• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huat Ah! SPH you dare smear me?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not only smearing. This is outright bullying by the media who have a mighty backup behind.
No need to guess who is the backup.
The media knows they will unlikely to get sued, even if so they will get away with it. hohoho.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP badly needs to crank up its astro turf movement on the net.

They seem pretty much on the defensive ever since the Hougang fiasco and now seem like hugging the bottom of their trenches in an artillery barrage while lobbing a grenade blindly once in a while as a "spirited" defence.

As much I appreciate what they did when they kicked YSL out, they seem to be falling into the very trap netizens made for PAP in the lead up to GE2011 when they had vehemently professed the web to be out-of-bounds and irrelevant as a political arena.

I hope they do something courageous again to stop the 154th making pot shots and obviously trolling/baiting WP to do something out of line and then knock them off one by one.

Even I myself am starting to wonder, is WP really a viable alternative to PAP or were they just happy to ride the internet wave of discontent of GE2011 started by non-WP parties which is now losing steam?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Time to man up seriously.

They seem pretty much on the defensive ever since the Hougang fiasco and now seem like hugging the bottom of their trenches in an artillery barrage while lobbing a grenade blindly once in a while as a "spirited" defence.

As much I appreciate what they did when they kicked YSL out, they seem to be falling into the very trap netizens made for PAP in the lead up to GE2011 when they had vehemently professed the web to be out-of-bounds and irrelevant as a political arena.

I hope they do something courageous again to stop the 154th making pot shots and obviously trolling/baiting WP to do something out of line and then knock them off one by one.

Even I myself am starting to wonder, is WP really a viable alternative to PAP or were they just happy to ride the internet wave of discontent of GE2011 started by non-WP parties which is now losing steam?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

WP is like Yoda in the prequals, defending defending. SPH is Count Dooku, threatening weaken Obi and Anakin aggressively.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hope that fire in LTK's belly grows into a bonfire :p:p:p

WP and LTK have always been wary of the internet and weak in online engagement. QXD is right to say WP successfully rode the wave of discontentment, and now they are floundering. But the situation can be rectified if they take ownership of the problem and allow the younger, more tech savvy members to take the lead in overhauling their net engagement strategy.

LTK's strength has always been the chinese heartlands, the traditional coffeeshop and social gathering. He needs to step out of his comfort zone now and engage in other ways. English has always been weak point and he must not let that overcome him.

LTK also needs to focus on renewal, and place more emphasis on talent rather than mere obedience. This needs serious attention. Leadership needs to rethink the old ways of doing things.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the WP needs to take the battle to cyberspace where the MSM is still weak there. They have to become more on the offensive. Take a leaf from the SDP. Here the WP can also salvo in Chinese which I am sure they have the people for it. Put the PAP/SPH gang under siege while they are struggling with their image. Hit them when they are down even, becos in reverse, they wont bat an eyelid to do so.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP and LTK have always been wary of the internet and weak in online engagement. QXD is right to say WP successfully rode the wave of discontentment, and now they are floundering. But the situation can be rectified if they take ownership of the problem and allow the younger, more tech savvy members to take the lead in overhauling their net engagement strategy.

LTK's strength has always been the chinese heartlands, the traditional coffeeshop and social gathering. He needs to step out of his comfort zone now and engage in other ways. English has always been weak point and he must not let that overcome him.

LTK also needs to focus on renewal, and place more emphasis on talent rather than mere obedience. This needs serious attention. Leadership needs to rethink the old ways of doing things.

I envision that it's best to shift Sylvia into Low post but still keep Low as not a deputy but guider. Sylvia can then slowly learn to be Shadow Leader of the Opposition (provided WP doubles or triples the number of seats it holds in 2016)

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the WP needs to take the battle to cyberspace where the MSM is still weak there. They have to become more on the offensive. Take a leaf from the SDP. Here the WP can also salvo in Chinese which I am sure they have the people for it. Put the PAP/SPH gang under siege while they are struggling with their image. Hit them when they are down even, becos in reverse, they wont bat an eyelid to do so.

SDP is actually shit in the web since from the start people know its pandering to outside/Western views. TOC is the most successful.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP writers are articulate and coherent. I wasnt talking abt following their content. WP shld learn their style. TOC is craps. You might as well stick to ST, the Chua sisters and Sumiko.

