• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah say opp is not organised enough..not interested to take down PAP majority

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
576747_222333844550305_100003210741553_391926_865413143_n.jpg

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nicole Seah say opp is not organised enough..not interested to take down PAP majo

What did Tan Jee Say says?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nicole Seah say opp is not organised enough..not interested to take down PAP majo

Agree with NS regarding multiplicity of perspectives. Not only is diversity of opinions impt for growth and development, the artificialilty of a united opposition is simply impractical. Any opposition alliance so formed will probably end up fragmented and then disintegrate due to too much in-fighting. The laws of nature mean along the way of political development, one or two stronger opposition parties will emerge while the smaller ones die a slow but natural death. This is inevitable as we're a small country with limited resources and political talents to tap on.

Not sure what NS means by a more organised opposition. Sounds like different opposition parties coming together and working out a strategy to take on the PAP, especially during elections (and perhaps beyond). That can't be wrong if you've a common enemy.

But I see the biggest problem with opposition not too dissimilar from the PAP - the sustained ability to attract talented and dedicated individuals who are prepared to serve the nation. This BE (and the sideshows) clearly demonstrated this point.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I agree with Nicole Seah.

That lass makes a lot of sense.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with Nicole Seah.

That lass makes a lot of sense.

NSP is like a huge albatross around her neck... with all those Moles around her ... how can she win.?

she can either continue to be idealistic and stick with NSP and continue on the fringe of political wilderness as a loser or

she can swallow her pride and join WP as an ordinary member, work her ass off and stand as their candidate and win...

until she swallow her pride and put Singapore 1st by winning, I will spit at her everytime I see her....

fact is WP may not even want her... a loose cannon, and a huge liability

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

As long as there are multi parties, there will never be unity one way or another. What is the point of all being clones of each other?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
As long as there are multi parties, there will never be unity one way or another. What is the point of all being clones of each other?

You totally missed her point. Having multi parties promotes diversity. You need to be clones to each other in order to unite.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Extremely mature viewpoint for her age.
For a start, we need to address the likes of Goh Meng Seng, Nice-Gook, etc.
The discontent among the "less accomplished" opposition seems to be brewing since the last election... this group could stir shit and cause more damage than PAP.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually a loose alliance among opposition is highly possible. Even the extremist PAS, Keadilan and DAP could form a loose alliance in Malaysia.
But this also means they have to agree on who takes which piece of cake. NSP and SDP might have to accomodate by accepting few pieces of cakes.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I feel sorry for you guys, to think that you can believe her after seeing how she could cry during a walkabout and then hold her tear and cried again even louder at the rally stage later during that day. Not to forget the consistent effort of her boyfriend throwing m&d and taking potshot at opposition parties. This is not the little nonya we can trust.

Extremely mature viewpoint for her age.
For a start, we need to address the likes of Goh Meng Seng, Nice-Gook, etc.
The discontent among the "less accomplished" opposition seems to be brewing since the last election... this group could stir shit and cause more damage than PAP.

PMPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I feel sorry for you guys, to think that you can believe her after seeing how she could cry during a walkabout and then hold her tear and cried again even louder at the rally stage later during that day. Not to forget the consistent effort of her boyfriend throwing m&d and taking potshot at opposition parties. This is not the little nonya we can trust.

Every time I see your post I don't agree, this one I 100% agree! :biggrin:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

you mean you trust politicians? pap, wp, nsp, all not to be trusted.

jw5

Loyal

I think if TJS forms a new party, she will join him.
And u might be able to see them eating nasi padang next time if you walk pass macdonald house. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

I think if TJS forms a new party, she will join him.

me saw NS eating dinner with her mum and the delmonte at Siglap kopitiam just the other night :smile::smile::smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing to do with her crying, please focus on what is said and not personality attack... the BF is a liability, hope he gets dumped soon.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree!!! Opposition goal is to change Singapore.Not to overthrow PAP.But since PAP is getting more and more not user friendly, think the only way is to support opposition and then change Singapore and too will change the PAP system.Instead of letting in so many yaya papa ya elite into the government, better let in those who care for the citizens, care for the freedom of speech without getting hammer by the ISD and really care for the good of Singapore into parliament.Not easy task!!!

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cheowyonglee said:
Agree!!! Opposition goal is to change Singapore.Not to overthrow PAP.But since PAP is getting more and more not user friendly, think the only way is to support opposition and then change Singapore and too will change the PAP system.
If you don't push OB markers, to use a oft-used PAP expression, how can you change the political system? It is necessary to push the voters' split towards 50:50 to break the 2/3 majority, and even below that where a coalition government is necessary.

NS did not know what she said when she was against proportional representation. It is through proportional representation that parliamentary representation follows popular voting, where proportional voice can be heard. Also 2/3 majority can more easily be broken. On the reverse if a majority party gets into a minority position, its drop in seats will be less severe and it probably will have a larger choice of coalition partners.

Last edited:

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal

NS was formerly from RP but from what i gather, she was disgusted by lack of coordination and leadership of KJ then she together with Jeanette Chong switched to NSP..at that time GMS political analist poached them and she seem to be impressed by GMS..
NS is a typical reformer who thinks that all oppo parties should unite to fight PAP, but look across causeway and u will see it is failing miserably...what I propose is that non functioning oppo parties should close shop..i mean do we even hear from PKMS, SJP or slipper man DPP?? the NSP had gained credibility in early 2000s but failed to pick up ENOUGH momentum in past GEs...
why?? IMHO, GMS was intent on making NSP a WP/SDP/PAP hybrid but his main purpose was to turn it into an alternative for WP/SDP for hardcore oppo supporters..he tried to emulate WP by getting Jeanette Chong a lawyer just like Sylvia and Nicole was suppose to be NSP's Glenda..then recruited former Govt scholars like what SDP was doing read Tony Tan and Hazel Phoa and last but not least create a Malay Affairs Branch which IMO was not necessary in this day and age as any clever SG politician (PAP or Opp) will tell u the minorities of this age are PAP supporters as they have been the beneficiaries of many PAP freebies...am sorry I do not mean to be a racist nor am i one..but these are my personal observations..
If NS is really serious about things, she should IMO quit NSP and join more credible oppo party like WP or even SDP, however, I believe only thing holding her back is that she worried she mbe perceived as going down same path as James Gomez or worse still GMS, who change camps..no offence my two cents worth...