• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee Hsien Loong last words after election results

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120526-0000083/PM-Lee-congratulates-Png,-commends-Choo

showimageCC.aspx

PM Lee congratulates Png, commends Choo
Updated 11:51 PM May 26, 2012
SINGAPORE - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has congratulated the Workers' Party and their candidate Png Eng Huat for his win in the Hougang by-election.

In a statement, Mr Lee said: "I respect the choice of Hougang voters ... I look forward to Mr Png's contributions in Parliament."

He added that with the by-election over, it was time for Singapore to focus on "longer-term issues".

The statement, in full, reads as follows:

"I called a by-election in Hougang constituency because the Workers' Party (WP) expelled the previous Member of Parliament, Mr Yaw Shin Leong, from the party, causing the seat to fall vacant.

"The PAP fielded Mr Desmond Choo as our candidate. Desmond had contested in Hougang in the general election last May. Even though he did not win, he continued to work hard in Hougang over the past year.

"In this by-election, Hougang voters had to choose the best candidate to look after Hougang and represent them in Parliament. The PAP and Desmond offered Hougang a fresh start, a break from the last 21 years. Desmond promised to do his best, to work with residents to build a better Hougang.

"Desmond and his team put up a strong fight, knowing that it was an uphill battle. Both because WP has been in Hougang for so long, and also because a by-election often puts the ruling party at a disadvantage.

"I am disappointed that Desmond did not win, but encouraged that the PAP obtained 37.9% of the votes this time. This improves on our results in the two previous general elections: 2006 (37.3%) and 2011 (35.2%).

"Clearly, many Hougang voters were impressed by Desmond's sincerity, compassion, and commitment, and attracted by the PAP's message of change and hope. But unfortunately there were not quite enough of them for Desmond to win.

"I have spoken to Desmond, to thank him and his team for their hard work, and to commend them for fighting a vigorous and effective campaign. He is naturally disappointed by the outcome, but is in good heart. He is keen to continue serving in Hougang, and to contribute in any role that he can be useful.

"I would also like to thank all those who voted for Desmond and the PAP.

"I also congratulate the WP and Mr Png Eng Huat for winning this by-election. I look forward to Mr Png's contributions in Parliament.

"I respect the choice of Hougang voters. The PAP will continue to be present in Hougang, and I am confident that we will win back the constituency in a future election.

"At the national level, we set a new direction last year. Since the general election in May 2011, the PAP government has done its best to address important national issues like housing and transportation, immigration and population, economic upgrading and workers' incomes. We have made progress, but there is much more to be done.

"Now that the Hougang by-election is over, we should refocus on these longer term issues, and work together as one people to achieve the best for Singapore."

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Now that the Hougang by-election is over, we should refocus on these longer term issues, and work together as one people to achieve the best for Singapore."

they have been focusing on the longer term issues since last GE. have they been solved while new ones keep surfacing?

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
they have been focusing on the longer term issues since last GE. have they been solved while new ones keep surfacing?

GE2011 8053
By election 2012 8210

Desmond votes increased by a meager 157 despite all the hooha surrounding YSL and attack on PEH honesty? And yet LHL, being a maths graduate chose to ignore the numbers ?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GE2011 8053
By election 2012 8210

Desmond votes increased by a meager 157 despite all the hooha surrounding YSL and attack on PEH honesty? And yet LHL, being a maths graduate chose to ignore the numbers ?

With help of PM/DPM/Minister help Desmond Choo. Imagine how bad is it. Anything below 40% is nightmare above 45% consider win for PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the look of ecstasy on Ass Ramesh's face.

I bet he was aroused, looking at his idol.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a statement, Mr Lee said: "I respect the choice of Hougang voters ... I look forward to Mr Png's contributions in Parliament."

>>> He should keep his own house in order first and asks his FAP MPs not to AWOL Parliament sitting before talking cock.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120526-0000083/PM-Lee-congratulates-Png,-commends-Choo
because a by-election often puts the ruling party at a disadvantage.
."

Oh, so that is the reason why he chose not to call for BE in the past when the laws requires it. He has a choice, not the people because he was so afraid the PAP might lose. This is something Ravi should fight for in court using LHL statement above to support the case that he cannot have unfretted decision whether a by-election should be called.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watched the interview after the results announced. TCH was like DC lao pei... answering questions as if he was the one in the running. Occasionally, he will remember and diverted the qns to DC. DC also diam diam like a good boy, never taking the initiative. There was once TCH even said "Why don't you ask Desmond?" and "Desmond, would you like to speak in mandarin?" really facepalm.. freaking puppet...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This acquiescent puppet Desmond Choo will sneak in via backdoor into some PAP stronghold GRC in GE2016.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
"Now that the Hougang by-election is over, we should refocus on these longer term issues, and <B>work together as one people to achieve the best for Singapore<B>."

I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that what is best for Singapore is not what is best for Sporeans. Do not, for a moment, think that they are the same.

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing I can firmly conclude, (after earlier many years I was unsure) by now, the PAP's real Reality is only what they selective think and chose to believe in, NOT what they are SEEING happening in front of everyone AND themselves!!
And if the PARTY and leaders are leaving in dreamland AND STILL dent that they ARE not, Singapore WILL BE IN DEEP DEEP trouble in the hands of this batch of PAP. EVen the ghosts of Lim Kim San, Goh Keng Swee, Wee Kim Wee, Ong Teng Cheong wont 'pang chang' them.