• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car loan quantum for foreigners should be 80%. Not sure of the max loan period but I think its 10 years.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I see looks like loan either 7 or 9 years leh. Some even say can have 100% loan. Zhun boh?

Info I have is about a year ago when I bought my car, so the terms may have changed since.

Since you already know the terms, why are you asking?

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, anyone can share what loan quantum (% of finance) and loan period that Singaporeans can normally get to buy MY cars?

with properties in Malaysia will be better position for you to get higher percentage loan. according to a salesman i spoke to.
however i remember is around 70% to 80% loan only.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any advice where to do good security window tinting and not too expensive one? Sorry I am the kind that look for cheap and good...typical chow kuan Singaporean. Was looking at Groupon but not sure these companies can make it since they charging a few hundred RM but it seems full price is like RM2000 or more. Share lobangs and experience please.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any advice where to do good security window tinting and not too expensive one? Sorry I am the kind that look for cheap and good...typical chow kuan Singaporean. Was looking at Groupon but not sure these companies can make it since they charging a few hundred RM but it seems full price is like RM2000 or more. Share lobangs and experience please.

There is one just opposite Brother's (UTM) Taman Universiti. I did mine around RM600.

Full Address: 36, 38, 40, 49, Jalan Kebudayaan 1A, Taman University, 81300, Skudai, Johor, 81300, Malaysia

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one just opposite Brother's (UTM) Taman Universiti. I did mine around RM600.

Full Address: 36, 38, 40, 49, Jalan Kebudayaan 1A, Taman University, 81300, Skudai, Johor, 81300, Malaysia

Which brand is that? My car dealer said v kool best....

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which brand is that? My car dealer said v kool best....

Decided to go with V Kool....even though I was mulling over Raytech. The latter is 7 years warranty and 5 mm, while former is 5 years warranty and 6mm , and RM100 cheaper than Raytech. Hope it is a right choice when I go do it tomorrow.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decided to go with V Kool....even though I was mulling over Raytech. The latter is 7 years warranty and 5 mm, while former is 5 years warranty and 6mm , and RM100 cheaper than Raytech. Hope it is a right choice when I go do it tomorrow.

V Kool is the best. Second come 3M. There's also another one called LLumar. It uses thicker film and is resistant to smashing car windows.
If you want cheaper ones, Ecotint also ok.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
V Kool is the best. Second come 3M. There's also another one called LLumar. It uses thicker film and is resistant to smashing car windows.

Long term investment, so thanks for the heads up about vkool!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long term investment, so thanks for the heads up about vkool!

Make sure it is JPJ compliant type. I use VKool Elite but there are other types too. Not all types of Vkool is approved by the local authorities.

JPJ : Jabatan Penangkutan Jalan ( equivalent to LTA of SG)

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do not buy smash resistant films, in the event of an emergency you can get trapped and rescuers may not be able to reach you and may result in tragedy.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not buy smash resistant films, in the event of an emergency you can get trapped and rescuers may not be able to reach you and may result in tragedy.

The front wind shield is non smash resistant. But side ones are. The side windows being the usual ones that robbers on wheels will smash.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The front wind shield is non smash resistant. But side ones are. The side windows being the usual ones that robbers on wheels will smash.

No point putting these expensive films. For security, just don't put valuables on your car seats and use physical lock on steering wheel, gear shift and/or pedals. For sun shield, you can buy those cheap $20-30 removable suction films (LTA-friendly) that are much more effective against the sun than the solar films. Any car that is 1 hour under the sun will still get very hot inside due to thermal equilibrium.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I got approached recently at a BHP petrol kiosk near kebun teh area. The chap arrived suddenly by motorcycle, braked hard behind my parked car. It was a bit odd but he asked me nicely for 50 SGD but i didn't have my wallet with me, i told him it was too early and i passed him some ringgit instead. He told me his desperation as he did not have enough for cash card so in the end i helped him a bit more. In the end, we shook hands and i wished him well.

I parked my car at Puteri Harbour for 2 days when we went to Batam recently. Took about 2 hours but still beats going into SG, jam at the borders, then take ferry from Harbour front. Was informed by the guards to keep valuables out of sight but otherwise people do leave their cars there without issues. Same case for mine.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,

Long time no see. :smile:

I think generally just use simple logic. Do not show your valuables around.
I personally witnessed a SG car which was parked next to me in legoland with its window smashed and opened backpack left on the ground last year.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make sure it is JPJ compliant type. I use VKool Elite but there are other types too. Not all types of Vkool is approved by the local authorities.

JPJ : Jabatan Penangkutan Jalan ( equivalent to LTA of SG)

Done deal with "damage" at RM2300, vkool medium range (don't know the exact name), but wished it had been slightly darker tint. Oh well...