• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la that day is a Sunday. I pillion my brother in law to woodland custom because still havent buy car yet. I now take bus over to 2nd link at 5am usually reach my office at Clementi by 7am

I see...you reach office in good time...maybe still can catch a few remaining winks.

Yep, without a Singapore car I now feel a bit handicapped when thinking about crossing over during CNY to go visiting. Last time can just get into the car and drive across...now join que take bus with young kids in tow...a logistical maneuver that have to be the norm for us simply because SG cars are too ridiculously priced beyond my means..

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I still love my decision to sell away my Singapore car which I surely wouldn't do if I am still in Singapore. Cars is really a luxury to me especially I was caught in the hype of seeing who drive a better car. 3 months before I moved into Malaysia I was still seeing the new bmw 5 series, looking back now I am really glad my wife told me off and wake me up. If not I am still in debt with a metal cage rented from govt for 10 years.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I still love my decision to sell away my Singapore car which I surely wouldn't do if I am still in Singapore. Cars is really a luxury to me especially I was caught in the hype of seeing who drive a better car. 3 months before I moved into Malaysia I was still seeing the new bmw 5 series, looking back now I am really glad my wife told me off and wake me up. If not I am still in debt with a metal cage rented from govt for 10 years.

Your wife good lah! My wife tells me not to pine for the scrapped SG car and just accept the inconvenience of not having an SG car anymore, and to enjoy the new MY car. LOL!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your wife good lah! My wife tells me not to pine for the scrapped SG car and just accept the inconvenience of not having an SG car anymore, and to enjoy the new MY car. LOL!

Taking causeway link daily makes me realised why the hell I want to drive in and out even.... It is as comfy and convenient as having own transport. At least for my sort of timing.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harrier, Fortuner, Land Cruiser - Conti don't waste your time unless you got $$ to spend on maintenance, it's a serious hassle.

If you don't mind hassle, then Defender!

The new Ford pickups are nice too.

I used to have a conti 2 door and although i love the car to bits, it practically spend 30% of the time in workshops, the maintenance almost was more than the cost.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harrier, Fortuner, Land Cruiser - Conti don't waste your time unless you got $$ to spend on maintenance, it's a serious hassle.

If you don't mind hassle, then Defender!

The new Ford pickups are nice too.

I used to have a conti 2 door and although i love the car to bits, it practically spend 30% of the time in workshops, the maintenance almost was more than the cost.

Ford Ranger and Mitsubishi Triton are nice cars too.

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest Ranger is very nice at Rm108k. How about the older 2010 models ?
Hilux most reliable but under power for the 2.5G.
The new Hilux is coming in Apr.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest Ranger is very nice at Rm108k. How about the older 2010 models ?
Hilux most reliable but under power for the 2.5G.
The new Hilux is coming in Apr.

Have not owned nor driven such flatbed trucks before, but is fish tailing a concern especially when the rear is empty most of the time?

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upgrade the suspension can minimise these concern. It's practical in JB & tax is less than passenger cars

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who are Singaporeans and living in JB and own a MY car, has any of you tried driving your MY car past JB checkpoint and then halfway on the causeway bridge turn back to JB just to have passport stamped before the 30 days social visit period is over? Technically I believe this can be done. I wanted to do this yesterday but got cold feet wondering if will get stopped and questioned, so I just parked my car along the road and walked the family out of JB checkpoint and just walked across the bus lanes to enter back into JB.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who are Singaporeans and living in JB and own a MY car, has any of you tried driving your MY car past JB checkpoint and then halfway on the causeway bridge turn back to JB just to have passport stamped before the 30 days social visit period is over? Technically I believe this can be done. I wanted to do this yesterday but got cold feet wondering if will get stopped and questioned, so I just parked my car along the road and walked the family out of JB checkpoint and just walked across the bus lanes to enter back into JB.

What a unique problem. Is there no way to e-extend your visit pass?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a unique problem. Is there no way to e-extend your visit pass?

Don't think so. e extend don't have, but "eellegally" extend can..Shows that family is so happy to remain in JB that they can almost one month also don't go back to Singapore. LOL!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe I read some time back that it can be done as just before the customs, there will be a u turn point for you to turn back. You are trying woodland or 2nd link?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe I read some time back that it can be done as just before the customs, there will be a u turn point for you to turn back. You are trying woodland or 2nd link?

Yes, going by Woodlands which is much closer to my home. I also believe can u turn but worried that there might be guards along the way, really don't wish to be pulled over for "charity donation". Maybe add new meaning to the term "charity drive"! LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah...very happy like bird leh...just topped up almost zero to full tank at 76 litres of diesel for RM110 because diesel price went down to RM1.45/ltr. That's less than S$40 for a full tank! In Singapore that would only give me little over 1/4 tank.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see...you reach office in good time...maybe still can catch a few remaining winks.

Yep, without a Singapore car I now feel a bit handicapped when thinking about crossing over during CNY to go visiting. Last time can just get into the car and drive across...now join que take bus with young kids in tow...a logistical maneuver that have to be the norm for us simply because SG cars are too ridiculously priced beyond my means..

Can consider renting occasionally...still cheaper than owning