• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ.......

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Francis Seow said Low did not help JBJ when he could have.. Instead, he took the chance to seize the leadership.. I surmise that he does not think Low is genuine opposition, even Gopolan Nair regularly takes pot shots at WP..

Do u guys know LKY has often spoken well of Low Thia Kiang... The PAP of today is hardly the PAP of yesterday but its the same with WP.. Have u seen the WP MPs debate in Parliament?? You guys truly believe WP will risk everything to champion your rights?? From their performance so far, I do not think so.. They steer well clear of the sensitive issues, if u know what I mean:smile:

Yaw Shin Leong might have been positioned as future WP leader as he is a PAP supporter, he openly declares how much he likes PAP..

your thought is as same as mine.i respect jbj.as for low, last time like him alot.after yesterday rally, i change my stance.i going to support pap.not becos i like pap but of 2 fake, actor actress, same got i ternal power struggle and greed, same yaya papaya but act pure infront of cameras,i will choose pap.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Let me ask LTK whether WKS should resign?....asks PM Lee.

Silence.!!!!!

And yet the very PAP kicked WKS out for his incompetency!:eek:

What da fuck is LTK doing in the parliament?

All the talk amounting to no talk?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9R-Fwylg0tU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9R-Fwylg0tU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object>

Last edited:

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have u guys wondered why Low is never invited for international talks on human rights and Chee is always invited? And u almost don't see a single report by CNN on Low... Why?

Why does international media almost never refer to Low as opposition leader but always Chee

I am specifically addressing your point above. Like the SDP, you are confusing opposition with human rights.

SDP goes for the high brow stuff which appeals to the educated, bleeding hearts. WP does not. The reason why Low is never invited for international talks on human rights is because this topic is low on WP's agenda. The international media loves such non- bread and butter issues which explains why Chee is addressed as the opposition leader.

This is also why the SDP speaks on a stage while WP speaks in parliament.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

your thought is as same as mine.i respect jbj.as for low, last time like him alot.after yesterday rally, i change my stance.i going to support pap.not becos i like pap but of 2 fake, actor actress, same got i ternal power struggle and greed, same yaya papaya but act pure infront of cameras,i will choose pap.

You are not alone... Some people do feel this way.... Go with yr heart la bro......

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am specifically addressing your point above. Like the SDP, you are confusing opposition with human rights.

SDP goes for the high brow stuff which appeals to the educated, bleeding hearts. WP does not. The reason why Low is never invited for international talks on human rights is because this topic is low on WP's agenda. The international media loves such non- bread and butter issues which explains why Chee is addressed as the opposition leader.

This is also why the SDP speaks on a stage while WP speaks in parliament.

Then I would reply u this way Sir... Only a World Class electorate deserves a World Class govt...

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me ask LTK whether WKS should resign?....asks PM Lee.

Silence.!!!!!

And yet the very PAP kicked WKS out for his incompetency!:eek:

What da fuck is LTK doing in the parliament?

All the talk amounting to no talk?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9R-Fwylg0tU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9R-Fwylg0tU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object>

Low is on good terms with LKY.... U can't blame him......

jw5

Loyal

And yet Low did not help JBJ when he could as Francis Seow said..

Both probably could have had more empathy and done more to help each other.
Low probably could have done more to help JBJ, but then again, he could not logically use all the party's resources to help one man.
JBJ probably could have had more empathy for the party's and Low's position, and been more savvy in his dealings with the pappies.
Then again, things happened to him while he was working hard on behalf of ordinary Singaporeans.

I have immense respect and admiration for both men, both for the things they had in common, as well as for their differences.
The fact that both men were human beings with flaws is also undeniable.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sir, when / where did I ever suggest that CSJ was not genuine in his beliefs? I consider myself his friend, albeit a distant one, and I am completely confident that he is genuine. But the path he has chosen will not lead him to parliament any time soon, and that is a real pity.

Do I think CSJ has no place in Singapore politics? Of course, not. But the PAPzis are a complex adversary that require a range of opposition types to defeat. You will need WP to secure a foothold in parliament (and prevent the PAPzis from saying 'that Singaporeans have spoken at the polls and given them carte blanche'). But you will also need CSJ and the SDP to provide the 'moral' compass of a democracy. I do not know how CSJ / SDP will be rewarded for their efforts in future but I believe they will.

But the most important point to note is that damning WP and the inroads it's made into parliament will just play into the hands of the PAPzis and set our efforts back many years.

