• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

With Hougang loss, PAP’s recruitment suffers another blow - Alex Au

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potential candidates approached by the PAP will be asking themselves whether the investment the party expects of them – in time, energy, loss of privacy, suffering possible attacks in new media – will pay off. What if the party places them in Aljunied or Hougang at the next election? Or some other constituency that suddenly becomes a hard fight, such as East Coast or Tanjong Pagar?

Beyond the underwhelmingly few new faces inducted after the 2011 general election, there is also the question of quality, or the type of ‘talent’ being inducted. For example, a few persons who attended a recent closed-door dialogue session with Chan Chun Sing told me they didn’t come away with a good impression of the man. While I shan’t go into the specifics of what I was told, it was entirely in keeping with what I expected.

Chan is one of two new appointees coming from the military; the other being Tan Chuan-Jin. A military background brings dangers. The military indoctrinates its men and staffers with a certain perspective – that of Singapore being a highly vulnerable country always under siege. The credo leans towards survival of the fittest, and softness tends to be equated with weakness and rot.

- http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2...g-loss-paps-recruitment-suffers-another-blow/

jw5

Loyal
How about Lionel De Souza as a pap election candidate?
I bet that would make his day.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are no lack of bloody Por Lumpars in the PAP camp..

There's always the likes of Lionel Dog, Sear Hock Rong to stand as candidates in the 2016 GE..

Put these scumbags Por Lumpars in Aljunied.. They can be the sacrificial lambs there..

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no lack of bloody Por Lumpars in the PAP camp..

There's always the likes of Lionel Dog, Sear Hock Rong to stand as candidates in the 2016 GE..

Put these scumbags Por Lumpars in Aljunied.. They can be the sacrificial lambs there..

You just may get your wish. Lionel de Souza is the assistant brach secretary of Hougang PAP branch. Go read yesterday's Sunday Times.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dream team of the northeast: Lionel de Souza for Hougang; Salah Peiling, Sear Hock Rong, Subhas Anandan (minority candidate requirement changed to Indian at the last minute), Denise Phua and Eric Low (PAP's tua pek kong).

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Alex Au the same quitter who is moving overseas to look for job and abandoning his work in opposing PAP after only one defeat? He even has a foreign trash gf, so don't expect him to speak up against emigration issues.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Alex Au the same quitter who is moving overseas to look for job and abandoning his work in opposing PAP after only one defeat? He even has a foreign trash gf, so don't expect him to speak up against emigration issues.

i believe not. this alex au is gay and he is still in singapore. he's never taken part in any elections either.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for foreign lor.
I believe those FTs will be more than happy to join.
They will be convert to sg citizens before they join.
I believe they are already such instances in the pap camp.
Predict more to come.
We may have a pinoy-convert-singaporean MP in the future.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I reckon only those who are detached from reality, and oblivious to the suffering and unhappiness on the ground would join the PAP. Even if their intentions are good, its an almost impossible task to change the party from within. The PAP is what it is. Either they get fed up and leave, or stay on and become a bonafide MIW and enjoy all its "glamour and perks".

Pritam Singh said in GE2011 : "How can any self-respecting Singaporean join a ruling party that behaves in such a morally reprehensible manner! (linking votes to flat upgrading)." I guess not all of us are self-respecting, so there will be always be those who will join the mighty PAP.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next batch that PAP is targetting for GE 2016 will be those who will be 35 years and less then, i.e. those between ages 28 to 32 now. These individuals are already being eye-balled by Public Service Commission now and being rotated to hold key appointments in the next 3 years. These 'young guns' are already being indoctrinated daily by constant exposure to the top brass.

Balancing these is a core of PAP activists in their 40's who have been parachuted in to "help out" in the various Meet the People Sessions.

With more than 8 senior-citizen grade ex-Ministers stepping down in 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if PAP holds a mini-GE next year to bring in new blood. Possibly in Marine Parade GRC and Tanjong Pagar GRC.

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
With LKY and GCT out of the picture and LHL aged 64 then, plenty of opportunities
abound for those aspiring to be Ministers. My guess is that plenty of ex-PAP veterans will put up their children for elections.

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal
With LKY and GCT out of the picture and LHL aged 64 then, plenty of opportunities
abound for those aspiring to be Ministers. My guess is that plenty of ex-PAP veterans will put up their children for elections.

A lot of eligible people from the teachers and principals.....to tap from

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, since the millenium, the papaya already found themselves struggling to find stella candidates for each GE that comes along.

can anybody name a solid newbie in the papaya camp for GE2001?
can anybody name a solid newbie in the papaya camp for GE2006?
can anybody name a solid newbie in the papaya camp for GE2011?

have we heard much from the newbies from the papaya camp while in parliament? in fact, it seems NCMPs & NMPs have been more vocal than the "elected" noobs in white.

they claim that high salary is the key to attracting solid candidates to join politics, but maybe what they meant was to attract mercenaries to join their papaya camp.

there's good reason to believe that there's more than what they call "strategy" to hang george high & dry in aljunied (with a group of puppets), when they already know that the hammer party was bringing thor's hammer to aljunied for GE2011. and they saved the skin of other good for nothings in other GRCs, as well as parachuting some half baked noobs in other GRCs.

if they r truly the heroes in white, how is it so that its so difficult to find stella candidates to join them?

i believe it is simply bcos, ppl with hearts & conscience cant reconcile with their visions, missions & tactics, regardless of the perks in store.