• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
After paper evaluation, I've shortlisted Tucson and CX-5 as my chosen SUV. On paper, the Tucson is up on features. It has an In-vehicle camera installed. Didn't hv time to test drive them in JB, I visited the SG showrooms instead. I started with Tucson and was quite pleased with its handling. I was however, more impressed when I next test drove the CX-5. Like ECBoy said, it is very smooth and drove like a salon. Next move is to test drive the MY cars in JB to confirm that the experiences should not be different before committing.

Skyactive

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like tat my next car in Msia better go Korean.
Hyundai & even Kia nowadays make good cars.
They are well specced and a Looker also aesthetically.

:biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like tat my next car in Msia better go Korean.
Hyundai & even Kia nowadays make good cars.
They are well specced and a Looker also aesthetically.

Believe it or not, years ago when I was driving to KL my wife and I spotted the Hyundai Starex. Straightaway I made that my dream car. It was huge! Yet in Singapore you can't buy this car as a private passenger car. Who would have thought that years later I fnally bought my dream car in JB. In a way JB made it possible for me to realise my wishes. Well, some may say the Starex is nothing to shout about. True, but for peasant like me, gao liao loh! And it drives pretty decent too. And whenever friends come over we tell them to leave their car behind and just take my car to zip about in comfort. :biggrin:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe it or not, years ago when I was driving to KL my wife and I spotted the Hyundai Starex. Straightaway I made that my dream car. It was huge! Yet in Singapore you can't buy this car as a private passenger car. Who would have thought that years later I fnally bought my dream car in JB. In a way JB made it possible for me to realise my wishes. Well, some may say the Starex is nothing to shout about. True, but for peasant like me, gao liao loh! And it drives pretty decent too. And whenever friends come over we tell them to leave their car behind and just take my car to zip about in comfort. :biggrin:

Yes… Starex is HUGE… overkill for my family of only 3.
But when guests pop by will be BAGUS.

Most prob will go the Resale route.
Save some Moolah.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes… Starex is HUGE… overkill for my family of only 3.
But when guests pop by will be BAGUS.

Most prob will go the Resale route.
Save some Moolah.

It's great for road trips with friends! And enjoy savings too as it is diesel.

Last edited:

BillMurrey

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 8 year old car is still in pretty good condition, so instead of scraping it, I was thinking whether I can deregister the car and export it to Malaysia for use, afterall the scrap value is only a few hundred dollars!
Anyone ever done this before?? Are the procedure complicated?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 8 year old car is still in pretty good condition, so instead of scraping it, I was thinking whether I can deregister the car and export it to Malaysia for use, afterall the scrap value is only a few hundred dollars!

You need a Approved Permit export cars to Malaysia and you need to pay excise duties. Not worth it.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cars here in Msia are much more affordable. Can save headache. Unless your car in sg is classic or antique or limited edition.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend wishes to spray paint his car and since this would probably take a few days, anyone got good and reliable lobang in JB? Preferably near JB town area or near Permas Jaya side. But any good recommendation elsewhere also can, but not KL. LOL!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend wishes to spray paint his car and since this would probably take a few days, anyone got good and reliable lobang in JB? Preferably near JB town area or near Permas Jaya side. But any good recommendation elsewhere also can, but not KL. LOL!!

Tanjung Malim can? :biggrin:

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking for a cheap but reliable used car for use around JB on weekend visits. Something low profile and easy to maintain.

Anyone looking to upgrade their existing car ? My budget is around RM10-15k, was looking at cars like Hyundai Matrix.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a car in SG. Don't wish to buy it also cos of the expensive COE.

But if I want to move around in Johor after crossing over to Tuas 2nd link, I suppose a car is essential. If I do buy a Malaysian registered car, where do I park it when I am at Johor customs?

I intend to do this maybe on weekends only. Is this feasible or are there other better ways?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a car in SG. Don't wish to buy it also cos of the expensive COE.

But if I want to move around in Johor after crossing over to Tuas 2nd link, I suppose a car is essential. If I do buy a Malaysian registered car, where do I park it when I am at Johor customs?

I intend to do this maybe on weekends only. Is this feasible or are there other better ways?

Why don't you rent a car? A basic Myvi is cheap.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you rent a car? A basic Myvi is cheap.

oh silly me. Why didn't i think of that! :P Are there car rental companies at the Johor checkpoint after Tuas?

Or maybe I can try taking cab? If it's easy to get. Cos it's mainly to get to the condo only. Or occasional shopping.