• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of estabLishments with HaLaL accreditations ?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As Like ReaLLY HALAL ?; if a kitchen is stuffed with Non-HaLaL stuffs doing the food preparations,
then who's going to know or check what's done in accordance with the HaLaL way ?
Or couLd the route to it's certification just a path to cater to a wider customer base ?..:confused:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to frequent a restaurant serving good bbq seafood and very very nice alcoholic cocktails. Then it decided to go halal. :(

Yes business got better I notice. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Halal eateries have to display the certificate.

And the MUIS people will do inspections.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I used to frequent a restaurant serving good bbq seafood and very very nice alcoholic cocktails. Then it decided to go halal. :(

Yes business got better I notice. :wink:
Somehow i aLways try to avoid the so-caLLed HaLaL caterers, when ordering food for functions ; cos i worry i may
missed the 'pork' factor on certain foodstuffs ..:wink:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow i aLways try to avoid the so-caLLed HaLaL caterers, when ordering food for functions ; cos i worry i may

It's strictly a biz decision. Try telling Macs to go non-halal.... :smile:

jw5

Loyal
This is one of Ramseth's favourite topic.
Hope he will come back and discuss it. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Darn right here. I can't stand those places where siew mai is chicken. Char siew is chicken. And char Kwey teow cooked without pork lard.

Cheers!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Darn right here. I can't stand those places where siew mai is chicken. Char siew is chicken. And char Kwey teow cooked without pork lard.

Cheers!
Do you know why ? , cos the price of of chicken vs pork is Like 30/70 ; hence the wants' of these profiteers to use
chicken meat instead of pork ! ! :eek:
You may wish to recaLL the time of SARs, when no pork was served for a Long whiLe; and eventuaLLy many outLets
chose to skip pork for that same Lame excuse..:cool:

jw5

Loyal

Cheers!

There is a franchise of halal coffee shop stall which sells wanton mee with chicken char siew, minced chicken noodles, laksa with chicken, etc
The noodles are very good, especially the chilli.

Don't see what the problem with halal establishments is.
It's not as if they are making the wonton mee with pork char siew extinct and replacing all of them with halal stalls.
All the chinese restautants selling dim sum or pork dishes or food stalls selling char siew or bak kut teh etc all remain.

For the halal establishments, they get more customers from the muslims and the non muslims can also eat if they want.
Everybody benefits.