• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNA's Horrendous coverage of election results. When are they going to learn?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. I thought the entire programme was quite poorly planned, and I think it boiled down to the lack of content as a result of the amount of time made available (the broadcast started at 2100h, and the results were only announced at 2230h). Shifting the special feature to a later slot might have been more effective, which could hence reduce the need for repetitive commentaries, questions or video clips, as well as the incessant inclusion of advertisement breaks.

2. Dr. Gillian Koh’s performance was rather underwhelming. The newscasters have to assume responsibility for rehashing questions of little value, but Dr. Koh’s perspectives were mere monotonous summaries of what had gone on over the past week. CNA could consider two proposals to address the concern of guests in general: first, to invite two individuals who might be slightly partisan to air their views, so as to generate some form of dynamism and synergy in the exchanges; second, to have guests postulate future scenarios, and to think about how different results might yield varying outcomes.

http://guanyinmiao.wordpress.com/20...ion-evaluating-channel-newsasias-performance/

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will never learn as long as they are a monopoly and not having to fight for viewership like other independent media companies have to.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very boring .No incentive to improve viewship because only one TV station in Singapore i.e.MediaCorpse.
Very monotonous.Always invite either the por-lum-par professor Eugene Tan or chow-chee-bye Gillian Koh on national TV as political observer.
All the independent political observers/analysts dead already in Singapore ?
Even when WP Png Eng Huat wins,they are like not happy like that always talking about the loser PAP Desmond Choo.
KNNCCB to Channel News Asia !!!!!!!!!!

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
only good thing to watch the CNA during elections is to see the euphoria of opp supporters on national TV...and the plastic reaction of the losers....

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think our news media should give the unconfirmed result earlier. what time did CNA first gave any unconfirmed result? the Chinese radio and Channel 8 only gave it close to 10pm. the unconfirmed result ( WP 14K, PAP 9K - pretty accurate ) was first released on internet at 9pm.

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think our news media should give the unconfirmed result earlier. what time did CNA first gave any unconfirmed result? the Chinese radio and Channel 8 only gave it close to 10pm. the unconfirmed result ( WP 14K, PAP 9K - pretty accurate ) was first released on internet at 9pm.

i concur! nop harm releasing this info since its unconfirmed

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
2011 they sent two 'Photojournalist' to Fukushima to cover the Equake

two little Ah Lians no idea of the scale of the disaster -rotting bodies, devastation,radiation way above safe level -sievert meters or not?

What happened to them?

Put on fancy vest carry expensive cameras call yourself 'Photojournalists!

Photojounalist? to name 3 famous ones:

Adlan Khasanov

Robert Capa

Carol Guzy

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is it so important what the mass media does?

It's a business. They are not obliged to their viewers, only to whoever's funding them.