• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

J92bNp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Touch n go cards have a one year valid period. Meaning you must use it at leaSt once a year if not it will be invalid.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Touch n go cards have a one year valid period. Meaning you must use it at leaSt once a year if not it will be invalid.

Yes 1year validity, however they also deduct rm5 from time to time. Can claim refund from certain tolls in JB n KL main office. So not advisable to topup too much and leave the card lying unused.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just want to share my experience today. I was hit by an old Proton Saga and I am of the belief that I was purposely hit as I was alone, driving a Singapore plated car. I was turning at a junction with traffic light and I have done it at least ten of thousands of times and I am always a driver who feels that we should stick to our lane. The idiot is trying to scum my money.

When I called 999 for help, they send the mobile police team. Guess what? When the policemen arrive, so does the workshop guy who was informed by the policemen. Seeing I am driving a Singapore car, he proposed that I should send my car back to Singapore for repair. It was actually scratches on the rear of my car only and I can still drive it, no problem. The policemen asked me to go and make a case at the Gelang Patah police station and let the inspector decide who is right and who is wrong.

I then called some friends over to help. In the end, even though through no fault of mine (I am still adamant about it) I still have to settle RM100 to pay the idiot who knocked me and I still have to come up with money from my pocket to get the panel beater to fix my car. This is because my friend said this could be a syndicate and the guy who knocked my car, his Proton Saga had the registration expired, hence no insurance and no claim will be entertained. Furthermore, he may not be able to pay for my damage.

His car plate is JFF8303. Beware to those who are driving around.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have been darn frustrating.

Just want to share my experience today. I was hit by an old Proton Saga and I am of the belief that I was purposely hit as I was alone, driving a Singapore plated car. I was turning at a junction with traffic light and I have done it at least ten of thousands of times and I am always a driver who feels that we should stick to our lane. The idiot is trying to scum my money.

When I called 999 for help, they send the mobile police team. Guess what? When the policemen arrive, so does the workshop guy who was informed by the policemen. Seeing I am driving a Singapore car, he proposed that I should send my car back to Singapore for repair. It was actually scratches on the rear of my car only and I can still drive it, no problem. The policemen asked me to go and make a case at the Gelang Patah police station and let the inspector decide who is right and who is wrong.

I then called some friends over to help. In the end, even though through no fault of mine (I am still adamant about it) I still have to settle RM100 to pay the idiot who knocked me and I still have to come up with money from my pocket to get the panel beater to fix my car. This is because my friend said this could be a syndicate and the guy who knocked my car, his Proton Saga had the registration expired, hence no insurance and no claim will be entertained. Furthermore, he may not be able to pay for my damage.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Share photos to let us judge better.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huh he hit the back of your car and you got to pay him Rm100?! Shouldn't have paid him but go to the police station as what the mobile police suggested. The other guy driving a car with no insurance will be prosecuted. The guy should be more worried and pay you instead.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal

happened to me once too near the JB causeway custom. That indian chap acted rough asking for fight and insisting that i have to pay him. I insist to go to the police station and the officer was asking if i wanted to charge him. The damage wasn't too bad and i don't want to have future trouble so decided to let it go. I guest this is what the locals do, ask for money first. They thought S-plate is an ATM.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share photos to let us judge better.

What is there to judge . Driving without a valid insurance and road tax expire still dare to make police report huh ?
We should all buy expired Proton without paying insurance and road tax , then can anyhow cheong dont need to worry about accident , police also cannot sumon us , haha !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is there to judge . Driving without a valid insurance and road tax expire still dare to make police report huh ?
We should all buy expired Proton without paying insurance and road tax , then can anyhow cheong dont need to worry about accident , police also cannot sumon us , haha !

Haha that is so true. No need to judge; obviously want to eat you as what they say in Chinese.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Locals can try this stun and get away with it. Foreigners better not. The policy there is different...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question needing answer: Can a SG car be in Malaysia for more than 30 days?

Right now, unlike MY cars that need to pay weekday charges in Singapore, there isn't any entry record required for SG car entering so there is no time limit on it's stay.
However, just make sure the road tax is valid throughout this period.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question needing answer: Can a SG car be in Malaysia for more than 30 days?

Malaysian Gov't where got so Ngiow, Kiasee, Kiasoo one? Just visit the J.B. condo car parks---- got many SG cars park for 1 year---- Red Plate some more---nobody bother them. Malaysia got no time limit for Foreign Car.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Gov't where got so Ngiow, Kiasee, Kiasoo one? Just visit the J.B. condo car parks---- got many SG cars park for 1 year---- Red Plate some more---nobody bother them. Malaysia got no time limit for Foreign Car.

Ok thanks for reply!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right now, unlike MY cars that need to pay weekday charges in Singapore, there isn't any entry record required for SG car entering so there is no time limit on it's stay.
However, just make sure the road tax is valid throughout this period.

Thanks for replying!

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone considers, or is currently, driving a disel powered car? Does it makes sense to pay the higher road tax for such a car but able to pump cheaper disel in Malaysia (assuming it is cheaper)...

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone considers, or is currently, driving a disel powered car? Does it makes sense to pay the higher road tax for such a car but able to pump cheaper disel in Malaysia (assuming it is cheaper)...

20 litres max for foreign cars. And their diesel will do a lot of damage on your expensive Singer diesel car.