• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Vincentck

I have many malaysian relatives and spr colleaques. I listen to their unhappiness. I am sure you also aware of a lot of Singaporean unhappiness as well. There is a sam's forum on singapore politics.

We view the situation from different angle. I am sure you have a list of items which you view as unfair.
My SPR colleaques feel they are 2nd class citizen, I have a 40 yr single Singaporean who feel he is a 5th class citizen.

However since this is the Nusa Duta thread, if I look at the laws for RC/MC, it shows a difference between the 2 countries.
In Malaysia you need to be a citizen to be a RC member. In Singapore you need to be a owner to be a MC member.

Imagine if 60% of the condo unit is own by foreigners, then logicall speaking, the MC can all be non-Singaporeans if the 60% vote them in and you may be living in Singapore but in a foreign enclave.

I recall there was some talk of imposing a foreigner ratio but until now it is NATO, don't know what is so difficult to impose 10%, 20%, 30% or whatever? Such is the efficiency of our highly paid millionaire ministers, got to admire the Msia govt efficiency for putting all these checks in place.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems that Singaporeans and Malaysians face are quite distinctly unique to each other in my humble opinion.

Singapore is like a child who has achieved much and looking beyond the basic needs and hygiene factors. On the other hand, Malaysia has a corruption issue which can never be comprehended by the islanders who grew up without financial mismanagement but more of punishing taxes. As a Chinese and the dominant ethnic group, understanding racial discrimination will be a stretch even for one with good imagination. Likewise, the Singapore's growing tensions with PAP's policy of increased focus on foreign labour and expensive levies and taxes, will be new to Malaysians who are blessed with bountiful resources. Low cost of gas, water and foodstuff.

That said, the envy for each other's state creates a conundrum for social discussion.

Very often the Singaporean looks at the Malaysian and asks why can they be unhappy with certain policies that favour the locals. And the Malaysian is just as curious about the Republic's constant frustration with a government that brings world class infrastructure and administration to their door steps.

I don't agree that Singaporeans are looking at beyond the basic needs and hygiene factors, the way I see it, our complaints are really on the basic needs - jobs, housing, transport, healthcare, education - the complaints are not even about abolish the ISA, right to go on strike etc. Our complaints are so basic that actually all these are taken for granted by citizens in other countries as they don't even need to ask - considered a given that these are for citizens first/only - definitely no need to complain or kpkp about foreigners taking away these from citizens.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pity the residents in that condo, no one deserves to feel like living in India while in their own home land.

Heard from a friend who is staying in that condominium that the Singaporeans got fed up and now the MC are majority controlled by the nationality. I would not be surprised if some of the Resident Committees in HDB Estates face the same issues.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree that Singaporeans are looking at beyond the basic needs and hygiene factors, the way I see it, our complaints are really on the basic needs - jobs, housing, transport, healthcare, education - the complaints are not even about abolish the ISA, right to go on strike etc. Our complaints are so basic that actually all these are taken for granted by citizens in other countries as they don't even need to ask - considered a given that these are for citizens first/only - definitely no need to complain or kpkp about foreigners taking away these from citizens.

You may need to divide the pool in that some of the baby boomers are really not complaining about housing but healthcare. The younger generation would be more for changes in the housing policies but enjoying the changes to the F&B scene here. Some middle/senior management folks in the 35 to 45 year old segment may be concerned about education for the children rather than jobs.

So there's really different needs for different people.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Vincentck

I have many malaysian relatives and spr colleaques. I listen to their unhappiness. I am sure you also aware of a lot of Singaporean unhappiness as well. There is a sam's forum on singapore politics.

We view the situation from different angle. I am sure you have a list of items which you view as unfair.
My SPR colleaques feel they are 2nd class citizen, I have a 40 yr single Singaporean who feel he is a 5th class citizen.

However since this is the Nusa Duta thread, if I look at the laws for RC/MC, it shows a difference between the 2 countries.
In Malaysia you need to be a citizen to be a RC member. In Singapore you need to be a owner to be a MC member.

Imagine if 60% of the condo unit is own by foreigners, then logicall speaking, the MC can all be non-Singaporeans if the 60% vote them in and you may be living in Singapore but in a foreign enclave.

