• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Can Hougang BE be spring when WP lost votes?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of increasing votes, WP lost votes. Its more like PAP spring! ahahahahahahahhaha

And where's your logic and reason behind this statement of yours about spring? The genesis of the BE, the incidents that happened before and during the electioneering all had potential to affect WP adversely. WP's performance in the BE is almost identical to what LTK did in 2006, and that is a much better performance than what most people had speculated. We can of course debate till the cow comes home from the moon on why WP did better than expected, but for you to make this one-liner about increasing votes without any basis or context showed your utter stupidity.

Your statements are often off-topic and lack proper context, completely devoid of any analysis. But then again, you're a troll so I guess that's what you do. So don't lecture on reasons and logic when you never give any.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This loss of 2.7% is a breakthrough will lead to the start of an avalanche of votes flowing towards PAP in the coming elections.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This loss of 2.7% is a breakthrough will lead to the start of an avalanche of votes flowing towards PAP in the coming elections.

Yes! I agree with you wholeheartedly! PAP boh beh zao! If TCH come Hougang fight in 2016, PAP sure WIN!
Choo goes to Punggol GRC! WIN WIN situation. WP now should be very stress. I m worried for WP now.:(

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

If what ur display is an example of how the top in PAP has in mind, I think i would rather migrate out of this place and avoid posible decay in life.

2.7% is a breathrough? and is there even a victory? of 145 more votes?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of increasing votes, WP lost votes. Its more like PAP spring! ahahahahahahahhaha

Dear Kinana, I'll try my best to be civil to you and not to resort to posting pic of your favourite cucumber in my reply to your post..

The final results of the 2011 GE saw a 6.46% swing against the PAP from the 2006 elections to 60.14%,its lowest since Independence.

Compare that 2.7% votes lost by the WP in Hougang to the 6.46% votes lost by the PAP nationwide , who'll be having more sleepless nights? Lee Hsien Loong or Low Thia Kiang?

anttan

Alfrescian
Loyal

to help you daft and blind PAP supporters to put things in perspective, I am attaching the below for your education. Read it entirely so that you will not be devastated in 2016.
==========================================================================

On paper, Desmond Choo should have walked away with Hougang quite comfortably. There were so many things going for him. The PM, DPM and the whole PAP machinery were speaking and rooting for him. The whole war chest of the govt was in his pocket, so to speak, to spruce up the Singapore slum in Hougang, a neglected constituency left to its own fancy and limited resources.

Who can resist the kind of goodies that Desmond is rolling out, or going to roll out for them?

The main media’s courage alone would have won the election for him too. This was not in the case of Png Eng Huat, who was accused of dishonesty and lack of integrity, two factors that would have thrown him out if he were to seek employment or wanted to go into business with anyone. He was written off like a leper.

And what could Png Eng Huat offer except for more of the same? And Desmond Choo warned the Hougangkia that that was what they would get for the next 4 years if they did not elect him.

And the controversies of WP having internal quarrels, party members resigning, Poh Lee Guan collecting his donation slip and could have gone on to challenge Png in a three corner fight.
Then the leak of CEC minutes being aired everywhere. This is not just to discredit Png, but also to tell the voters that WP could be infiltrated by moles, a hopeless party that could not guard even against traitors within their ranks. The worst was being accused of being a racist party. That could have been very costly.

All said, with the cards stacked against Png Eng Huat, what was left was the loyalty to Low Thia Kiang and the WP, and the hearts of the Hougangkia.
Would they buy the goodies offered and change course? Would they forget the 20 years of neglect, penalties for voting the WP, and threats of more of the same?

There is also a bigger agenda at stake, where is Singapore heading? Are the voters happy with the govt, the direction it is taking, the policies and the interests of the people?
And, are they confident that this govt will be there to serve them and bring about a better life for everyone? The big picture was also in play.

