• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Political Folder awaits GMS' post BE analysis

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOH MENG SENG ON FACEBOOK:

I guess LTK is a bit exaggerating here. 20 years ago, the main stream media was even worse than the present BE reporting. We didn't see opposition rebuttals printed on front page headlines 20 years ago but we have seen it now.

Apparently he didn't want to think deep enough to understand the difference in media landscape 20 years ago and now. The press is under tremendous stress with new media 20 years later, so no choice have to report word-by-word from LTK. 20 years ago there was no internet, ST can say the earth is square without any rebuttal.

maxxieb

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me Singapore Media had never not improve not at all.....not just go back to 20 years ago...LTK very give face to say that.
When LKY in the 60s wipe out all other press except SPH there was never any media freedom for Singapore then.
LKY use this powerful tool to control/brainwash singaporean wilth filtered news and information tiill now.
As LTK had said till now SPH and Mediacorp all linked with PAP controlled government, so how neutral can they be??
But till GE2011 LHL found that his father method not effective enouugh anymore because of the information flood of internet and social network web.....After surviving GE2011 with little damage...LHL try to use internet to continue control plp minds...on the other hand using internet to smear his rival

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in the 60s, there was a little bit of competition, and distinct brand loyalties. On the Chinese side, there was the divide between Sin Chew Jit Poh and Nanyang Siang Pao. My parents were Sin Chew readers and would casually dismiss NYSP's points of view as biased. I had not then read enough Chinese to tell the difference. There was of course Shin Ming and others (马票报).

On the English side, there was the Eastern Sun - saw it but never read it. And the biggie, the Singapore Herald which dared to publish news and views contrary to the establishment. My parents actually subscribed to it for me (I was pre-teen) and I found it engaging even then. But it folded after pressure was placed on its bankers to terminate their loan. Sad.

SPH was the PAPzi's wet dream but they were only able to put it in place in the mid 80s.

To me Singapore Media had never not improve not at all.....not just go back to 20 years ago...LTK very give face to say that.
When LKY in the 60s wipe out all other press except SPH there was never any media freedom for Singapore then.
LKY use this powerful tool to control/brainwash singaporean wilth filtered news and information tiill now.
As LTK had said till now SPH and Mediacorp all linked with PAP controlled government, so how neutral can they be??
But till GE2011 LHL found that his father method not effective enouugh anymore because of the information flood of internet and social network web.....After surviving GE2011 with little damage...LHL try to use internet

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
The ground sentiments of the middle ground is so angry with PAP that they don't really give a hoot to who stands against them!

Goh Meng Seng

Wow. Is that so? Whoever stood against PAP would have won? Not because PAP was standing against the strongest opposition party in the land? A 3CF will reveal the truth.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why we want to hear more shit from GOT MORE SHIT aka GOT MANY SKIN?

GMS sure have something to say regardless of the outcome of the HG BE. Win Margin from 1% to 99%, GMS sure can come out with more shit from his ANALyst Since when, according to GMS himself, he is every wrong?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pai Seh. Haven't finish with Got More Shit yet.

Goh Meng Seng, can you tell us more what are the internal problems in WP since you seems to know a lot. Otherwise, it just words from YOU!

No need your kay poh to tell WP what to do, You should examine your own brain instead.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pai Seh. Haven't finish with Got More Shit yet.

Goh Meng Seng, can you tell us more what are the internal problems in WP since you since to know a lot. Otherwise, it just words from YOU!

No need your kay poh to tell WP what to do, You should examine your own brain instead.

Bro,
He is a cook
Without ingredients how can he cook?
Once he gets the ingredients
You must also wait for him to find the recipes
Be patient

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently he didn't want to think deep enough to understand the difference in media landscape 20 years ago and now.

If his writings do not show depth, apart from his intellectual limitations, more importantly is because he's coloured by his personal grievances against WP/LTK. Rationalising what he sees and then twists them to suit his agenda. If he's truly impartial and objective, it will come thru clearly and he doesn't have to tell people that.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow. Is that so? Whoever stood against PAP would have won? Not because PAP was standing against the strongest opposition party in the land? A 3CF will reveal the truth.

Perhaps so, but in a straight fight. If LTK fielded a piece of char siew to stand against Desmond Choo, the piece of charsiew will still be elected an MP. :biggrin:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps so, but in a straight fight. If LTK fielded a piece of char siew to stand against Desmond Choo, the piece of charsiew will still be elected an MP. :biggrin:

It depends on how nicely done is that piece of Char Siew actually. If chao da one, voters might vote for Desmond Choo. :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I happen to be DC and reading this, I will runroad. So embarrassing to lose to char siew.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I happen to be DC and reading this, I will runroad. So embarrassing to lose to char siew.

DC will runroad to some PAP sure-win GRC in 2015/2016. He is earmarked to be Parl Sec right? If Chia Shi Lu can walk in just like that, DC must be rewarded for fighting two grueling battles in HG. Maybe with LHL in AMK, or with TCH.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, and with the accompanying chirping of crickets in the dead of the night. But seriously, how is GMS supposed to respond when his cock is in his mouth?

Probably sipping coffee at Causeway Bay trying to spin some articles to justify his analysis. But this time a bit hard for him so he needs more time. Let's have patience :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you describe here requires a dexterity that neither GMS's body nor his mind is capable of - it's probably someone else's member that he has in his oral cavity.

yes, and with the accompanying chirping of crickets in the dead of the night. But seriously, how is GMS supposed to respond when his cock is in his mouth?

anttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you describe here requires a dexterity that neither GMS's body nor his mind is capable of - it's probably someone else's member that he has in his oral cavity.

haha, now you are taking it literally. he is such a bitter misguided soul. An opposition turned harsh opposition critic. With friends like him, who needs enemies?