• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Call to 'stand up against anti-foreigner tirades'

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balakrishnan urges Sinda youth leaders to 'keep Singapore open'

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_806218.html

Anti-foreigner sentiments expressed on the Internet are disappointing and youth leaders need to stand up against such tirades.

This was the view expressed by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, at a dialogue during the Sinda Youth Leaders Seminar on Friday.

'We need to keep Singapore open and I am very disappointed with the tone of anti-foreigner feelings that I was reading on Facebook,' he said.

'We should never forget how we got here and succeeded because we are an open society and took in talented people, and so we flourished. We need some of you to stand up for us and say this,' he urged.

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is anti foreignor ... vivian so stupid... we are anti the way PAP import the foreignor in singapore without having the infrastructure ready !

oppoibchief

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WE OPPO are not against foreigners. We are AGAINST the PAP for not doing a Good job in managing inflow of foreigners and the minimum basic infrastructure to be ready for such entry.

Its as simple as that.

PAP themselves whipped up the anti foreigner sentiment for their own benefit.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is anti-gay, anti-people who needs helps and still living in his own closet. How can such fellow even preach about "openness". Even if he opened his legs, nobody want to give him the smelly fuck because his ass is so full of shit.

anttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
this arrogant halfbreed should be thankful he did not lose the elections after trying to stir up anti-gay sentiments to score political points. he is simply one of the worst human beings and to think he is a doctor. i know criminals with more compassion than this fuck-up bastard. Voters in Holland-Bukit Timah, please help to send him packing in 2016.

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
this arrogant halfbreed should be thankful he did not lose the elections after trying to stir up anti-gay sentiments to score political points. he is simply one of the worst human beings and to think he is a doctor. i know criminals with more compassion than this fuck-up bastard. Voters in Holland-Bukit Timah, please help to send him packing in 2016.

this guy is a shameless guy who is very cunning... he has suck up to the PAP so to profit his career...sold his soul to PAP for money...

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Villian GumLanParKrishnan: you want 3 meals in a restaurant or food court? Sorry those are for foreigners. Sinkies you go and eat shit.

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just what I needed, thanks a lot.
hot.jpg

cold.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Balakrishnan urges Sinda youth leaders to 'keep Singapore open'

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_806218.html

Anti-foreigner sentiments expressed on the Internet are disappointing and youth leaders need to stand up against such tirades.

This was the view expressed by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, at a dialogue during the Sinda Youth Leaders Seminar on Friday.

'We need to keep Singapore open and I am very disappointed with the tone of anti-foreigner feelings that I was reading on Facebook,' he said.

'We should never forget how we got here and succeeded because we are an open society and took in talented people, and so we flourished. We need some of you to stand up for us and say this,' he urged.

A doctor, after looking at the patient for sick signs and symptoms and noticed some red spots which he didn't want to see, than make a loud sigh "it is very dissappointing and it can't be true" and thereafter he chose to ignore it saying the patient is supposed to be healthy. If PAP is suffering from such mentality, we need to change them or Singapore will face more sickness to come.

STOP LIVING IN DENIAL PAP!!!!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anti-foreigner sentiments expressed on the Internet are disappointing and youth leaders need to stand up against such tirades. This was the view expressed by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, at a dialogue during the Sinda Youth Leaders Seminar on Friday. 'We need to keep Singapore open and I am very disappointed with the tone of anti-foreigner feelings that I was reading on Facebook,' he said. 'We should never forget how we got here and succeeded because we are an open society and took in talented people, and so we flourished. We need some of you to stand up for us and say this,' he urged.

While I do not disagree that we should continue to attract world-class talents to Singapore to augment our small resource pool, what I find objectionable with VB's comments is that he seems to blame anti-foreigners sentiments squarely with Singaporeans, calling youths to speak up against such sentiments.

Perhaps the govt could reflect on how Singaporeans, who have always welcomed foreigners (since we're a migrant society to begin with), could now be so upset with foreigners in Singapore. Is it because the MRT is too crowded? School places taken up by foreign scholars (and locals feel deprived, rightly or wrongly)? Allow foreigners without proper skills to perform certain functions (e.g. PRC Chinese manning service counters and their oral English not good enough thus causing much frustrations)? Maybe not all the problems are attributable to the govt, but for VB to spin it like Singaporeans are such an exclusive bunch of egomaniacs is just unbelievable.

Singaporeans should not be whipping boys.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fuckin bastard this bloody half breed pariah Pappy Scum..

Rather than siding with his fellow countrymen, he is now urging this Sinkie Youths to defend these Foreign trash that have been robbing Sporeans of their jobs..

These stupid young fucks better be careful for they too will be replaced one day at their workplace by these Foreign trash that they are asked to defend by Sissy Vivian and the PAP....

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is an often cited reason for FTs. I think there are flaws with this argument.

The Brits certainly didnt think that we are talented. They wanted people to come here to do all the dirty and hard jobs which they didnt want to do in the first place themselves.

They imported Indians and threw coins into the forests so that they would cut them down for the Brits to open up tin mines.

They took in hordes of Southern Chinese refugees fleeing the Japanese invasion in China and the civil war between the KMT and CCP, the menfolk to work in the godowns at Boat Quay as coolies carrying rice, coal and rubber sheets, the produce from the spice trade and womenfolk to process the rubber from the rubber plantations.

The Brits did everything to enrich themselves. Was there a genuine desire to share that with the locals?

The PAP scavengers are the same, taking in FTs to boost the economy so they can earn fat bonuses and rip us off. Have they any alternative economic plans to revitalise Singapore and to create better paying jobs that Singaporeans are educated for? Was there a genuine desire except getting rich themselves?

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does VB has any idea what he is saying?
B4, we were a young nation, with no natural resources, left out of Malaya... I dun think alot of ppl thought Sg could haf become what it is today.
Credit goes to EACH AND EVERY SINGAPOREAN (and also whoever helped too) who contributed.. leaders, with no followers.. are just as good as "lunatics running around chasing the air"

The fact is.. now that SG has become "successful", FTs come.. and they probably couldn't gif a hoot as to how Sg got to wat it is now... all they want.. is probably our currency.. our jobs.

If they could make it in their own country.. why bother come here? History shows that ppl go to where the jobs are, where the money is... this is a fact.
If they aren't here for our jobs or money.. they're probably here to escape from watever it is in their own country.. nobody leaves their home "cos they wan to contribute to the betterment of another country's economy".. that's absurd, esp if the country is not in trouble..

Ppl then go to help another country.. or help ppl in another country.. is Sg in any wars? Any natural disaster or catastrophe? And these ppl usually volunteer themselves.. they rarely accept money or material returns for their work. Are the FTs that are here working for free?

Already I can see some problems cropping up.. like the foreign maid who told police that her restaurant supervisor "demanded sexual favours" so that she can keep her job. if it is true.. the sup will probably go to jail.. but if she is "lying", I fear it is only the BEGINNING of more "funny things" to come

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why be anti PAP or foreigners when both have helped our country become such a wonderful country? You ppl must be mad

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its more like you fellas are mad and jealous of PAP sir. We can tell sir. Its easier if you wee to admit it.

cheers