• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone considers, or is currently, driving a diesel powered car? Does it makes sense to pay the higher road tax for such a car but able to pump cheaper disel in Malaysia (assuming it is cheaper)...

The sulfur content is very high in the diesel and will damage euro 5 diesel car . Even current SG diesel is not as good for Euro 5 diesel vehicle.

Diesel car engine is still not as refined as petrol car. Hybrid is a better choice.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros and sistas,

Recently my JB car insurance and road tax going to due. And I actually quite noob about insurance and road tax in Malaysia johor. So I ask around about how to go about for this. As a singaporean like me especially don't know too much about the area but only bukit indah area I'm abit familiar. So I ask one of my workshop boss who should I look for if I want to renew my insurance and road tax, becoz the workshop don't deal with it. He recommended me one lady by the name of Shirlene kang from Zurich insurance company in Jb.

So I call her and ask her how to go about, I must say she is really friendly and helpful Thats why I really want to recommend her to you all if you own a Malaysia car in Jb. You can look for her her contact is 013-7711033 Shirlene Kang.

*Note: I am not advertising for her to earn money, I just want to share with you all nice ppl who can provide good services. sorry Wuqi bro, pls let me know if I am violated the forum rules n regulations. Thank you.
I just wanted to share only.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently just changed the security alarm at tebrau area n it cost 180rm while before that checked at Bt Indah its 250rm ,guess just need to go around n check first before doing anything as prices do vary a bit if cost conciuos .I suppose.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently just changed the security alarm at tebrau area n it cost 180rm while before that checked at Bt Indah its 250rm ,guess just need to go around n check first before doing anything as prices do vary a bit if cost conciuos .I suppose.

Yes, welcome to tebrau.
Taman daya area there got many car service n accessories shops. Price reasonable than e BI chopping board. If u become regular, they will waive off e workmanship or minor repairs..:p

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes probably spoilt by Singaporeans who constantly brag about the cheap products or services they raise prices once they see SG cars.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi , This morning send my Spore registered car to Auto Bavaria for service , it seems like it it cheaper by 10% compared to Performance Motor.:smile:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever is living in JB and driving Malaysia car, pls go and pump now, tomorrow the petrol 95 and diesel will increase by RM0.20 per litre

dongfangmeiren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Anybody can recommend any reasonable shop that sell tyres and sport rims for my Chevrolet Cruze?

And is it relatively cheaper in JB than SG?

Thanks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Some good news ...

KL scraps decades-old fuel subsidy policy
22 Nov 5:50 AM
Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA will abolish subsidies for petrol and diesel starting next month as falling oil prices provide Prime Minister Najib Razak the opportunity to end a decades-old policy of cheap fuel.

The cost of the widely used RON 95 grade of petrol and diesel will be based on a managed float system from Dec 1, the government said in a statement on Friday. The ringgit rose.

A decline in global fuel prices is giving countries including Malaysia, India and Indonesia the chance to scale back subsidies that have contributed to fiscal deficits. Reduced borrowing requirements may help emerging markets weather capital-flow disruptions as the US moves towards raising interest rates next year.

"This is a great move," said Chua Hak Bin, an economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Singapore. "This is a very small window of opportunity given the collapse in international fuel prices, which have basically fallen to the subsidised domestic fuel prices. So if you do it now, it doesn't show up in the sticker price at the pump."

The Malaysian ringgit rose 0.3 per cent against the US dollar on Friday, the biggest gainer among Asian currencies. It has declined about 5.5 per cent in the past three months as strategists cut their forecasts for the currency on concern that the nation is vulnerable to a selloff. The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI Index of shares dropped 0.7 per cent.

Mr Najib has pledged to improve Malaysia's fiscal position through cuts in subsidies and government expenditure, and by broadening the tax base. Inflation in Southeast Asia's third-biggest economy is accelerating, and the central bank forecasts price gains will quicken with the implementation of a goods and services tax from next April 1.

"Through the managed float, the average change in the cost of the product will determine pricing for the next month," according to the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism. "This means that if the market price of crude oil increases, the retail price of RON 95 and diesel will also increase. And vice versa."

Malaysia narrowed the fiscal deficit to 3.9 per cent of GDP in 2013, and Mr Najib wants to further trim the gap to 3.5 per cent this year and 3 per cent in 2015, heading towards a balanced budget by 2020. Bloomberg

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/kl-scraps-decades-old-fuel-subsidy-policy

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal

So Ron 95 not subsidized after november, Singapore cars can also pump Ron 95? Discrimination policy against foreign cars no longer hold grounds and cost concious Foreign cars owners can have a choice to stop wasting money on unnecessary power in Ron 97.

KL scraps decades-old fuel subsidy policy
22 Nov 5:50 AM
Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA will abolish subsidies for petrol and diesel starting next month as falling oil prices provide Prime Minister Najib Razak the opportunity to end a decades-old policy of cheap fuel.

The cost of the widely used RON 95 grade of petrol and diesel will be based on a managed float system from Dec 1, the government said in a statement on Friday. The ringgit rose.

A decline in global fuel prices is giving countries including Malaysia, India and Indonesia the chance to scale back subsidies that have contributed to fiscal deficits. Reduced borrowing requirements may help emerging markets weather capital-flow disruptions as the US moves towards raising interest rates next year.

"This is a great move," said Chua Hak Bin, an economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Singapore. "This is a very small window of opportunity given the collapse in international fuel prices, which have basically fallen to the subsidised domestic fuel prices. So if you do it now, it doesn't show up in the sticker price at the pump."

The Malaysian ringgit rose 0.3 per cent against the US dollar on Friday, the biggest gainer among Asian currencies. It has declined about 5.5 per cent in the past three months as strategists cut their forecasts for the currency on concern that the nation is vulnerable to a selloff. The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI Index of shares dropped 0.7 per cent.

Mr Najib has pledged to improve Malaysia's fiscal position through cuts in subsidies and government expenditure, and by broadening the tax base. Inflation in Southeast Asia's third-biggest economy is accelerating, and the central bank forecasts price gains will quicken with the implementation of a goods and services tax from next April 1.

"Through the managed float, the average change in the cost of the product will determine pricing for the next month," according to the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism. "This means that if the market price of crude oil increases, the retail price of RON 95 and diesel will also increase. And vice versa."

Malaysia narrowed the fiscal deficit to 3.9 per cent of GDP in 2013, and Mr Najib wants to further trim the gap to 3.5 per cent this year and 3 per cent in 2015, heading towards a balanced budget by 2020. Bloomberg

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/kl-scraps-decades-old-fuel-subsidy-policy

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe that they can't (or very difficult to) implement the so-called MyCard system to allocate restricted monthly subsidized petrol for the different income groups of locals. So, might as well make it no more subsidized petrol for all instead.