• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Post BE poll] Are we already for a 2 Party System?

what is your take on the future of Opposition?

• I rather vote PAP than vote Wayang Party

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given WP stellar showing in the BE, are we ready for 2 Party System?

should opposition supporters and resources continue to be wasted on ikan bilis party like SDP, RP, SDA, SPP, NSP, Socialit Front ,TJS ANti WP coalition?

or do you still believe in diversity of choices, diluting resources and wasting votes on the likes of which are unelectable like Ng Tack Siong just so that we have more dicersity as GMS and Nicole bitch champion...

take your pick!!!

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't say that a two party system is not the only way to check PAP, although that is what I voted for.
Unfortunately the other opposition parties at the moment are simply lacking in quality - so until another opposition party can show otherwise by making some substantial improvements, a two party system is at the moment the most viable way of checking the PAP.

If there is an option "2 party system only because the other opposition parties cannot make it" that would be what I would vote for

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2 Party System concept has already been proven to be a failure in Singapore. When SDP screwed up in the 90s, there were no replacement and the opposition only managed to hold on to 2 single seats for 2 long decades with nothing more to show.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would consider the line between a dominant party system and two-party system to be somewhere where the WP starts threatening to break the 33% barrier.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would consider the line between a dominant party system and two-party system to be somewhere where the WP starts threatening to break the 33% barrier.

Even WP with one-thirdth of the seats, PAP garment still control almost everything in Sinkieland.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
We do not have a 2-party system. In such a system, there are checks and balances.

Taiwan has a 2-party system which evolved swiftly from a semi-dictatorship since the late 80s. And it happened during the non-internet age. No social media, no online dissent.

When will we have that impetus for change? :wink:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't say that a two party system is not the only way to check PAP, although that is what I voted for.
Unfortunately the other opposition parties at the moment are simply lacking in quality - so until another opposition party can show otherwise by making some substantial improvements, a two party system is at the moment the most viable way of checking the PAP.

If there is an option "2 party system only because the other opposition parties cannot make it" that would be what I would vote for

Hi wwabbit

This poll is not what is about what you wish is the situation now
… but what you think given the situation now

The 2 Party System concept has already been proven to be a failure in Singapore. When SDP screwed up in the 90s, there were no replacement and the opposition only managed to hold on to 2 single seats for 2 long decades with nothing more to show.

Hi Jixiaolan. This poll is not bout the past… as in the heading I am asking for opinions form post BE

We don't have a 2-party system now, and we didn't have a 2-party system back in the 90s.
Hi wwabbit
Not asking for we have or dun have but whether we are ready for it..?