• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uh, DPM Teo, the number of PAP seats in parliament not reflective of our sentiments

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DPM Teo Chee Hean: "Hougang By-election results not reflective of Singaporeans' sentiment towards the PAP."

Dear DPM Teo, the number of seats that the ruling party has is not reflective of Singaporeans' sentiment towards the PAP.

We should also thank the Hougang By-election for revealing that the Rotary Club is as non-partisan as the People's Association. So how? Now that Png is the elected MP of Hougang, will the Rotary Club still be donating their $100,000 toilet money?

- http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2012/05/dpm-teo-on-the-hougang-by-election-results.html

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Uh, DPM Teo, the number of PAP seats in parliament not reflective of our sentimen

Will he suggest legal action against Brown?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uh, DPM Teo, the number of PAP seats in parliament not reflective of our sentimen

Dear Baron Teo Chee Bai,

If you have the balls/lumpar/conjones/chutzpah, scrap the first-past-the-post system and implement the proportional representation system for GE2016.

Of course you wouldn't dare. You loud-mouth chickenshit.

PAP lost Hougang... again. Deal with it. Now kindly STFU and run along.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Baron Teo Chee Bai,

If you have the balls/lumpar/conjones/chutzpah, scrap the first-past-the-post system and implement the proportional representation system for GE2016.

Of course you wouldn't dare. You loud-mouth chickenshit.

PAP lost Hougang... again. Deal with it. Now kindly STFU and run along.

Sorry I dont believe in proportional Rep. Singapore should just be single constituencies. See whether Teo has theguts to contest in one.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry I dont believe in proportional Rep. Singapore should just be single constituencies. See whether Teo has theguts to contest in one.

Alot of Hougang residents told me that had it been Teo Chee Hean who stood in this BE, he would have gotten even less votes than Desmond Choo. I just had lunch with an ex-Singaporean (migrated to Canada in the 90s) who came back for a visit. His ang-moh wife who had never been to S'pore before remarked that Teo Chee Hean looked very evil when she saw him on TV. She said his body language belied the fact that while he tried to appear composed, he's boiling inside because of the huge loss. She added that Teo is a very devious person.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

heheh...
me would dearly love to see all GRCs revert back to SMCs. this in itself can also result in proportional representation in the Parliament :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

A 60% mandate by the people is clearly not reflective of the number of seats they took in parliament.
Anyone who agree with me please upped my point.
Thank You.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alot of Hougang residents told me that had it been Teo Chee Hean who stood in this BE, he would have gotten even less votes than Desmond Choo. I just had lunch with an ex-Singaporean (migrated to Canada in the 90s) who came back for a visit. His ang-moh wife who had never been to S'pore before remarked that Teo Chee Hean looked very evil when she saw him on TV. She said his body language belied the fact that while he tried to appear composed, he's boiling inside because of the huge loss. She added that Teo is a very devious person.

Even before Teo enter politics he was already devious.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GRC or SMC. in first past the post system, the legislature will not reflect the true will of peoples votes. even if we have all single seats, PAP with 60% popular vote will still win 90% parliament.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

heheh...
me would dearly love to see all GRCs revert back to SMCs. this in itself can also result in proportional representation in the Parliament :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

True, but what would the esteemed GMS have to say about that

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

GRC or SMC. in first past the post system, the legislature will not reflect the true will of peoples votes. even if we have all single seats, PAP with 60% popular vote will still win 90% parliament.

Prop Rep works only in certain countries. Even the UK voted no to having other voting systems.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Prop Rep works only in certain countries. Even the UK voted no to having other voting systems.

what do you think of supplementary member system?

the British are funny. they went for the hardcore version of FPTP - Alternative Vote. that is not PR. no surprise it was rejected.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

DPM Teo Chee Hean: "Hougang By-election results not reflective of Singaporeans' sentiment towards the PAP."

reactions to the statement varies

tom-cruisecomedy.jpg

brad-pitt.png

images

art-obama-laughing-420x0.jpg

hishamuddin-tun-hussein.jpg

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very perceptive and analytical! How true! :smile:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the eyeballs in Sammyboy is too low. Can somone help to repost the above in either yahoo, CNA or TRE for wider coverage.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

what do you think of supplementary member system?

the British are funny. they went for the hardcore version of FPTP - Alternative Vote. that is not PR. no surprise it was rejected.

I like your posts. You make my job of destroying Sinkie arguments and educating them much easier. :wink: I was gonna whack this idiot when he mentioned the supposed British rejection of PR. :rolleyes: