• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Apologies for the repost but it is important enough to restate this.

Public service announcement, i have said this for many years. No apps exists currently for an instant bike/car/truck/bus/cement mixer shield. Please take your life seriously. I know you have your latest ixxxxx device or the Sxxxxxx device, more power to you but many people however poor they are (much like myself) can still well afford phones so please take your very important conversations off the roads.

I observed that any people are right handed and hence using it with their phones glued to their right ear, they often cross and do not look at the right where in many countries the incoming vehicles are at. Again, i would like to state here, even if you were in the right, you were crossing on a zebra crossing/green man crossing, etc and that SURELY the driver will be held responsible/fined/sued/jailed. Who is going to answer to your family/relatives/friends if you end up injured or worse? The driver may still go home at the end of the day, but you will likely be going to either a hospital or a morgue. Who is going to be the one sorry then? You can argue all you want and win any arguments all the time but please don't argue with an incoming chunk of metal coming right at you. Your phone may be made of titanium but you are made of flesh and blood. Please, i have seen too much deaths/accidents for one life time. Please treasure your life.

I was at a red light crossing today, a young lady crossed the road by looking at the wrong side, she was so busy yakking that she was unaware that she was almost ran over by a truck as she was passing the front of my car. I honked (so surprised to see my horn still working), the truck stopped just in time and the uncle inside waved at me, the young lady did not know what happened and stared at me as i interrupted her conversation. So many times in the roads back in Sg i encounter this, as if no one wants to be responsible for their own safety. Its not just drivers who should not drive with phones, pedestrians as well as cyclists should also not use the phone especially at junctions and zebra crossings. I have emergency braked so many times when people ran out looking at the wrong way. One time, i had e-braked so hard that my wife became crossed at me but what could i do? Run the kid over? He was so frightened that he dropped his phone. His mother, also yakking on the phone arrived and pulled him to one side. I got honked at by the cars behind me as the light was still green.

https://www.facebook.com/697238900/v...3759917518901/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEech1lwLLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5L7jKniKXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWDsOlErDG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgOv4XRwbo

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Apologies for the repost but it is important enough to restate this.

Public service announcement, i have said this for many years. No apps exists currently for an instant bike/car/truck/bus/cement mixer shield. Please take your life seriously. I know you have your latest ixxxxx device or the Sxxxxxx device, more power to you but many people however poor they are (much like myself) can still well afford phones so please take your very important conversations off the roads.

I observed that any people are right handed and hence using it with their phones glued to their right ear, they often cross and do not look at the right where in many countries the incoming vehicles are at. Again, i would like to state here, even if you were in the right, you were crossing on a zebra crossing/green man crossing, etc and that SURELY the driver will be held responsible/fined/sued/jailed. Who is going to answer to your family/relatives/friends if you end up injured or worse? The driver may still go home at the end of the day, but you will likely be going to either a hospital or a morgue. Who is going to be the one sorry then? You can argue all you want and win any arguments all the time but please don't argue with an incoming chunk of metal coming right at you. Your phone may be made of titanium but you are made of flesh and blood. Please, i have seen too much deaths/accidents for one life time. Please treasure your life.

I was at a red light crossing today, a young lady crossed the road by looking at the wrong side, she was so busy yakking that she was unaware that she was almost ran over by a truck as she was passing the front of my car. I honked (so surprised to see my horn still working), the truck stopped just in time and the uncle inside waved at me, the young lady did not know what happened and stared at me as i interrupted her conversation. So many times in the roads back in Sg i encounter this, as if no one wants to be responsible for their own safety. Its not just drivers who should not drive with phones, pedestrians as well as cyclists should also not use the phone especially at junctions and zebra crossings. I have emergency braked so many times when people ran out looking at the wrong way. One time, i had e-braked so hard that my wife became crossed at me but what could i do? Run the kid over? He was so frightened that he dropped his phone. His mother, also yakking on the phone arrived and pulled him to one side. I got honked at by the cars behind me as the light was still green.

https://www.facebook.com/697238900/v...3759917518901/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEech1lwLLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5L7jKniKXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWDsOlErDG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgOv4XRwbo

Unfortunately my mum was a victim recently, she was in a bus back in SG and insisted on taking the bus.
A young lady was yakking on the phone and caused the bus to e-brake to avoid running over her. She
just dashed out to the middle of the road without even looking. My mum had injuries all over her as she
was standing (no one gave a seat to her) and she fell. Another lady fell too and my mum even assisted
her though she was injured herself.