The Hougangkia voted against immediate short term gains. They rejected all the offers and promises. They voted for change, and for having to bear with the consequences that they have lived with for 21 years. There is some chivalry left, a sense of justice and fair play, a sense of righteousness, a hope that things can be better with a change in govt in an uncertain future.

The other opposition parties also played their parts by not throwing in a spanner in a three corner fight. It makes the choice of the Hougangkia much straight forward. The victory is the victory of the Hougangkia and those who wanted a regime change. They wanted change, but change in their own terms, not something to be bargained for. They wanted to chart their own course and the course of the country, a new course, not this one.

Desmond Choo gained 3%. In absolute terms, the gain was 124 votes more than his last election. For all the efforts and distractions, this is too insignificant to call a meaningful gain. The PAP has failed in a big way with this kind of result. It is painting on the wall.

2016 is going to see a dramatic change in political fortunes. It will be an election to count the number of GRCs falling, and the ministers that go with them. I have not been so sure about this trend of thought until this by election.

This by election is part of a bigger scheme of things to come. It is a test bed on the emotions of the people with Hougang as a small sample. Some may dismiss Hougang as too small, isolated and does not represent the whole of the island. It may be, but it still represents a big shift in the political mindset and aspiration of the common people. Look at the crowd at the informal WP kopitiam HQ and those in the PAP HQ. The difference is stark. It is the people versus the droids. It is the tide of a spontaneous people uprising against a regime gone bad and its machine. And Hougang is a confirmation that things will not be the same again. It is not going to be a status quo in the next 4 years running up to the GE in 2016.

The only minister that may be quietly smiling could be Tharman. Hsien Loong and Chee Hean are looking very likely to lose their GRCs. As things are today, not many ministers will be around after the next GE. Tharman could be the next PM in a drastically shrunk govt with a small majority in Parliament. Hougang is going to set the ball rolling.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It certainly helps everybody if the PAP leadership really thought that way and continue to think that way.
There are more than one season in a year. Try a PAP autumn.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anttan said:
to help you daft and blind PAP supporters to put things in perspective, I am attaching the below for your education. Read it entirely so that you will not be devastated in 2016.
==========================================================================

Wah. This read like Transformer taking the full barrage of heavy artillery and momentarily stopped in its track but, no real problem, continuing unimpeded. Well done WP. Watch this Youtube:

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=..._uri=/watch?v=dJzOSao9iYM&v=dJzOSao9iYM&gl=SG

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
PAP has how many seats and WP how many seats? Who got A Q mentality bro? ahahahhahahahha.......................

You, of course. Treating a big loss as a win. Even the PAPIBChief has repented.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If what ur display is an example of how the top in PAP has in mind, I think i would rather migrate out of this place and avoid posible decay in life.

2.7% is a breathrough? and is there even a victory? of 145 more votes?

The top in PAP are not so dumb, only their low life agents and grassroots helpers will believe this crap.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The top in PAP are not so dumb, only their low life agents and grassroots helpers will believe this crap.

I don't believe this Kinana even qualify as PAP low life agents / grassroot helper.
He sounds like someone who begs at Desmond Choo doorstep to be a volunteer but ignored. This is a nut case, getting very close to IMH... what kind of people start one liner thread all over the place ending with "ahahahahahaha".

Kinana the lowest scum of scums... the lowest life form... probably single cell organism ==> blady AMOEBA it is

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ahahahahahahahhaha

Honey,
Why are you screaming so loud?
Is there someone here longer...er..err..oops..I mean better than me?
So you like PAP's spring and you don't like WP Singh?
I tell you what...we file for temporary separation
Cos I hate making love with you in my car
Now I even received complaint from a friend in Thighland
That my car interior stank from the squirts of your pussy
After several recommendations by forummers here
It is imperative you stock some Lactis for cleaning your vulva
Since 猪 is helping out, he will be delivering one dozen to you soon
Beware of this guy, he's been crying too much and still very emotional about helping out
Check the content once it is delivered, make sure it is Lactis and not lettuce

Goodnite

Last edited: