• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ha Ha ! Official Results = Workers Party Won 62% -- PAP Circus 38%

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any opp wants to touch Punggol-Pasir GRC must be crazy.
Do you know how many % winning votes pappies kena during GE2011 there?
Even higher than AMK GRC. More than 70%
I think there got the highest amount of well educated high earners and FTs there.
Teo CH is very "untouchable".

under 2011GE setup, pasir ris punggol really a fortress but as punggol estate expand, this GRC will be too big and will have chop up into two GRCs or one GRC and at least 3 SMCs. after the strong showing in the sengkang west and punggol east smc by the WP, IMPO, it will be a two GRCs setup as pap will go the coward way to prevent a SMC falling into WP hand. but pap will be taking a risk as they may not find a good heavyweight ministar to helm the new GRC. so instead on one SMC, pap may lose 4 members GRC instead.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
under 2011GE setup, pasir ris punggol really a fortress but as punggol estate expand, this GRC will be too big and will have chop up into two GRCs or one GRC and at least 3 SMCs. after the strong showing in the sengkang west and punggol east smc by the WP, IMPO, it will be a two GRCs setup as pap will go the coward way to prevent a SMC falling into WP hand. but pap will be taking a risk as they may not find a good heavyweight ministar to helm the new GRC. so instead on one SMC, pap may lose 4 members GRC instead.

Teo Ser Fuck will be helming the Punggol-Seng Kang GRC, he face Koh Choon Yong and Lee Lilian and maybe John Yam .... since that WP will likely give up Nee Soon and MK now ...

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo Ser Fuck will be helming the Punggol-Seng Kang GRC, he face Koh Choon Yong and Lee Lilian and maybe John Yam .... since that WP will likely give up Nee Soon and MK now ...

Teo Ser Luck a heavy-weight GRC anchor? If he is, then I'm Teo Ser Lee :biggrin:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo Ser Luck a heavy-weight GRC anchor? If he is, then I'm Teo Ser Lee :biggrin:

they will likely make him a full minister within the next 2 years.... maybe it take over from CCS or yaacob or vivian.... or even PMO...

CCS prob promoted to something more heavy weight since ccs will have to anchor Tanjong Pagar GRC next election... since Ah Gong not likely to be medically fit if alive....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro, are u joking? it not funny lor. TSL capital is dropping like a stone. last time he represent the youth but ten yrs into pap, he no longer the same man. his antic last year make him the joke of the GE. to connect to the younger generation, the BG tan a better choice. as a mpee, he mostly MIA. he may have more patterns than badminton but most of his ideas end up in rubbish heap.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, are u joking? it not funny lor. TSL capital is dropping like a stone. last time he represent the youth but ten yrs into pap, he no longer the same man. his antic last year make him the joke of the GE. to connect to the younger generation, the BG tan a better choice. as a mpee, he mostly MIA. he may have more patterns than badminton but most of his ideas end up in rubbish heap.

BG tan will be a full minister... most likely manpower but he will be helming Marin Parade since GCT will likely retire

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that why i say pap in a difficult situation. shd they helm the new grc with a lightweight pmo or cut off a hand to save own life? maybe it better to cut a 2-3 smc out of the current grc to entice many corners fight among the alternate parties as smc sure attract many contestants. while APs are fighting over the bone, pap keep the 5member grc.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is funny that my friend told me PAP's BE campaign was very similar to the one used in the 2011 GE. (not sure as I didn't pay attention)
But I was shocked that there was a leak of WP's voting process to the media. But WP handled things very well, esp with not inviting the media to their walkabouts and wat-nots... I don't think the media can write anything gud about them and get away with it without a "scratch".

But, the results showed that the "ploys" were useless. If I was a Hougang resident, and I keep hearing PAP ppl dangling the upgrading to me, I would be very very insulted. How many years, nothing really done.. and yet you dare to mock me by dangling wat is rightfully my tax money? Isn't that a sort of "buying votes"??

