• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and yes to the latest qn you asked about Sporean buying a Malaysia car. Just that the loan amt is slightly lower.

Wont affect most Sporeans buying 2nd hand cars in Malaysia. I mean most cars that we buy is only RM30,000 ( S$13000 ). Do you think most Singaporeans in JB will need to take loan on 13k?

Can a singaporean drive a msia registered car not under his name?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and yes to the latest qn you asked about Sporean buying a Malaysia car. Just that the loan amt is slightly lower.

Wont affect most Sporeans buying 2nd hand cars in Malaysia. I mean most cars that we buy is only RM30,000 ( S$13000 ). Do you think most Singaporeans in JB will need to take loan on 13k?

Thanks, one day I will have to ditch the overpriced sg car and settle for a msia car. The amount of money spend on a sg car over 10 years can buy a house there. Any commuting via 2nd link will be via my humble 2wheels and change to car once enter my heavily guarded condo, which will be just 5 mins from 2nd link according to advertisement lol

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you start to pay for a 2nd hand car in Malaysia, you realise Singapore cars are grossly and super grossly overpriced, easily a few times more than the 2nd most expensive in the world

I had to double check when I was quoted S$300/year without any NCD for my insurance in Malaysia as I am used to $2500 with 50% NCD back in Singapore

I had to double check again when my road tax was like S$50/year. I had thought I was quoted $50 per month and had to call up my insurance agent to confirm that he dint quoted me wrongly as I was used to a S$2500/year Road tax in this overpriced country called Singapore

$50 vs $2500 for road tax and $300 vs $2500. That's easily 2000-5000% increase once you cross the causeway!

My car by the way cost S$7000.

And I seriously don't understand why are people whining about S$10 tolls or RM 50 levy ? After thinking for 3 months I seriously don't get it. It must be these people don't even stay in JB at all.

Thanks, one day I will have to ditch the overpriced sg car and settle for a msia car. The amount of money spend on a sg car over 10 years can buy a house there. Any commuting via 2nd link will be via my humble 2wheels and change to car once enter my heavily guarded condo, which will be just 5 mins from 2nd link according to advertisement lol

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you start to pay for a 2nd hand car in Malaysia, you realise Singapore cars are grossly and super grossly overpriced, easily a few times more than the 2nd most expensive in the world

I had to double check when I was quoted S$300/year without any NCD for my insurance in Malaysia as I am used to $2500 with 50% NCD back in Singapore

I had to double check again when my road tax was like S$50/year. I had thought I was quoted $50 per month and had to call up my insurance agent to confirm that he dint quoted me wrongly as I was used to a S$2500/year Road tax in this overpriced country called Singapore

$50 vs $2500 for road tax and $300 vs $2500. That's easily 2000-5000% increase once you cross the causeway!

And I seriously don't understand why are people whining about S$10 tolls or RM 50 levy ? After thinking for 3 months I seriously don't get it. It must be these people don't even stay in JB at all.
Singaporeans myself are still living in a dreamworld ,safest, most expensive country in the world till they step out of their mindset will be that way ,as same as being brainwashed with all the crimes that happens across even when there r crimes here in Spore ,its on what we think is right becomes reality till we break out of this trance .

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans myself are still living in a dreamworld ,safest, most expensive country in the world till they step out of their mindset will be that way ,as same as being brainwashed with all the crimes that happens across even when there r crimes here in Spore ,its on what we think is right becomes reality till we break out of this trance .

Yes..
Singaporeans are too sheltered..
I agree... I am a Singaporean and my wife is also a Singaporean..

Everytime I cross over to JB..
I also do fear being targeted for robbery because of the perception of JB built over the years by media..
But still I bought JB condo and also still dare to go into JB alone..

As for my wife??
She only dare to stay around City Square Mall and no further...
So going with her to JB is a headache...

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just ask, why pap bother to build train connection from woodland stn to jb??
why temasek bother to invest in a plot of dangabay land??
missed opportunity to buy under rm500,000 property, come march/april 2015, will be rm1million.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't even dare to set foot on City Square alone. In fact I avoid JB CC even though I pass by the Shell station in the Kastam almost daily

Yes..
Singaporeans are too sheltered..
I agree... I am a Singaporean and my wife is also a Singaporean..

Everytime I cross over to JB..
I also do fear being targeted for robbery because of the perception of JB built over the years by media..
But still I bought JB condo and also still dare to go into JB alone..

As for my wife??
She only dare to stay around City Square Mall and no further...
So going with her to JB is a headache...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday coming home from KL, pump petrol at Shell but R97 no stock so pump R95 to full tank around RM100, shiok!

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday coming home from KL, pump petrol at Shell but R97 no stock so pump R95 to full tank around RM100, shiok!

Before 1st Dec 2014, RON95 was subsidised by Malaysian Government and thus to prevent misuse by foreign cars, foreign cars can only pump RON97 but wef 1st Dec 2014, RON95 are no longer subsidised by Malaysian Government, technically, foreign cars are now free to choose between RON95 and RON97. . I hope the relevant agency should make the announcement.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before 1st Dec 2014, RON95 was subsidised by Malaysian Government and thus to prevent misuse by foreign cars, foreign cars can only pump RON97 but wef 1st Dec 2014, RON95 are no longer subsidised by Malaysian Government, technically, foreign cars are now free to choose between RON95 and RON97. . I hope the relevant agency should make the announcement.

Tried to do it yday but was informed they had no instructions fr authority yet though they still allow me to pump Ron95 since i already pumping d ron95

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
your kupkia so big tank..:confused:

Aiyo, that is my OPC MPV for moving about in Malaysia roads FREELY, free from having to pay S$20 when I am using it during the day when not working. For daily work commute I have a 400cc "kupkia" LOL!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ron 97 is already RM2.46. If you go caltex and get their discount card, you still can obtain their points and off set your fuel cost next few times.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you buy a 2nd hand car, what would you look out for in Malaysian car ? Like leaking engine oil, aircon and do the dealer go for after sales service ?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My no.1 concern if i were to buy a car in msia would be the chassis worthiness of the car. No major accidents.
Follow by the health of the car's engine & transmission. Mileage on odo in msia is of no good unless car is Agent serviced.
So if possible do a test drive follow by send to familiar workshop for mechanic to take a look.
Lastly try get a Toyota or Jap cars for reliability. Parts no issue iso.
Budget a few thousand for wear & tear.

My 2 cents

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
For some months, I was mulling about getting either a used or new car in Malaysia. I finally decided against a used car because of worries about road worthiness and problems that may not be obvious and booked a new car to take advantage of some "year-end promotions".

Can't wait to get the keys :-)