Hi alnine,

Forgive my earlier posting as I think I was too emotional. All these election-related postings on my Facebook really gets to my nerves; and it's all pointing to BN being a corrupt gov.

Regarding the ruling on the RC/MC, I do agree with you that all owners should have a chance to sit on the committee, regardless of citizenship.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from a friend who is staying in that condominium that the Singaporeans got fed up and now the MC are majority controlled by the nationality. I would not be surprised if some of the Resident Committees in HDB Estates face the same issues.

Your friend is so poor thing when home is supposed to be a sanctuary. Can share what antics they did that the Singaporeans got fed up?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friend is so poor thing when home is supposed to be a sanctuary. Can share what antics they did that the Singaporeans got fed up?

I understand that it is an upmarket condominium, easily worth more than $2 million for a 1000 sq feet unit.
First, they came in as minorities but their voices preceded them, I guess. The locals were probably frustrated and gave up their seats in the committee. This was welcomed as it only served to co-opt their own to join the team.

With the seizure of power in deciding on residents' welfare, they went on to be biased in the celebration of certain festivities. Also heard that the place was regularly flooded by friends who do not belong to the condos. Naturally, any residents complaints fell on death ears since they no longer have an avenue now.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand that it is an upmarket condominium, easily worth more than $2 million for a 1000 sq feet unit.
First, they came in as minorities but their voices preceded them, I guess. The locals were probably frustrated and gave up their seats in the committee. This was welcomed as it only served to co-opt their own to join the team.

With the seizure of power in deciding on residents' welfare, they went on to be biased in the celebration of certain festivities. Also heard that the place was regularly flooded by friends who do not belong to the condos. Naturally, any residents complaints fell on death ears since they no longer have an avenue now.

Very sad to read such happenings in SG, especially in comparison to MY. Don't know why the SG govt cannot protect the SG citizens against such nonsense. Unfortunately, most people in SG won't care about this as 80% staying in HDB are not affected, so private property owners are left to their own devices to tackle these problems without any protective law & regulation and without any support from the govt or other citizens.

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi alnine,

Forgive my earlier posting as I think I was too emotional. All these election-related postings on my Facebook really gets to my nerves; and it's all pointing to BN being a corrupt gov.

Regarding the ruling on the RC/MC, I do agree with you that all owners should have a chance to sit on the committee, regardless of citizenship.

No problem. Good luck to the ge13.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sad to read such happenings in SG, especially in comparison to MY. Don't know why the SG govt cannot protect the SG citizens against such nonsense. Unfortunately, most people in SG won't care about this as 80% staying in HDB are not affected, so private property owners are left to their own devices to tackle these problems without any protective law & regulation and without any support from the govt or other citizens.

Yes sad. Everything compete, open market. There some changes for the citizen but slow and not sure effective or not.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes sad. Everything compete, open market. There some changes for the citizen but slow and not sure effective or not.

But politicians go into GRCs, protected and getting elected on the coat tails of those who have already established their credibility (minimally).

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A well connected source told me that some owners of Cluster Semi-Ds in Duta 2 are asking for more than RM 900,000 now.

Did anyone of you managed to secure an offer or still staying put for now?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
A well connected source told me that some owners of Cluster Semi-Ds in Duta 2 are asking for more than RM 900,000 now.

Did anyone of you managed to secure an offer or still staying put for now?

I guess a lot of owners are looking at 1.2m , since new launch around the area are all 1.2 liao .

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess a lot of owners are looking at 1.2m , since new launch around the area are all 1.2 liao .

That day I went to Setia new office to look see, wow their latest cluster houses are opened for bookings with unconfirmed price of around Rm1.3m for 32'x70'..and the sales person told me Singaporean cannot buy as foreigner ratio already met..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
That day I went to Setia new office to look see, wow their latest cluster houses are opened for bookings with unconfirmed price of around Rm1.3m for 32'x70'..and the sales person told me Singaporean cannot buy as foreigner ratio already met..

Really ? I was there last month , they tell me 1.2M , one month 100K increase . Huat man !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really ? I was there last month , they tell me 1.2M , one month 100K increase . Huat man !

last month they told you 1.2m? i just went there few days ago, the salesperson told me around 1.3m leh but price not confirmed yet..wow Setia is really a good price leader!