• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
killing someone is not as easy as we thought it is actually. Try squeezing the trigger at a live target before? Hence I believe those who intend to "make a killing" are just psycho, even if they are going to rob a primary school kid for $5, they are going to kill as well.

BTW, Happy New Year Bro Frodo!

Some are desperate, some are siao...

Happy New Year to you too!!!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Johor will be the first to use the Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) device to nab vehicle owners with outstanding traffic summonses and warrants.

Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh said the device would be installed at the Causeway by next week and the offenders would be stopped at the checkpoint here.

He said JBS has already received three of the devices, one of which would be permanently set up at the Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex here.

“The other two portable devices will be used during special operations,” he told reporters during an Ops Saman operation here yesterday.

The first offender to be caught by the device was a man driving a scrapped car with a fake registration number. It was detected during the operations yesterday.

ACP Sulaiman said the camera on the devices would be linked to tablets with a database of traffic offenders.

The device would alert officers if any vehicle passing by was on the database.

“The use of ANPR devices, which will be used on both foreign and locally registered vehicles, will be introduced to other police districts and installed at checkpoints nationwide by early June.

“The system is linked to the police crime department and the Road Transport Department (JPJ) records, making it easier for us to detect stolen or unregistered vehicles or those belonging to persons of interest to the police,” he added.

ACP Sulaiman said issuing summonses could also be done with just a few clicks using the new Mobile Compound Online Payments System (MCOPS) gadget.

“The MCOPS device is similar to a mini printer that can be hung at the side like a sling bag and with a special mobile application, officers would just have to insert the offenders’ particulars to issue the summon.

“Not only does it save time but the device can also print a picture of the vehicle as proof of an offence,” he said, adding that offenders would be advised to settle their dues as soon as possible.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Johor will be the first to use the Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) device to nab vehicle owners with outstanding traffic summonses and warrants.

Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh said the device would be installed at the Causeway by next week and the offenders would be stopped at the checkpoint here.

He said JBS has already received three of the devices, one of which would be permanently set up at the Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex here.

“The other two portable devices will be used during special operations,” he told reporters during an Ops Saman operation here yesterday.

The first offender to be caught by the device was a man driving a scrapped car with a fake registration number. It was detected during the operations yesterday.

ACP Sulaiman said the camera on the devices would be linked to tablets with a database of traffic offenders.

The device would alert officers if any vehicle passing by was on the database.

“The use of ANPR devices, which will be used on both foreign and locally registered vehicles, will be introduced to other police districts and installed at checkpoints nationwide by early June.

“The system is linked to the police crime department and the Road Transport Department (JPJ) records, making it easier for us to detect stolen or unregistered vehicles or those belonging to persons of interest to the police,” he added.

ACP Sulaiman said issuing summonses could also be done with just a few clicks using the new Mobile Compound Online Payments System (MCOPS) gadget.

“The MCOPS device is similar to a mini printer that can be hung at the side like a sling bag and with a special mobile application, officers would just have to insert the offenders’ particulars to issue the summon.

“Not only does it save time but the device can also print a picture of the vehicle as proof of an offence,” he said, adding that offenders would be advised to settle their dues as soon as possible.

a good move especially for the stolen car part, just hope they dont abuse the device and make it to earn more kopi money.

Dinarissa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone have reliable used car dealer to recommend ? I am looking for a used car in JB.

2nd round of test-drive Triton over the last weekend.

1st round, husband drove.. and I was a bit scared to try driving such a huge vehicle (I only got my driving license like a year ago...) So both of us were hoping I will enjoy the Triton so we can get it as our Malaysia transport.

LOVE IT! over taking has never been so easy.. and I purposely went over a gigantic pothole.. and almost felt nothing! (would have my teeth jarred out with driving our small small cute cute Singapore car)

Waiting for May/June as we heard prices will drop then for Hari Raya.

Anyone knows whether prices are controlled in Malaysia? We are thinking to get Triton Adventure. Or any recommended reliable car dealers? We went to the one at Tampoi.