Again, it is important to treasure ones life and spare a thought for others as well.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuji256,
Sorry to hear about your mum's case, hope she is recovering well. Although injuries may not look serious at this stage, best to go hospital for check-up/X-ray, and then followed up with TCM treatment to avoid body aches in future.
Too many ppl are too glued to their mobile phones today, ignoring their own safety and the safety of others.
My boss once said: The young generation is finished! Wonder what he meant by such a statement!
Anyway, we just do our small part: When on the roads, do not focus on the phone...

Unfortunately my mum was a victim recently, she was in a bus back in SG and insisted on taking the bus.
A young lady was yakking on the phone and caused the bus to e-brake to avoid running over her. She
just dashed out to the middle of the road without even looking. My mum had injuries all over her as she
was standing (no one gave a seat to her) and she fell. Another lady fell too and my mum even assisted
her though she was injured herself.

Again, it is important to treasure ones life and spare a thought for others as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuji256,
Sorry to hear about your mum's case, hope she is recovering well. Although injuries may not look serious at this stage, best to go hospital for check-up/X-ray, and then followed up with TCM treatment to avoid body aches in future.
Too many ppl are too glued to their mobile phones today, ignoring their own safety and the safety of others.
My boss once said: The young generation is finished! Wonder what he meant by such a statement!
Anyway, we just do our small part: When on the roads, do not focus on the phone...

Thanks a lot for your concern, very worried especially when i am undergoing tough times. Well it is life.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Msia learning fast - how to collect more money!
Msia Traffic Fines AXS.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
take care bro wuqi.... hope all is going to be well for you in this Monkey year.

Thank you, if it still doesn't then, i guess i would have done my best. I still regularly stopped to help others by the road but most of such offers are usually met with suspicion. One time i was at a parking lot and saw 2 Malay men and a lady trying to start their car. I said hi and offered to help, at first, they were very wary but instantly brightened when they saw i was just trying to help. They politely declined and went on my way.

Another time, an MPV with a lot of pinoy men and women were stuck with young children by the highway leading to perling, it was raining heavily and quite a few of them were standing outside with the children, my offers to help and to tow met with surprise and polite thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The most interesting time was when an Indian chap stopped his car in my path as i was going out for an early breakfast/supper (was working through the night) and blocked my path on the way towards the path after D'grande. To his surprise, i stopped instead of going through the grass patch and asked him what was wrong. He was a little drunk and had forgetten to top up his petrol. We took him in the car to petronas and he had money issues, in the end, my wife helped to pay for him as i was searching for plastic bottles for him at the station to fill petrol with. Passed him my card as he insisted on getting my contact. Told me after that his brother is a local policeman and said he was surprised a chinese will help him, he was half expecting us to drive off without him but we didn't though the petrol (no cap available on the bottle) smell was pretty bad after the ride back. I told him an Indian father and son helped me GREATLY with a spot of vehicle trouble once and i am just returning the favour, skin colour not withstanding. Just glad it went ok for him.

Another time, helped some of our guards pushed a car which ran out of petrol halfway up HH, it seems that a lot of cars get broken down or their drivers decided it was a safer place to ditch their cars there when the cars are having trouble.

One time though, was going out and saw 3 guards going back, was trying to give 3 guards a ride downhill in drizzling rain, one guy was terrified and refused to get onboard. Two of his friends were keen but decided to stick with him in the end and even refused my offer of an umbrella. When i was downhill, the light rain had became a storm. Nothing much i can do i guess.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot for your concern, very worried especially when i am undergoing tough times. Well it is life.

