from RM2.25 last month.

When contacted, Minister Datuk Seri Hasan Malek confirmed the fuel price hike.

This follows the Ministry's decision to set the market prices of petrol and diesel on a managed float, starting from Dec 1 last year.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/05/31/Fuel-prices-up-10-sen-June/

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone experience overtightened plugs and was removed by your workshop successfully? please recommend. URGENT! thanks!

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
VEP Registration

https://vep.jpj.gov.my

Just to share my experience with registering my pte vehicle for the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) registration. I completed it successfully but with much difficulties! Note that there may be additional requirements for commercial vehicles. VEP not required for motorcycles.

1. Read the "About" and "FAQ" in the website very carefully. Important points to note:
a. VEP registration effective 15 Aug 2015.
b. Effective 1 Nov 2015, all foreign pte vehicles (excl. motorcycles) entering Southern Msia need to pay RC (Road Charge) of RM20 per entry using the Touch and Go card.
c. VEP (RFID based) tag is free but there is a registration admin charge of RM10 when collecting the VEP tag later ("after 1 March 2016").
d. VEP is renewable every 5 years
e. VEP tag can be collected at both the CIQ complexes at a date to be announced later. Need to bring along the documents stated in the FAQ.
f. If VEP is expired, an LED panel at the CIQ will prompt you. You can still enter Msia but you will need to pay a penalty fee of RM150 upon leaving Msia.
g. VEP tag is not transferrable. If ownership change, VEP automatically expires. New owner needs to apply for a new VEP. Original owner needs to update the VEP details on the website (i.e. cancel).

2. You need to register on the above website with your email. Keep your email open, as you need to keep checking it back later for activation after registration, printing of the Confirmation email, etc. The web page does not prompt you! I kept re-setting my new password till I realized this!

3. If you encounter problems with registering the password, this is what I did:
a. Go to a password generator website, e.g.: https://www.safepasswd.com/
b. Select "All Characters" (most secure)
c. Leave the length at 10.
d. Create the new password.
e. Copy and paste the password in a suitable document, such as Word or Notes. Then save it in your computer. You'll still need it later, instead of re-typing the complicated password over and over again.

4. Go to the One Motoring website (http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html) and get details of your vehicle (some info are not in your log card). Login with your SingPass. Select "My Account", then "My Assets". Some info could not be printed from the web page. I resorted to use PrintScreen function of the computer.

5. Scan a copy of your vehicle log card. You'll need to upload this to the registration web page later.

6. Get your car insurance document ready (company name, policy number, expiry date).

7. Road tax expiry date

8. Passport number and expiry date.

9. For Singapore driving licence, there's is no expiry date on the licence. Just key in a dummy date.

10. Since I am the only driver, I just need to register one driver. You may need to do it for the rest of the other drivers using the same car.

11. Lastly, print a hard copy of all your documents (including Confirmation email from the Road Transport Dept.) and keep them in the car.

Hope the above helps.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: VEP Registration

VEP website cant seem to recognise private vehicles owned by companies. I was unable to press confirm button. I tested another category private vehicles owned by individuals, and it worked instead......

Looks like a big mess coming up on 1 Oct 2015.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

just to prove my point to myself i went to these two websites

www.jpj.gov.my

www.jpj.gov.my/vep <-- website given in the ST report on VEP

guess what. both website down. yep, msia govt website is down.

so my next obvious question, what with the hackjob implementation of the vep.jpj.gov.my, how can i be sure the site is kosher.? why is a msian govt website totally 100% in english?

questions, questions, so many unanswered.

Try https://vep.jpj.gov.my/
without the "www"

Hope this helps.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

image.jpg
Today's Star paper.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like what you had written, esp. this statement:
'the objective is to capture all singaporean car drivers details so that saman will be easier. ok, fine, m'sia has the prerogative'
Also, I am wondering: will the database collected be sold to 'bad people'?

when i read about the vep i want to laugh.
sotong implementation.
the objective is to capture all singaporean car drivers details so that saman will be easier. ok, fine, m'sia has the prerogative.
but the execution.. ahh.. so far i haven't seen any govt website that works well.
what's gonna happen is even after registration, the records will still go missing here and there or system down.
already this vep portal so sotongly implemented, with buttons cannot be pressed. Apa ini, no "system testing" before rollout ah?

actually very simple to implement. just put a camera with some imaging software there at the immigration booth, when the officer check your passport, he /she just check the camera, if singapore car, press a button activate a TnG reader, the driver just tap, settle. furthermore can already match the passport no (which is captured in the system) with the car no. Settle already.

what need to rollout VEP la, register here and there, then go queue up collect vep (after 1 march 2016 ? so from now till 2016 half sotong rollout)?

already now when m'sia side just check passport only, got queue like nobody business. with this VEP, expect massive jams as everyone don't know what to do.

super. (I am being sarcastic.) and for all that, we got discount at supermarket? no, still got to pay "cover charge" per entry.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry I blur blur, but can someone help me understand...

1. We have until Aug 31 to register our car - failing which we can't enter Malaysia from Sept onwards (big problem since we are daily commuters)
2. RM20 VEP scheduled to start Oct 1 onwards because Sept is "free" for cars to enter
3. RFID tag to be issued next year

So between Sept to whenever the RFID tags are issued - how will they know if our car is already registered or not? I thought the RFID tag is the ONLY instrument to match car with owner.

I'm dreading the first few days/weeks of this implementation...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry I blur blur, but can someone help me understand...

1. We have until Aug 31 to register our car - failing which we can't enter Malaysia from Sept onwards (big problem since we are daily commuters)
2. RM20 VEP scheduled to start Oct 1 onwards because Sept is "free" for cars to enter
3. RFID tag to be issued next year

So between Sept to whenever the RFID tags are issued - how will they know if our car is already registered or not? I thought the RFID tag is the ONLY instrument to match car with owner.

I'm dreading the first few days/weeks of this implementation...

Mayb can wave the printout to the customs officer to go through? Either that or they can key in your car plate no to see if the car has been registered.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do I register my car details? I can only register my personal profile, click save then stuck already...

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do I register my car details? I can only register my personal profile, click save then stuck already...

Under "My Profile" in the left hand column (left pane) of the web page, you can click on "Vehicle" to register/update your vehicle details. Then under "Drivers", you can add, update or delete the details for yourself and other drivers who may be driving the registered vehicle.

Note that if you click the carat under your name on the left hand column, a drop down menu will allow you to change password or sign out.

Hope this helps.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Under "My Profile" in the left hand column (left pane) of the web page, you can click on "Vehicle" to register/update your vehicle details. Then under "Drivers", you can add, update or delete the details for yourself and other drivers who may be driving the registered vehicle.

Note that if you click the carat under your name on the left hand column, a drop down menu will allow you to change password or sign out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks...I managed to figure it out last night, wasn't very obvious at first as using my mobile to register....laptop and mobile screens are different, thought I lost the VEP confirmation email when I could not find it under Drafts on my mobile but found it today when I logged onto my workplace tabletop PC...