If CSJ didn't genuinely believe in his cause, he would have sought political asylum already.. As for why I know that foreign media thinks PAP and WP are similiar, Yahoo had an article on this.. More or less saying they will cooperate as their ideology is not that different... Referring to the current WP, not the old one

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

CSM said, how many 5 years do we have?? How long will it take to change like this...

let's see...

on the average, the Singaporean male lives up to 80 years old and the Singaporean female lives up to 82 years old. assuming that the male got to vote in his first election when he first turned 21, he could have voted at least 14 times granted the average number of years between each GE had been around 4.27 years since we gained independence in 1965. going on the same assumption, the female citizen would also get 14 chances. Low took 20 years to take down a GRC since its inception in 1988. that's about 5 cycles. looking at how the PAP screwed things up within the last 12 months post GE11, me believe we can expect more changes to come. :p:p:p

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both probably could have had more empathy and done more to help each other.
Low probably could have done more to help JBJ, but then again, he could not logically use all the party's resources to help one man.
JBJ probably could have had more empathy for the party's and Low's position, and been more savvy in his dealings with the pappies.
Then again, things happened to him while he was working hard on behalf of ordinary Singaporeans.

I have immense respect and admiration for both men, both for the things they had in common, as well as for their differences.
The fact that both men were human beings with flaws is also undeniable.

As I said, Francis Seow was not alluding to the money part, he was saying JBJ was under pressure and somehow Low played a part and seized the chance..

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ya ya..LKY could have helped Ong Eng Guan back in the 1960s but he seized the leadership. Lim Chin Siong probably makes a better PM but then you know what? So what's the point?
At least LTK did not back stab JBJ unlike LKY on Lim Chin Siong.

Most politicians help themselves...that's their aspirations.... to be rich and famous
In the process backstabbing and backbiting happens all the time
It is difficult to find someone magnanimously noble in politics
If only we could have someone less power crazy like the Lee's
Singapore would be a better place

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sir, when / where did I ever suggest that CSJ was not genuine in his beliefs? I consider myself his friend, albeit a distant one, and I am completely confident that he is genuine. But the path he has chosen will not lead him to parliament any time soon, and that is a real pity.

Do I think CSJ has no place in Singapore politics? Of course, not. But the PAPzis are a complex adversary that require a range of opposition types to defeat. You will need WP to secure a foothold in parliament (and prevent the PAPzis from saying 'that Singaporeans have spoken at the polls and given them carte blanche'). But you will also need CSJ and the SDP to provide the 'moral' compass of a democracy. I do not know how CSJ / SDP will be rewarded for their efforts in future but I believe they will.

But the most important point to note is that damning WP and the inroads it's made into parliament will just play into the hands of the PAPzis and set our efforts back many years.

Ok thats fair enough... I am glad u feel CSJ is geniune... I hope he will get his reward and btw he says on earth no reward nvm, in Heaven he will get...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

He was referring to JBJ leaving WP under pressure... I mean JBJ need not resign as SG would he, even if he was bankrupt...

hmm... good insights here, did JBJ resigned from WP on his own accord?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watch how Workers Party tripping all over it's feet,

WP is actually proposing higher wages for ministers?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3WjTmd3q6A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3WjTmd3q6A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

let's see...

on the average, the Singaporean male lives up to 80 years old and the Singaporean female lives up to 82 years old. assuming that the male got to vote in his first election when he first turned 21, he could have voted at least 14 times granted the average number of years between each GE had been around 4.27 years since we gained independence in 1965. going on the same assumption, the female citizen would also get 14 chances. Low took 20 years to take down a GRC since its inception in 1988. that's about 5 cycles. looking at how the PAP screwed things up within the last 12 months post GE11, me believe we can expect more changes to come. :p:p:p

I ask u la... How many times has a tanjong Pagar resident voted?? You many be young but many of us old liao... And when we are old, most people around us would be FT liao... We do not have many 5 yrs la..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

me hold JBJ in utmost admiration as well. as for LTK, me is expecting a lil' more fire in the belly :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal

As I said, Francis Seow was not alluding to the money part, he was saying JBJ was under pressure and somehow Low played a part and seized the chance..

I'm not alluding only to the money part either, just look at it from both angles.
If things had panned out differently, we could have zero elected opposition mps in parliament today.
Of course there would be 20 nmps and 10 ncmps just to show us they care.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

hmm... good insights here, did JBJ resigned from WP on his own accord?

Umm..... if I recall correctly, it was under pressure for sure... Francis Seow did say that much..

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

me hold JBJ in utmost admiration as well. as for LTK, me is expecting a lil' more fire in the belly :p:p:p

Low is on good terms with LKY... You wait 1 or 2 years can??