SDP is actually shit in the web since from the start people know its pandering to outside/Western views. TOC is the most successful.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP writers are articulate and coherent. I wasnt talking abt following their content. WP shld learn their style. TOC is craps. You might as well stick to ST, the Chua sisters and Sumiko.

SDP articulate and coherent? They only know how to complain complain and talk about Aung San.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have always maintained that the SDP was the artillery barrage necessary to keep PAP distracted, while WP took the flank and gained ground.

If not for CSJ, LTK would have NEVER been noticed as the palatable, more moderate opposition alternative, for no other reason except that WP's strength was then in the older, Chinese-educated baby boomer generation and Teochew folk.

We maintain self-righteous indignation with SDP carrying out their liberal agenda, accusing them of pandering to westerners. Yet, the MSM bombards Singaporeans with subliminal advertising showing young, chic, happy Westerners living the high life in Singapore, articles lauding Westerners as proof of Singapore's cosmopolitan success, success stories highlighting interracial relationships with westerners, articles bashing locals while placing westerners on a pedestal and worst of all, a slap on the wrist for every serious offense a westerner commits.

A sad state of affairs on how much more shallow Singaporeans have become.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always maintained that the SDP was the artillery barrage necessary to keep PAP distracted, while WP took the flank and gained ground.

If not for CSJ, LTK would have NEVER been noticed as the palatable, more moderate opposition alternative, for no other reason except that WP's strength was then in the older, Chinese-educated baby boomer generation and Teochew folk.

We maintain self-righteous indignation with SDP carrying out their liberal agenda, accusing them of pandering to westerners. Yet, the MSM bombards Singaporeans with subliminal advertising showing young, chic, happy Westerners living the high life in Singapore, articles lauding Westerners as proof of Singapore's cosmopolitan success, success stories highlighting interracial relationships with westerners, articles bashing locals while placing westerners on a pedestal and worst of all, a slap on the wrist for every serious offense a westerner commits.

SDP is the artillery barrage? More like CSJ is Mussolini while Low is Montgomery. Low is certainly missing out head for Berlin (proper liberal democracy and play it agreessively) but Chee is like the Italian--strutting around, preaching how great Fascism is (democracy is) but contributing nothing and being a lousy military strategist.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CSJ and LTK are individuals doing what they think they do best and advanced towards the same objective, ergo, cutting down the PAP.

Monty and Mussolini shared no common objective, but rather belonged to opposing sides, therefore the only commonality to their actions was death and destruction.

Monty was Military man, Mussolini was a politician. Mussolini sought war as a means to his own selfish ends, Monty was that instrument that would bring about that end, of the opposing side.

SDP is the artillery barrage? More like CSJ is Mussolini while Low is Montgomery. Low is certainly missing out head for Berlin (proper liberal democracy and play it agreessively) but Chee is like the Italian--strutting around, preaching how great Fascism is (democracy is) but contributing nothing and being a lousy military strategist.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My prediction still stands. SDP will be the dark horse in GE 2016. I don't think anyone here believes me, and I can foresee a couple putting me on "ignore". But as another forummer likes to say, "we'll see".

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, I would tend to think that their votes will grow so long as VW keeps appealing to the younger intellectual class, while CSJ maintains his appeal with the english-educated "rebel-inside" older generation.

Perhaps in 2 elections or so, they would then be able to reap quality candidates amongst their membership. I have little doubt.

But I would suggest they keep a don't-ask-don't-tell stance and stay away from voicing their views in support of homosexuality, lest they raise the ire of conservative Singapore and the Religious Institutions.

My prediction still stands. SDP will be the dark horse in GE 2016. I don't think anyone here believes me, and I can foresee a couple putting me on "ignore". But as another forummer likes to say, "we'll see".

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ and LTK are individuals doing what they think they do best and advanced towards the same objective, ergo, cutting down the PAP.

Monty and Mussolini shared no common objective, but rather belonged to opposing sides, therefore the only commonality to their actions was death and destruction.

Monty was Military man, Mussolini was a politician. Mussolini sought war as a means to his own selfish ends, Monty was that instrument that would bring about that end, of the opposing side.

But both men still aimed to fight