• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP introduces "Soup Kitchens" for the poor islandwide

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would the PAP with its supposed claims of superior government and double digit GDP growth thru its proxy and symbiotic partner NTUC suddenly decide to operate 120 food stalls seeling "economic" food costing $1.99 for the needy and NS men. NTUC has declared that NTUC Foodfare is not for profit organisation - a charity.

I wondered why Viv B shortly after 2011 GE announced bringing back Hawker Centres. Now we know.

The PAP seldom admits a mistake. Unlike WP which had no qualms sacking its MP when the position was no longer tenable, the PAP will introduce countermeasures without ever alluding to their role in a crisis or a debacle.

All 120 "Soup Kichen" will be operational by 2015 in time for 2016 GE. Looks like Nomination Day bribes, pork barrel politics, threats, upgrading carrots have failed so the adage of a hungry man being an angry man should be addressed by voters going to the polls with a full stomach.

Lets me just say this - dignity, transparency and accountability goes much further than a full stomach. A listening ear, empathy for its own citizens born of this soil and continuous engagement is lot more constructive and builds strong emotion bonds than cheap meals.

Singaporeans want and need jobs, a sense of security over work tenure, self-respect and an opportunity to contribute to society and their country. No cheap meals.

Foreigners working in Singapore will be laughing at Singaporeans queuing up for these cheap meals. They get the job while Singaporeans get cheap meals. Its like the Caucasian lady who had the impression that they contribute significantly to Singapore so why are their kids made to do NS. Now they they think they are feeding Singaporeans or at least subsidising our food.

Don't be surprised if some stupid bitches thinking their are socially conscious want to volunteer at these soup kitchens.

Disgraceful!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his mostest infamous question: u wanna eat @ hawker centres, fudcot or restaurants? ...

he came 2 his conclusion ...

peasants shud operate mor hawker centres 2 fid demselves ...

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say Scroo,this is a good write up.At least in this thread we don't have to be at loggerheads.

Go ahead and pat yourself

But I felt obliged to add.Hawkers food ain't cheap anymore.The portion get increasingly smaller and smaller.Just like PAP ideas of increasing pay for bus drivers and security guards.They simply raised the hours....which actually tantamount to decrease in pay.

Even in McDonlads and other fast food.They realized ordinary folks cannot spend an average of $7 for lunch and they reduced that to $5....but the size and portion of the burger!;ahhhh,that's really telling.

So,I guess PAP realized that it had to feed people around $3 per meal.But the ingredients would be entirely disappointing.Not to mention the quality and taste.

Another bight spark of PAP that's doom to fail even before it begins.

Last edited:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its like the Caucasian lady who had the impression that they contribute significantly to Singapore so why are their kids made to do NS. Now they they think they are feeding Singaporeans or at least subsidising our food.

She was not "Caucasian" - she's a Pinoy "Let's hope I don't get into trouble with the immi authorities!" who married a white guy, adopted his surname and yahyah as AMTK....from "maid to ma'am" type.....:

https://www.facebook.com/cherie.ball?ref=ts

Last edited:

anttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is truly pathetic that a first world country with the most milliionaires has come to the realisation that it needs to subsidised food to feed its poor. Food is a basic necessity, and if a government needs to do this, it is telling of how well it has governed. How well it has managed economic growth to benefit its citizens. singapore is a small country, yet they have mismanaged badly.

this NTUC food gimmick is just a band aid solution, it does not address the bigger and longer term issues. But knowing singaporeans, this gimmick would be a hit and reinforce their support for the PAP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it is truly pathetic that a first world country with the most milliionaires has come to the realisation that it needs to subsidised food to feed its poor.

I fully agree that food should not be subsidised. I say return to the natural order of things and let the poor starve to death.

Allowing those who cannot feed themselves to perish may sound harsh and inhumane but that's actually what nature intended. One of the reasons why the planet is groaning under the weight of 7 billion humans is because the poor are kept alive by aid agencies in regions which are uninhabitable.

When are people going to learn that mother nature shouldn't be messed with.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This "Soup Kitchen" proves very "successful" in Potong Pasir and they are taking this idea to the national level.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said it before. People do not need subsidies and handouts and feel indebted to you. Simply give them a high salary, those in the lower bracket.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I said it before. People do not need subsidies and handouts and feel indebted to you. Simply give them a high salary, those in the lower bracket.

The underserving should not be paid salaries beyond their market worth.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

What is market worth? Market worth is relative. Tommy Koh is right. You have to differentiate between tradable and non-tradable goods and services.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these so called underserving one day decided to all boycott and stop work,
then you shall see how much will it affect the economy, and then assess how much they are worth in the market. lo.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the cockeral crows again....
everything also huntum......sure to win the adulation of anti-papee......lol.

anttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree that food should not be subsidised. I say return to the natural order of things and let the poor starve to death.

Allowing those who cannot feed themselves to perish may sound harsh and inhumane but that's actually what nature intended. One of the reasons why the planet is groaning under the weight of 7 billion humans is because the poor are kept alive by aid agencies in regions which are uninhabitable.

When are people going to learn that mother nature shouldn't be messed with.

you are the consummate contrarian. You took what i wrote and totally turned it inside out. some people are poor due to circumstances, let us not bash them. lets have a bit of compassion and i don't want to hear about how welfare has destroyed certain countries blah blah. :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you are the consummate contrarian. You took what i wrote and totally turned it inside out. some people are poor due to circumstances, let us not bash them. lets have a bit of compassion and i don't want to hear about how welfare has destroyed certain countries blah blah. :smile:

Circumstances affect of all us in one way or another. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree that food should not be subsidised.
hahaha....u twit, u are more kuku than i thought.
what makes u think that the food is subsidised???
there are plenty of hawkers selling food at around SGD2.oo....u mean the hawkers are subsidising the food....lol.
if u just blindly follow my idol, u will becum a real kuku in no time.

Last edited:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Circumstances affect of all us in one way or another. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

What goes around, comes around. Since you no longer in Singapore. What makes you think you are a great analyst ?

The more you open your mouth, the more you look moron or even clown.