Hi Bro Wuqi.
Wishing you and your family well in this CNY.
Hope this Year of Monkey would bring you and your family good health especially your mom.
May the God of Fortune smile on you always on your tadika too.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most interesting time was when an Indian chap stopped his car in my path as i was going out for an early breakfast/supper (was working through the night) and blocked my path on the way towards the path after D'grande. To his surprise, i stopped instead of going through the grass patch and asked him what was wrong. He was a little drunk and had forgetten to top up his petrol. We took him in the car to petronas and he had money issues, in the end, my wife helped to pay for him as i was searching for plastic bottles for him at the station to fill petrol with. Passed him my card as he insisted on getting my contact. Told me after that his brother is a local policeman and said he was surprised a chinese will help him, he was half expecting us to drive off without him but we didn't though the petrol (no cap available on the bottle) smell was pretty bad after the ride back. I told him an Indian father and son helped me GREATLY with a spot of vehicle trouble once and i am just returning the favour, skin colour not withstanding. Just glad it went ok for him.

Another time, helped some of our guards pushed a car which ran out of petrol halfway up HH, it seems that a lot of cars get broken down or their drivers decided it was a safer place to ditch their cars there when the cars are having trouble.

One time though, was going out and saw 3 guards going back, was trying to give 3 guards a ride downhill in drizzling rain, one guy was terrified and refused to get onboard. Two of his friends were keen but decided to stick with him in the end and even refused my offer of an umbrella. When i was downhill, the light rain had became a storm. Nothing much i can do i guess.

You are a truly kind hearted person..... respect you, man.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest I am also quite wary of strangers offering help to me when I am in trouble perhaps we already quite stereotype our friendly neighbour citizens thinking the Malay or Indians are usually either thief or robber.

I also did experienced such good act before. 3rd day I moved in, was riding bike and my coolant hose broke draining all my coolant and I am at least 10km away. Didn't know about what to do so just switch on the electric to run the fan to cool the bike down while I push the bike around danga bay. Perhaps I switch on the electric for too long. My battery went dead. I was so sian and suddenly a group of young Malay riders surrounded me. I thought siao liao sure kenna rob. Surprisingly one of them asks me petrol kosong, I shake my head and replied battery. They immediately assigned two to step on my rear foot peg and tow me over the slope to let me jump start my bike. Really touch then and immediately on my 3rd day staying in johor, I fell in love with the compassion shown in this country. Never look back since

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, sometimes things get rough for us to test our character. Your kindness will sure reap good return even if not by yourself but by your loved ones. You have come so far. Perhaps we who enjoy your advices all these while without returning the favour can come together to do something for you if you really need us. I believe many here who moved into Malaysia gained so much from this forum. Do share with us even via pm, I for sure will like our forum friendship matured from virtual to reality.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest I am also quite wary of strangers offering help to me when I am in trouble perhaps we already quite stereotype our friendly neighbour citizens thinking the Malay or Indians are usually either thief or robber.

I also did experienced such good act before. 3rd day I moved in, was riding bike and my coolant hose broke draining all my coolant and I am at least 10km away. Didn't know about what to do so just switch on the electric to run the fan to cool the bike down while I push the bike around danga bay. Perhaps I switch on the electric for too long. My battery went dead. I was so sian and suddenly a group of young Malay riders surrounded me. I thought siao liao sure kenna rob. Surprisingly one of them asks me petrol kosong, I shake my head and replied battery. They immediately assigned two to step on my rear foot peg and tow me over the slope to let me jump start my bike. Really touch then and immediately on my 3rd day staying in johor, I fell in love with the compassion shown in this country. Never look back since

Bro, you leave your house at 4am in the morning riding bike over? Salute!

I tried initially to leave home at 5.30 am and even then already very early for me liao. The bike jams at Woodlands checkpoint very unpredictable because the Aetos officers suka suka chut pattern.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la that day is a Sunday. I pillion my brother in law to woodland custom because still havent buy car yet. I now take bus over to 2nd link at 5am usually reach my office at Clementi by 7am