• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the new contactless payment terminal with camera at each immigration booth. There wasn't any RFID scanner. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the RFID tag may not be implemented at all, which could explain the lack of information to VEP-registered S plate car owners on tag collection.

The main objective seems to be just to collect toll starting in July, much like the cash collection at SG side. This will allow JB government to increase or match SG toll increase easily in future.

RM $20 per entry x 5 days/week x 4 weeks = RM $400 or SGD $133 per month. This is rather painful for the blue collar workers who need to cross over to SG to work daily. Expect much lesser jam at the customs soon.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the new contactless payment terminal with camera at each immigration booth. There wasn't any RFID scanner. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the RFID tag may not be implemented at all, which could explain the lack of information to VEP-registered S plate car owners on tag collection.

The main objective seems to be just to collect toll starting in July, much like the cash collection at SG side. This will allow JB government to increase or match SG toll increase easily in future.

RM $20 per entry x 5 days/week x 4 weeks = RM $400 or SGD $133 per month. This is rather painful for the blue collar workers who need to cross over to SG to work daily. Expect much lesser jam at the customs soon.

One leg up for RTD now is that it now has a database of over 100k Singapore cars and their owners.

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is beyond my capability, don't even know where this rotor is..haha...
Deep in the condo should be quite safe right...or no?
I have a malaysian kawan who is presently staying in a condo at Stulang area has his car and motocycle stolen in the night. He only found out the next morning when he went to his parking lot!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a malaysian kawan who is presently staying in a condo at Stulang area has his car and motocycle stolen in the night. He only found out the next morning when he went to his parking lot!

If I am not wrong, Stulang is considered one of those unsafe areas. Perhaps the name Stulang also in some ways sounds like Stolen?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab announces new ride-sharing service between Singapore and Johor Baru

Cheap! Only RM9 per pax to City Square.

SINGAPORE - Commuters travelling between Singapore and Johor Baru can soon make use of a new cross-border ride-sharing service.

The GrabHitch Johor Baru-Singapore Inter-Country Service will be available from next Monday (June 20), Grab said in a media release on Monday (June 13).

"Passengers, who can pre-book rides between seven days and 30 minutes in advance, will be matched with drivers based on similar pick-up and drop-off locations.
A trip between City Square shopping centre in Johor Baru and Woodlands starts from RM9 (S$3) per person, and passengers can opt to pay either in cash or by credit card.
Fares are aimed at offsetting the driver's cost of petrol, and rides will be charged in the currency of the country from which the passenger starts his trip."

Source: ST
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ring-service-between-singapore-and-johor-baru

Just to share.

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sultan 'big sampan' parked beside the beach for 'centuries' but no one disturb? I nearly buy a banglo from there, but my wife said the place too big no good for Feng Shui! Haha.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raya offer for new Mercedes C200 Avantgarde RM 229,000 b4 gst from NZ Wheels. This is one of perks of being in Malaysia. :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raya offer for new Mercedes C200 Avantgarde RM 229,000 b4 gst from NZ Wheels. This is one of perks of being in Malaysia. :smile:

I met with a senior person in Daimler SEA 2 weeks ago in Singapore and he mentioned that 2016 - 2018 is going to be their year. They've been neglecting the younger users for years but now so many "affordable" models launched from their Stuttgart HQ.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend who drove a cab for 15 years suddenly decided to sell off his fully paid 5 room flat for RM 2 million.

Bought a small 2 bedroom condo for RM 400,000 and a new Infiniti Q50 after my recommendation last year for slightly above RM 200,000. The rest put as FD which is almost 5%. Every other weekday early morning he is crusing around JB safely. Don't understand why people say JB is so dangerous until anyone will be lobbed once they drive out. Its only the blur sotong Singaporeans that the lobbers want to loot.

Thanks to the Singapore govt for the headstart we Singaporeans enjoy!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely the RFID wont proceed as the administration don't have the know-how to implement it.

But what they know, all along though, is to sit down and collect money from Singapore cars. Nothing will change on 15th July. The only thing changed will be the additional coffers to the govt.

RM 20 per trip and judging by the current statistics, the Malaysian govt is expected to collect additional RM 360 million in ROAD CHARGE, which is pivotal in helping the average Malaysians pay off their healthcare. As you know, in Singapore its better to mati then to be sick with a heart or brain illness. The damage is S$100k and up sometimes. However my recent experiences with my Malaysian colleagues shocked me. They can stay in hospitals for 60 days.. had crucial brain operations etc and the cost? S$300. In Singapore I guess you need S$100,000 or go MBS Level 57 to find a spot to dive.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
One leg up for RTD now is that it now has a database of over 100k Singapore cars and their owners.

Upon closer inspection at the JB custom booth at 2nd link, I noticed that the RFID reader and camera capturing the carplate have been installed. The custom officer informed me that the tag collection booth at the check point has not been opened yet but it can be collected at the custom itself.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely the RFID wont proceed as the administration don't have the know-how to implement it.

But what they know, all along though, is to sit down and collect money from Singapore cars. Nothing will change on 15th July. The only thing changed will be the additional coffers to the govt.

RM 20 per trip and judging by the current statistics, the Malaysian govt is expected to collect additional RM 360 million in ROAD CHARGE, which is pivotal in helping the average Malaysians pay off their healthcare. As you know, in Singapore its better to mati then to be sick with a heart or brain illness. The damage is S$100k and up sometimes. However my recent experiences with my Malaysian colleagues shocked me. They can stay in hospitals for 60 days.. had crucial brain operations etc and the cost? S$300. In Singapore I guess you need S$100,000 or go MBS Level 57 to find a spot to dive.

It looks like the hardware is ready. Implementing in July could be a low possibility but it will be implemented. Then every S-plate car will be a $20 RM cash cow.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

True story. Stay for 60 days cost S$300. This is basically what I have gathered so far from their public hospital. Long waiting time for bed, for doctor assessment and for treatment. My wife's grandmother went through the turmoil once, imagine a 80+ years old lady starve for 2 days living on water only as she was scheduled for operation only to find out her operation was postponed 3 days later and no one informed us, only when the Singaporean in me kicks in and confronted the doctors when they are doing their rounds then the look on their face is pure classic. Like they are so shocked at the old lady is kept away from food intake for more than 48 hours.

However, who can really blame them as well, look at the number of low income family who sought for affordable medical treatment at public hospitals. You will understand the medical team is overwhelmed as well. That is why I still prefer to get my family or myself into private hospital if ever needed.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not received directions on where to collect the RFID tag and am wondering what will happen if I drive in without it?

I did not have problem without a rfid driving through Tuas last week. Neither have I heard of anyone had trouble for being without a rfid.