• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What made Hougang, Potong Pasir and Anson what they are?

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can old birds here help me with this?

Why did opposition gain foothold in Hougang, Potong Pasir and previously Anson?

What was the driving force behind the vote for opposition that made them different from the rest?

Sorry I am quite blur as I wasn't even in kindergarten when Workers Party won Hougang.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hougang, Potong pasir and Anson residents like to climb stairs.

Hougang people, in particular, hate abalone porridge.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hougang, Potong pasir and Anson residents like to climb stairs.

Hougang people, in particular, hate abalone porridge.

u salah liao. PP then got abalone porridge.

hougang only kaya toast with kopi in morning given out at the RC in ave 3. cannot remember the block number but the one nearest to the overhead bridge. limpeh took many times as it on my way to amk in the morning. Then i hear PP had abalone, so i beri toolan vote in protest against different in treatment. why PP get abalone and Hougang only get kaya toast....:oIo:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i never ask for it but u stuff onto my hand everytime i walk past. thank you for your roti but LTK gave me a voice in parliment which is priceless compare to your lousy kaya roti.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what make hougang so special!!!

[video=youtube;lDqkvrbNF5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDqkvrbNF5E&feature=related[/video]

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now BE over, still got give out free porridge or not?

shd have lah, just a couple thousand a month. who know, it could be the temple management footing the bill and not the PA/RC budget.

temple management also poor thing. if not for the land lease extension.......... rumor that SLA not extending the lease a few years back, the management went tolong LTK and EL. what can LTK do right, so shd be EL help they manage to extend the lease. Was it a long term lease or the rolling lease, i dunno.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anson - JBJ won because got discontentment over housing issues there.
Potong Pasir - CST won because emperor Lee ridiculed him for his O level results.
Bukit Gombak - LHD won because of Dr Seet fishmonger handshake.
Nee Soon Central - NCC won partly by luck (168 votes) and by-election effect (CST brainchild)
Hougang - LTK won because of his speaking teochew masterstroke.
Aljunied GRC - emperor lee repent remarks sealed the deal

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can old birds here help me with this?

Why did opposition gain foothold in Hougang, Potong Pasir and previously Anson?

What was the driving force behind the vote for opposition that made them different from the rest?

Sorry I am quite blur as I wasn't even in kindergarten when Workers Party won Hougang.

Potong Pasir - CST won because emperor Lee ridiculed him for his O level results.
Nee Soon Central - NCC won partly by luck (168 votes) and by-election effect (CST brainchild)

Ok Plump Gal, Narong already given you a good history lesson on the past Oppo wins in these wards..

Remember to Vote for the Oppo in 2016.. Tell your family and friends too..

jw5

Loyal
It's illogical to assume that the people in Anson, PP and Hougang are smarter and more discerning than the rest of SG.
It's also illogical to assume that they are less smart and less discerning.

The fact is that from first hand experience, they realised that SG can go on and do even better without pap.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

So how did PP choose PAP last year

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anson is LKY's 胸口永远的痛。
He choose its MP, Devan Nair to be the President.
Then loses Anson in the ensuing by-election due to impending resettlement of residents at Blair Plain for PSA's container port (I think).
In comes SG's most combative oppo MP who had given old man quite a bit of headache.
For the first time in our post independent history, we have an oppo in parliament.
To top it all off, DN was removed for squeezing Mrs Sabah CM's kar chng.... hahahaha....