• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Car Respray in JB

How much do you guys typically spent on your 10,000km servicing?

We paid 168RM for our most recent servicing @ Tebaru

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much do you guys typically spent on your 10,000km servicing?

We paid 168RM for our most recent servicing @ Tebaru

mine was less than that coz i brought my own engine oil , filters ...
i only paid service charge for wheels alignments , rotations , clean throttle , change oil and filters etc , less than RM120

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Friends,
almost one month back, i drove my brother's Malaysian registered Toyota Innova to Kluang and caught by Speed cam. The summon with photograph of the car was sent by post. The Speed was just 11km above the 110km/J limit (121km/J) and was fined RM150. As it was more than 30 days, the fine was escalating to RM300. Please advise on where to pay and possible of appealing?
From my understandings, my friend SG cars were summoned 5 times, each exceeding more than 150km/j and yet he didn't even bother to pay, and that was years back. I think I better drive using SG car to prevent summon.

you can pay or check your traffic summon online.

www.myeg.com.my

Just check, it requires Malaysia issued Credit cards only. other cards cannot be used.

Please advise any other means. thank you.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

you can pay or check your traffic summon online.

www.myeg.com.my

Just check, it requires Malaysia issued Credit cards only. other cards cannot be used.

Please advise any other means. thank you.

Hi Steve, actually you can. I am not sure if any changes occured recently but had a fine and paid using my SG credit card and it went through. I checked again a couple of weeks later, my fine record was gone.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Wuqi256,

Thank anyway. Manage to pay by credit card through my brother, Malaysia bank issued credit card (home loan from the bank).

ttt12

Re: Good cars and car dealers

Hi,

This is my virgin post here :smile:

I frequent JB & would like to service SG plate Nissan latio. Is this a good place to go in terms of price & reliability?

Pls advise & have a great weekend.

How about this one then? :smile:
Asked around for you, a bro used them before.

Call: Hawk Tyre Service Sdn Bhd
L 1-1 Southern City Hypermarket
Jalan Suria 19, 81100 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia, 607-333-8166

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Search this thread and found no info on car wash. I have been rejected twice the last two times I went to my regular spot at Giant car park in Bukit Indah. Seems they are more interested in polishing service now. Anyone has good car washing service to recommend?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Search this thread and found no info on car wash. I have been rejected twice the last two times I went to my regular spot at Giant car park in Bukit Indah. Seems they are more interested in polishing service now. Anyone has good car washing service to recommend?

Tattoo carwash along Jln indah 16/8 and 16/10. Near the coffeeshops opp Tesco, next to the Setia Show Village.

https://foursquare.com/v/tattoo-snow-car-wash/4ce0d51b825e721e679b7845

Carwash and vacuum RM8 only for my Honda Jazz. Can wait in the aircon area with free wifi and a free packet of water. This is real service!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 8 year old car is still in pretty good condition, so instead of scraping it, I was thinking whether I can deregister the car and export it to Malaysia for use, afterall the scrap value is only a few hundred dollars!
Anyone ever done this before?? Are the procedure complicated?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 8 year old car is still in pretty good condition, so instead of scraping it, I was thinking whether I can deregister the car and export it to Malaysia for use, afterall the scrap value is only a few hundred dollars!
Anyone ever done this before?? Are the procedure complicated?

I have exported my car but under MM2H program.

I have to apply for an approved permit to import in and I am not sure that you need this or not to import in a car not under the MM2H program.

I drove through Sg custom at Tuas Link for their endorsement of export documentation require for LTA purposes.

I engage a local agent to do all my import procedures and documentation at Malaysia custom.

I believe that you will be taxed on your car market value by the Malaysian custom.

Then you have to send the car for inspection. As my car has tinted glass, I have to sent the car to a workshop that removes the tinted glass and rent me the clear type just to pass inspection.

After clearing the inspection, then go to the LTA to register the car and get a Malaysian plate.

Once you have all the export and the import into Malaysia documentation, you go to LTA to de-register the car for PARF and COE encashment.

Things you need to find out is how much tax you have to pay for your car at Malaysia side. I actually have a hefty savings in tax on my car cos under MM2H incentive.

Need any help, pm me and I can pass you the details, contacts etc.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking to sell my MY car to upgrade to a starex royale. Anyone interested to take over my Alza? Only few months young. Fully paid. PM me. Like new.! Some improvements done, rare beauty! Smash resistant tinted all round, front heat resistant tinted. All ratio approved type. Sports skirtings all round. Changed bigger sports rims with nice and branded tyres. Sporty looks front grille top and bottom.
Mileage only 2k plus!

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking to sell my MY car to upgrade to a starex royale. Anyone interested to take over my Alza? Only few months young. Fully paid. PM me. Like new.! Some improvements done, rare beauty! Smash resistant tinted all round, front heat resistant tinted. All ratio approved type. Sports skirtings all round. Changed bigger sports rims with nice and branded tyres. Sporty looks front grille top and bottom.
Mileage only 2k plus!

Wah Starex Royal...best thing is the premium model only equivalent of a piece of paper (coe) in sg! Share with us bro ur experience when u get one :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wah Starex Royal...best thing is the premium model only equivalent of a piece of paper (coe) in sg! Share with us bro ur experience when u get one :smile:

My 1 cent worth.

2.5 turbo diesel, good speed and torgue. A bit top heavy so be careful around corners as you will hear the tyres squeal if you do quick cornering.

Powerful enough(able to go up Genting without downshifting with 8-9 pax plus cargo in the car), a little noisy(diesel), fuel consumption ok. Waste to use it if one drives just 1-2 pax mostly. Huge cargo space. Height clearance issues (some carparks), very good turning radius for a car this size. Do not drive it fast around corners even though it can do a quick sprint. Difficult in parking if one does head first (and always some guy will double park behind or near you) Reverse camera is mounted internally (need to change). Earlier old models do not have rear screen wiper.

Able to hold its own for doing surprisingly quick u turns. Good warranty but intervals a bit short plus you need to use their stuff(no bringing/using of own stuff). Side skirt is a bit too long and sometimes, will bang into curbs when opening the doors. Recommend to just get the basic version. Not a lot of after market accessories available for it unless one buys direct from Korea.

800 plus RM yearly road tax i believe and it is much more expensive in terms of insurance. Some firms will allow trade in of car to upgrade.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 1 cent worth.

2.5 turbo diesel, good speed and torgue. A bit top heavy so be careful around corners as you will hear the tyres squeal if you do quick cornering.

Powerful enough(able to go up Genting without downshifting with 8-9 pax plus cargo in the car), a little noisy(diesel), fuel consumption ok. Waste to use it if one drives just 1-2 pax mostly. Huge cargo space. Height clearance issues (some carparks), very good turning radius for a car this size. Do not drive it fast around corners even though it can do a quick sprint. Difficult in parking if one does head first (and always some guy will double park behind or near you) Reverse camera is mounted internally (need to change). Earlier old models do not have rear screen wiper.

Able to hold its own for doing surprisingly quick u turns. Good warranty but intervals a bit short plus you need to use their stuff(no bringing/using of own stuff). Side skirt is a bit too long and sometimes, will bang into curbs when opening the doors. Recommend to just get the basic version. Not a lot of after market accessories available for it unless one buys direct from Korea.

800 plus RM yearly road tax i believe and it is much more expensive in terms of insurance. Some firms will allow trade in of car to upgrade.

So boss you own one also? Can't afford alphard or vellfire so this one should be cheap and good I guess?!
Saw the new version in Thailand, Starex Royale VIP . 8 sweater with LCD or LED tv installed. Very nice!
I like to corner with less braking so with that big van I can't do that already?! I got visitors coming so need a bigger car, didn't anticipate that! Wife dun drive so can't convoy. I am the only experienced driver..
Dun know should change or not? Top speed how fast boss? Standard or premium?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes bro u r very rite. The price of that paper can pay full and still got change. Looks like a van, insurance heard is 4k plus, dun know true or not. Haven't check it out. Got to get rid of my car 1st, later stuck with 2 cars then in the end will neglect 1 eventually and it will spoil easily if never use. Car is like wife .. Can only have 1 ! :smile:
Btw my wife dun drive.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So boss you own one also? Can't afford alphard or vellfire so this one should be cheap and good I guess?!
Saw the new version in Thailand, Starex Royale VIP . 8 sweater with LCD or LED tv installed. Very nice!
I like to corner with less braking so with that big van I can't do that already?! I got visitors coming so need a bigger car, didn't anticipate that! Wife dun drive so can't convoy. I am the only experienced driver..
Dun know should change or not? Top speed how fast boss? Standard or premium?

Not boss, just a kitchen helper that Boss Sam (bless his soul) allows me to help out here.
Definitely reasonable and good. Worth the price as its half what the others cost but provides more value. No sun roof though. Yes you can still convert it to 8 seater here, then its really HUGE. Then cornering is out as its cornering leave much to be desired (sharp corners at anything more than 70kmph is a no no) Then definitely good car for visitors, put in 11 very comfortably(due to classification insurance will be very expensive if you use the 12th seat). Can definitely do fast sprints and good for long term journey (don't swing the seats back facing though as folks may feel nauseous)

Worth it if you have consistently more than a need to have 8 pax onboard. (Alza can actually squeeze a bit despite its size for short distances)
It definitely can exceed 180kmph, just get the standard one as premium only covers one side auto door and has napa leather seats thats all.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Parking is definitely one issue you should look out for though, its not that wide but has a long wheelbase, bad news for folks who are not adept in parking.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the insurance is a bit ex, more than 4k potentially. You can trade it in at some dealers but best to sell directly to other owners. Actually if you ask some of my friends, car is like wife, best to have at least 4. :smile:

This is a good place to maintain cars as spray painting, etc has many options.

Yes Thks for yr views boss. U rich ma can afford 4 cars! But I prefer 4 wife's than 4 cars! Cos wife's can keep indoors but not cars! :biggrin: I see my wife longer than I see my car! Just kidding.
No takers will keep te Alza as mistress.....Cheers

Last edited: