• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ.......

jw5

Loyal
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

“I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn’t be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn’t be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters – who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think.”
- Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, Straits Times, 20 April 1987
- Lee Kuan Yew, Create 21 Asahi Forum Tokyo, Nov 20 1992

The above is the ultimate KLJW.
Based on the principle of:
[I know best, I know most, nobody knows as much as me, I am the smartest, my family members are the best, what I say goes,
I dictate, I prescribe, I show the way, it's my way or the highway, etc]

Nice post Nice-Gook. Work for the greater good.
After talking about the equality of one man one vote, he went on to suggest that some people should perhaps be given 3 votes and
other people given 1 vote. Needless to say, he would probably be involved in deciding who got the 3 votes. Because he knows best mah.
Doesn't realise that equality is never possible, but at least try to achieve equity.
Utterly repulsive.

jw5

Loyal
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Thanks bro, not in here so often juz recently more... So not following too closely, juz err on safe side
seems i hv given him too much benefit of a doubt....

low is a disciplined politician and it is understandable nobody who have ego issues can tahan a disciplinarian

Bro elephanto,
Really too many grudge-bearing, disgruntled, wannabe cmi rejected "not good enough" former opposition party members and supporters these days.
They are really starting to piss me off.
With "opposition supporters" like these, who needs pap?
As an outsider, I can't honestly say that the WP performances in parliament have been great.
But as MPs, their behaviour, actions and words relating to the well being of the ordinary Singaporean have been close to impeccable.
The day that Low and company abuse the trust that the ordinary Singaporeans have in them or start to ride roughshod over the people,
it's not too late to give them a figurative whacking.
I don't see any sign of that at the moment. But these grudge bearing disgruntled chaps seem determined to make it easier for the pap.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro elephanto,
Really too many grudge-bearing, disgruntled, wannabe cmi rejected "not good enough" former opposition party members and supporters these days.
They are really starting to piss me off.
With "opposition supporters" like these, who needs pap?
As an outsider, I can't honestly say that the WP performances in parliament have been great.
But as MPs, their behaviour, actions and words relating to the well being of the ordinary Singaporean have been close to impeccable.
The day that Low and company abuse the trust that the ordinary Singaporeans have in them or start to ride roughshod over the people,
it's not too late to give them a figurative whacking.
I don't see any sign of that at the moment. But these grudge bearing disgruntled chaps seem determined to make it easier for the pap.

the path to hell is always pathed with good intentions - case in point goh meng seng : naive recalcitrant unrepentant - just dun get it and yet I groan act time he adds David Marshall's Ideals in Public Service in his signature - ah updated ! these days he has since removed them!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

What I mean is Wp seems pretty "soft"..... Compared to Lim Guan Eng and the likes... To beat PAP, they really have to be much much better and risk a bit more...

Then what would u expect WP to do? Every day rally, everyday make nonsensical statements, everyday beat drum? to what end?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

heh thanks for the info.i think i have some idea whats going on.

well, all the while i thinking is sylvia lim the mole send by pap?
or mr low and mm lee got some internal agreement on support pap policy and i wont sue you.and why mr low so diam diam on pap issue.
or chen shou mao the pap mole?

knn, all these mole here and there, eric tan case, ysl saga really make us going blur like sotong.

heh do enlighten us here.i m sincere to hear more from you.i m a newbie in political thingy.

At least we now know the SDP is not the PAP's favourite. Their leadership has gone thru too much - bankruptcies, jail terms, smear campaigns, prosecutions and fines to be called moles.

Hats off to the SDP and their fervent supporters! The continuing ability to attract very capable and highly qualified ppl into their fold is a real eye-opener.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do agree that there is something between WP and SDP but between WP and SPP, understanding seems to be better and perhaps that is the reason.

As I see it, WP is seeing the SDP as a threat to their pre-eminence. All other oppos are not comparable to them. Only the SDP is.

As long as SDP do not get into parleement, the WP can elak here and there. so why should the WP (read here as the PAP) help to unite the oppos?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Then what would u expect WP to do? Every day rally, everyday make nonsensical statements, everyday beat drum? to what end?

me only want WP and the other opposition parties to take more seats in the Parliament. not any one group should hold the vast majority of the seats, plain unhealthy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

As long as SDP do not get into parleement, the WP can elak here and there. so why should the WP (read here as the PAP) help to unite the oppos?

wrong, bro, wrong. vibrancy comes with diversity. competition will allow the various groups to improve, the entire society will grow and prosper on the whole.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

jbj dont like Mr LOw and Mr Chiam!!!What happen???

[video=youtube;AvqE_xAN1is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqE_xAN1is[/video]

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I love JBJ!He at least are upright on the flaw of our one 'F', one 'L' , one ' P' system!!!

[video=youtube;djutoHKXxRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djutoHKXxRg[/video]

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simply put, the SDP have an idealist take on things while the Worker's Party are realists.

Hardcore anti-government people supporting SDP's view need to realize that they are actually in the minority of the population. PE2011 pretty much show how the population is split: 25% hardcore anti-government, 35% moderates, 35% pro-government, 5% dumbfucks.

Worker's Party knows that the best way to win seats in the parliament is to appeal to the moderates, and that has been their strategy since Mr Low Thia Khiang took over, and it seems to be working out. While I applaud the SDP (and JBJ) for sticking to their principles and standing up for liberism, the sad truth is that they are not going to win any parliament seats this way and the GE2011 results show that.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Simply put, the SDP have an idealist take on things while the Worker's Party are realists.

gosh... me is an idealist or realist? si bei jia lut... :eek::eek::eek:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

gosh... me is an idealist or realist? si bei jia lut... :eek::eek::eek:

You're an idealist at heart but a realist on outlook. Not jialat at all. Dream must dream big. Do must start small :biggrin:

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can you translate that to English?
By your logic, an opposition member must live in the most frugal manner - stay in HDB, ride a bicycle, eat packet-rice in coffeeshop.
An opposition member cannot be accomplished in his career... if he is... he must be PAP sponsored.
I recall someone was accusing Png Eng Huat of poor in doing business... i bet if he is a successful businessman the accuser would switch around saying "Png is loaded... hmmm... where did he get his money... how can he be rich when Sinkies are struggling in HDB flats"

By the way... people who live in HDB flat are not necessarily poor... i know of someone who has several properties in Orchard but live in a HDB flat in Tampines.

You ideology of what constitute an opposition is misguided - you are a communist at heart.

Well said. A characteristic of conspiracy buffs (as well as our infamously hopeless analyst, GMS) is to filter all facts to fit their view, and in the process, reinforces what they already believe in. It becomes an endless self- feedback loop which as crazy as it sounds, actually convinces them that they are correct and makes their conviction even stronger.

A perfect example of flawed reasoning:
Rich opposition member = PAP spy cos opposition member cannot make it on their own (e.g. WP members)
Poor opposition member = PAP spy cos if they are truly poor, they should not have the time to be involved in politics (e.g. CSJ)

You cannot reason with the unreasonable or talk logic with the illogical.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

gotr wp poeple want to kill me becos I say no good ting about wp.

Haha, I don't think anyone wants to kill you lah. Even if there're, its not because you said WP no good. Wah lau, so many people said WP no good, go kill all of them? Actually, it's your Engrand lor. Your Engrand is killing us leh. The bloody typo errors, the half-baked Singlish and your inconsistent writing style.

Based on what I learnt from Hollywood and HK movies, you're not what you want people to believe. Your Engrand is DELIBERATELY bad. But your inconsistencies in writing expose you. That means you have something to hide. That means you've agenda that you don't want people to know. That means you can't be trusted. That means you're much much worse than the GMSs and the Kinanas.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

You're an idealist at heart but a realist on outlook. Not jialat at all. Dream must dream big. Do must start small :biggrin:

ok, me will start with my boy, he'll be an important man in this world. the dream big enough? the boy small enough? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok, me will start with my boy, he'll be an important man in this world. the dream big enough? the boy small enough? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Maybe dream of him becoming a GOOD man? I think that's more impt, agree? :smile: