• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Bilveer Singh's misplaced views on Hougang reflects armchair 'expertise'

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the exact sentiments. When I read Dr Bilveer's article, I read it with disbelief and disdain. Full of spin and BS. The message from Hougang residents is loud and clear and yet he wrote it like DC's PAP had performed beyond expectations. Tell you what Dr- DC and his PAP had secretly hoped for a miracle to happen but methinks Heaven got eyes! Don't try to downplay the WP's victory-it's utterly disrespectful and disingenuous! Holy shit!

With friends like Dr Bilveer, the PAP does not need any enemy.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Naturally, not all parties on the Yale side are happy about the coming premiere of Yale NUS. The joint venture with NUS was initiated by two members of the Yale Corporation (which is the governing body of Yale chaired by the President of Yale, a board of trustees, the governor of Connecticut, and alumni fellows who serve staggered six-year terms) who were advisors on the Government of Singapore’s investment portfolio.

The chief faculty critic, Seyla Benhabib, a political science professor, put the position of Yale’s faculty in very blunt terms: “Leaving aside this venture’s naïve missionary sentiment, one must ask: Do we need to go to Singapore to advance … a revival of the liberal arts?” (“What’s at Stake at Yale-NUS”, 4 April 2012) After which a resolution was passed by the faculty calling into question issues of civil and political rights within the state of Singapore.

http://www.gazettes.com/news/educat...cle_0161ba8a-a115-11e1-bce5-0019bb2963f4.html

Look at a political scientist in a truly free and democratic country and judge for yourselfs.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Bilveer should just be a teh tarik sarabat man..

Spewing so much rubbish.. Pity those students under him..

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is actually good that we have people like him around. They will made the PAPpies feel good and blind them.

jw5

Loyal
I wonder how he knows that DC has successfully reached out to younger voters.
Is he claiming that the additional votes he garnered from last year are from voters who just turned 21?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The by-election results signal to both parties that the ward can indeed be up for grabs if either party is able to win the hearts and minds of voters as well as come up with effective programmes to serve them. We will only know in the next General Election.

What does Dr Bilveer Singh teach in NUS? Actually, I should ask, where did he get his PhD from?

Given the genesis of this BE, the incidents that preceded the electioneering and the manner in which the campaign unfolded, it's astonishing Dr Singh actually saw a "dip" in WP's votes, even though he's technically not wrong. A power shift if WP bungles? My grandmother also knows that there are strong anti-PAP sentiments on the ground. If PAP doesn't address the resentment, even my grandmother can beat any PAP candidate as long as she wears the blue of WP :biggrin:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I wonder how he knows that DC has successfully reached out to younger voters.
Is he claiming that the additional votes he garnered from last year are from voters who just turned 21?

would be more interesting to know how many new citizens shifted to Hougang SMC :p:p:p

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some years ago Bilveer Singh wrote an article critical of the govt and he was immediately raked over th coals for it in public. He nearly lost his job. He had to make a public apology, concede he was in error and have been very obedient since.

Imagine a University don, writing an article over an increase of 145 votes along the lines that an earthquake that was unexpected had taken place. I was truly shocked to see an academic stoop so low.

Bro Scroobal..this is nothing new..remember Vasoo former MP?? he the one who complained about CSJ making false taxi claims.. anyway IMO, this whole facade has been staged to show the people that PAP has "improved"..as u said and predicted earlier in one of ur postings, WP will win Hougang..this is just a smokescreen by 154th and PAP who are obviously ashamed that despite all the brickbats and cannon balls fired at WP, the swing was only 2%..i liken it to a man who has tried to bed a woman, failed yet manage to get a peek at her boobs..then resorts to masturbation fantasizing about having amazing sex, which he dreams about but knows he will never ever get..IMHO the PAP should emulate their own famous over utilized cliche and "Move On"...

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Also Mr Choo's performance partly reflects his success in reaching out to younger voters"

Biggest joke ever. Bilveer Singh is really playing clairvoyant here, and truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. For the record Choo garnered a grand total of 145 extra votes from GE 2011.

Heard of a more sweeping statement than this? Spin doctor at work lah! How the hell did he know about how the younger voters voted?