• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think abit hard to find a gd and reasonable meachnic in BI .
Last week I went to the tyre shop opp S11 to do wheels alignment , the supervisor told me , my tyres are the prob , need to change to michelin tyres so that my wheels wont go to left side so much ....

Wheel go one side is either camber problem or alignment. have to solve the root of the cause first. even u change four need tyre be it Michelin or Bridgestone. Eventually it will still go one side. :smile: cheers

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
My bad.

I din read this thread fully.

I din know you had a bad experience with him too.

Coz ur a senior here.

I aso kena severe over charging... several times.

But initially I din realise that.

I thought I'm dreaming coz I thought he would not wanna ruin his reputation.

in fact his workshop used to be busier when he was more reasonable.

Now a days I find it empty most of the time.

actually i shared my views when i used this satu malaysia last yr liao , the korean parts he charged me was 3 times more than in SG .... one time biz fr me only!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wheel go one side is either camber problem or alignment. have to solve the root of the cause first. even u change four need tyre be it Michelin or Bridgestone. Eventually it will still go one side. :smile: cheers

thanks , ya , he told me even he do alignment for me , the next moment will go left side again , i really doubt his skills .... if tats e case , no one will use the stock tyres liao .

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks , ya , he told me even he do alignment for me , the next moment will go left side again , i really doubt his skills .... if tats e case , no one will use the stock tyres liao .

No worries sis ! :smile: sometime workshop like to use this kind of tactic. I may not be a pro mech, but im a car enthusiast. like to know car anatomy hehehe. Now I dunno wat 2nd hand car to buy with the budget of 10-13k rm. Tot of buying a year 1993-95 Honda accord but dunno how the mechanic in JB skill. I know they are good mechanic in JB but not near bukit indah area. Just hope that BI will have one that know how and what to do. rather than just ask you to change this and that without even diagnose the problem.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

It may be worth a try to go to Stamford Tires in Singapore. They have dynamic on-wheel balancing and also ask them to check on the camber as well. I have used them before, but it was a long time ago though and it solved my problem of leaning to 1 side when the steering is released. Also, it's very important to make sure that all your 4 tires are of the same pressure.

D

Deleted member 80916

what is the JB market rate for labour only - to overhaul engine, i.e. engine suffered gasket failure,..water enter from cooling circuit into oil circuit,...have to
change cylinderhead
change radiator, hoses,..
total engine re-build,....
for a 1.3 litre engine ?
Thanks

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Kia Sportage for SUV and Sorento for MPV... New models very nice.

Ford got new model KUGA as SUV very impressive but more ex than Kia.

I have my eyes set on the Hyundai Starex (drooling...) but will wait until the COE mati on current car.:p

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just hope that BI will have one that know how and what to do. rather than just ask you to change this and that without even diagnose the problem.

Not tat they dont know how to do. But easy way out lah. Juz change here and tere. Easy money mah. Juz like instead of repairing a leaked tap. Plumber normally suggest changing the tap. Charge u service, tpt and cost of tap.:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it's a good buy. But always remember 4k plus for insurance and 2k for road tax yearly which put me off from getting one.

But considering no absurd COE to pay and no 10 year cap on COE life....must think long term lor.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will see what I can milk out of scrap value when the current car reaches 10 years soon. Else 2nd hand Starex should still be good, hopefully not seen high mileage.

Last edited by a moderator: