• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Choo HAD a real chance of winning

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it is now gone.
Thanks to his smarter-than-thou scholars heavyweight ministers.. who came in to destroy his by-election.
That is what he is crying about last night... "Fuck... i had a real chance... i charmed so many grannies... fxxking CB kay-kiang ministers came in to sabotage my campaign... boooo-hoooo-hoooo"

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a while i was losing hope... honestly Png does not look extremely promising and Desmond Choo is a granny magnet... but the diversion of focus to Teo Chee Hean once again reminds voters of the bully mentality and dirty underhand tactics of the PAP. It RIGHTLY brought voters attention to the right focus, ie this is PAP vs Workers Party and not Desmond vs Png

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He cry for going to lose his $15000 MP salary. That is all about it. No amount of tears from this wimp can surpass the hero of WP standing in the rain under an army of Hougang residents. Compare this Desmond wimp crying to Silvia Lim soaked in the storm and stood firm. What kind of MP do you prefer? I am sure Silvia can fuck better than this cry-baby.

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a while i was losing hope... honestly Png does not look extremely promising and Desmond Choo is a granny magnet... but the diversion of focus to Teo Chee Hean once again reminds voters of the bully mentality and dirty underhand tactics of the PAP. It RIGHTLY brought voters attention to the right focus, ie this is PAP vs Workers Party and not Desmond vs Png

Actually, you have made a very valid point there.

Teo Chee Hean might have scored an own goal by getting so involved. He somehow ended up hijacking Desmond's campaign.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It RIGHTLY brought voters attention to the right focus, ie this is PAP vs Workers Party and not Desmond vs Png

This was exactly what I told my spouse last night. It really doesn't matter whether its Png or someone else, the majority of Hougang voters will vote for the WP brand name. Do not underestimate the power of brand affinity.

Last edited:

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that Png is too uninteresting, he is very 'normal' and lacks charisma or X-factor.

I would vote for him to run my Town Council but I would not vote for him to represent my views in Parliament, not sure if that makes sense but it is meant to. It's just that in Singapore, the two roles are merged into one.

The WP could have fielded someone like Glenda Han to stir things up a little.

I believe Png might struggle to make an impact in Parliament, a bit like how Yee Jenn Jong has struggled even though both of them are 'stable', 'solid', 'can do work' types. And Yee has a more impressive resume than Png.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, DC can get a much better margin after the YSL saga...maybe even a slim chance of winning. However, DPM remarks somewhat hurts his chances as Hougang residents & Sporeans are very sensitive and familiar with past Pap tactics. When before voters are interested in DC and his offers, voters seems really distract by DPM remarks albeit negatively to the paps. This explains the almost empty stadium during their last rally on Thursday except for the party cadres and members. Very few , if there were any Hougang residents who attended the pap rally.

I'm not pro white but it is really a pity if chances are wasted like that on DC because every votes count.

People nowadays are more informed. Even the elderly and old aunties and uncles in Hougang and elsewhere laughed and dismissed DPM's acusations of Png as usual smear tactics to distract the voters. Pap IBs are also easily discovered and their effort simply dismissed and ignored by netizens who previously might tried to reason with them.

Information flow and the ability to distinguish real issues from distraction & personal attacks has make old tactics unworkable today.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, DPM remarks somewhat hurts his chances as Hougang residents & Sporeans are very sensitive and familiar with past Pap tactics.

Past tactics worked well what. Look at what happened to Dr Chee ? James Gomez ?

If WP wins, it all boils down to the WP brand.

I wait to see if the number of spoiled votes will increase. It's a reflection of the impact of YSL.

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond is from police and Teo is from MINDEF. They dun see eye to eye.

Actually, you have made a very valid point there.

Teo Chee Hean might have scored an own goal by getting so involved. He somehow ended up hijacking Desmond's campaign.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no need for the people of Hougang to pity Desmond.. Even if he lose tomorrow, the PAP will still take good care of him..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am DC, I will farking kill that stupid squirrel. What kind of stupid leak is that?

You can safely bet DC wasn't even aware squirrel was going to appear. DC is a nobody in the PAP. I doubt many of our ministers were aware squirrel was to play a role in this BE.