Seriously, if the ruling party STILL DOESN'T LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE and really do something to make things right.. then they might as well lay down and let the opposition walk over. PAP;s campaign in Hougang should not have been about demolishing WP's candidate's character and/or integrity, but to really lay out APPROVED plans for Hougang. No approved plans, how to convince the voters that there is anything?

If this BE has taught PAP any lesson, it is that Singaporeans are not stupid or afraid of bringing up their worries and concerns for all to hear/see (the legal action taken by the cleaner lady to force the BE to happen), and that voters are not swayed by "silly tactics or smear tactics".. they want to hear concrete answers to issues that affect their everyday lives, and to their future.

I just wish the 8k voters who sided PAP will learn that their fellow residents who voted WP made the correct decision. Stop being ballsless and recognise the inabilities of PAP in being fair to each and every Singaporean. Opposition constituencies are also part of the "one Singapore".. for are they not Singaporeans too? Why be unfair and restrict them proper access to their tax monies for upgradings and wat-nots??

The World is UNFAIR.. and it is only up to us.. to make ie LESS UNFAIR!!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
they will likely make him a full minister within the next 2 years.... maybe it take over from CCS or yaacob or vivian.... or even PMO...

CCS prob promoted to something more heavy weight since ccs will have to anchor Tanjong Pagar GRC next election... since Ah Gong not likely to be medically fit if alive....

TSL full minister? He has I/EQ Deficiency Syndrome to be anywhere near a full Minister. He'll be a disaster if that day really comes. He makes me cringe..... yuck!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i disagree, desmond is responsible for the two worst results for pap in hougang since 1991. at least heng and eric kept LTK within the 60% mark and there was a close call in 2001GE. but desmond face off against two wp newbies with the weight of the media and resources of the pap and pa behind him yet still can lose by 24% or more each time.:rolleyes:

me agree, elderly folks are more sensitive in this aspect, can sniff out genuine sincerity very easily. this explains how lip service wouldn't work. on the contrary, once all the major upgrading in Hougang starts, we'll see more votes given to those who promised getting it done for them.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
me agree, elderly folks are more sensitive in this aspect, can sniff out genuine sincerity very easily. this explains how lip service wouldn't work. on the contrary, once all the major upgrading in Hougang starts, we'll see more votes given to those who promised getting it done for them.

DC will have to be in HG much longer than 15 mths to win over the trust of the people. I wouldn't say he's insincere but his youth is not necessarily a strength as far as old folks are concerned. And even though he tried to distant himself from TCH and the media attacks on Png, he's still on a PAP ticket. And with the strong resentment against PAP at this moment, I would say DC's performance is fundamentally caused by PAP. EL and HCH would have suffered the same fate if they contest now. The ground is just not sweet at all for PAP, esp in HG.

Last edited:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond can speak very well, an almost replicate to George Yeo. If it was a debate competition, Desmond would have won with both hands up. But election is not about who can speak better.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond can speak very well, an almost replicate to George Yeo. If it was a debate competition, Desmond would have won with both hands up. But election is not about who can speak better.

DC's definitely very intellectual looking/speaking. Politics requires you to connect with people from different walks of life and that requires very different skills and attributes. To bond with the people takes time but Png had the benefits of not only LTK's legacy but his endorsement and actual help during campaign.

DC unfortunately has none of this.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 6 sense tells me that upcoming 2016 election, Pasir Ris - Punggol GRC will be a tough fight for PAP Circus ! All thanks to T . C .H repeated negative words on WP :biggrin:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am a Hougang voter and if Desmond Choo and Png Eng Huat both run as independent candidates (i.e. no party support at all), I would vote for Png Eng Huat.

Impression wise, Png comes across as a person who is truly willing to help, resourceful and can get things done (even without WP support).

Desmond gives the impression that he has no clue how to connect with people, is a nervous wreck and would crumble under pressure (cry), not to mention that if without the arsonal of PAP resource at his disposal, he is really nothing.