Thanks!

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal

1st round, husband drove.. and I was a bit scared to try driving such a huge vehicle (I only got my driving license like a year ago...) So both of us were hoping I will enjoy the Triton so we can get it as our Malaysia transport.

LOVE IT! over taking has never been so easy.. and I purposely went over a gigantic pothole.. and almost felt nothing! (would have my teeth jarred out with driving our small small cute cute Singapore car)

Anyone knows whether prices are controlled in Malaysia? We are thinking to get Triton Adventure. Or any recommended reliable car dealers? We went to the one at Tampoi.

Thanks!

Try the Ford Ranger before deciding - the ride should be much better & 2.2L slightly lower road tax.
For reliability, the new Toyota Hilux is out soon at higher price.
If budget constrain, 2nd hand are available.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQ-etiFyho

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually looking for a used Isuzu D-Max, easier and cheaper for maintenance. Still looking for reliable used car dealer.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try Subaru Forrester. Heard Subaru cars not likely to be stolen cos they are not so common.

BTW, anyone can advise where to take driving refresher courses in JB ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try Subaru Forrester. Heard Subaru cars not likely to be stolen cos they are not so common.

BTW, anyone can advise where to take driving refresher courses in JB ?

Hard to get a good Forrester. The locals do not know how to repair the Boxster engine and if got problems, then die liao.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to get a good Forrester. The locals do not know how to repair the Boxster engine and if got problems, then die liao.

In my view, better to get a car that is well supported. Subaru don't have a strong presence in Malaysia, I believe.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, better to get a car that is well supported. Subaru don't have a strong presence in Malaysia, I believe.

Subaru is distributed by Tan Chong Motors. However, for 2nd hand car, it is better to get Toyota or Honda. Service centers are very important especially when you have a used car to maintain.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look out for suspicious characters esp. blind spots.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/trendvideos.in/videos/504638039709162/[/video]

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look out for suspicious characters esp. blind spots.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/trendvideos.in/videos/504638039709162/[/video]

Doesn't look like in Malaysia but nevertheless good to know this is possible.

1. Never leave cash, cameras, smart tags, bags in full view on the passenger seats. Always carry your back packs with you or locked in the boot.
2. Always have car alarms in addition to the OEM immobiliser. Not only it secure your car but it act as a panic button as well. Sometimes it is a good car locator when you forgot where you parked your car.
3. Do not turn off the convenience locking horn signal. Also if alarm is installed, any unclosed door will give off siren when alarm is armed.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking at buying an SUV. On paper, I am more inclined towards Hyundai Tucson which I hv viewed visiting the showroom, but yet to test drive. I have also viewed the Mazda CX-which has a feature that I like a lot, the tyre pressure monitor, in the show room. I have yet to view Honda and Kia. Any thoughts on which I should go for?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking at buying an SUV. On paper, I am more inclined towards Hyundai Tucson which I hv viewed visiting the showroom, but yet to test drive. I have also viewed the Mazda CX-which has a feature that I like a lot, the tyre pressure monitor, in the show room. I have yet to view Honda and Kia. Any thoughts on which I should go for?

My friend has the CX5, it's really good. Drives like a sedan with the presence of an SUV.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend has the CX5, it's really good. Drives like a sedan with the presence of an SUV.

Thanks EC. On paper, I like the features provided by Tucson over CX5. Door mirror automatically folding in, Android on board, instead of just proprietary navigation system etc.. etc. However, the tyre pressure monitor which I have so far seen only in CX5 is very useful if used with run-flat tyre, in my opinion. Will find a time to test drive the cars.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Popular SUV in town are CX5, Honda HRV, Santa Fe.
(But Honda HRV got 3- 4 months waiting time)

Thanks. I would prefer Tucson over Santa Fe as I think it may be slightly too big for my liking. I see any HRV on the road, not sure why. Got to find a time to look at and also test drive the car. Is Kia Sportage worth considering?