• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[GPGT] Goh Meng Seng endorse Worker Party for Hougang BE

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
553478_220571264726563_100003210741553_387880_74795712_n.jpg

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats not Goh Meng Seng. He won't be so stupid to endorse a screwed up party like WP.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
read it yourself

Goh Meng Seng said:
But emotionally, I still hope that WP could win Hougang. Yes, I know, I have declared independence and not supposed to help any parties to win this election and I have stuck to this until tonight.

I have walked and worked the ground in Hougang many donkey years ago, prior to GE2006. I have emotional attachment of how we have done every little possible things to help the residents there, in spite of the lack of critical resources. We sweat with determination to over come all odds to achieve our aims. We helped to write parliamentary speeches and engaged in policy issue discussions to strengthen our MP's voice in parliament. Sometimes the debate on key issues could drag on over midnight. Hougang may not be the BEST constituency in Singapore in terms of infrastructure but we tried out very best to enhance all the heartware.

These are the experiences that one would not forget easily. Even for former WP members like Eric Tan, in spite of feeling betrayed and disenchanted with the party for whatever reasons, our hearts will hold true to the days we have spent in building and developing the party throughout the years. No one would want to destroy the work and foundation which he has contributed in building. Thus, I could understand why Eric, in spite of his disgruntled heart, has chosen to step forward to speak up for Png Eng Huat in all truthfulness.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There are even people who will vote a donkey puts up by any opposition party rather than voting PAP.

Png Eng Huat may not be the kind of TOP people one would like to have in parliament but at least he is still a human being.

Yes, if you put Png Eng Huat side by side with Desmond Choo, Desmond Choo would win hands down. But as I have said, Politics is basically irrational to start with. I am not Yaw Shin Leong who could actually get himself to vote for PAP. The worst case scenario for me is to spoil my vote if a donkey is being nominated as opposition candidate.

But the fact is, if I didn't even spoil my vote in AMK GRC during GE2011, I don't have any reasons to ask people to spoil their vote in Hougang BE. Yes, Png may not be the right MP we are looking for but I believe after this BE, he will buck up and improve over time. Nothing is static.

Goh Meng Seng

I agree with you on this one. Attack WP like worthless and now call people to vote. What a dummy.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
While everyone is entitled to their own point of view, GMS's views or support is irrelevant. Now if Nicole Seah were to throw in her support - that will make a difference.

AhFook

Alfrescian
Loyal
gms, i think you what you meant is "if you put Png Eng Huat side by side with GMS, GMS would win hands down.".

Yes, I foolly agree with you that "Politics is basically irrational to start with", otherwise, GMS would be in parliament now and LTK and team will be self appointed commentators / analysts.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are even people who will vote a donkey puts up by any opposition party rather than voting PAP.

Png Eng Huat may not be the kind of TOP people one would like to have in parliament but at least he is still a human being.

Yes, if you put Png Eng Huat side by side with Desmond Choo, Desmond Choo would win hands down. But as I have said, Politics is basically irrational to start with. I am not Yaw Shin Leong who could actually get himself to vote for PAP. The worst case scenario for me is to spoil my vote if a donkey is being nominated as opposition candidate.

But the fact is, if I didn't even spoil my vote in AMK GRC during GE2011, I don't have any reasons to ask people to spoil their vote in Hougang BE. Yes, Png may not be the right MP we are looking for but I believe after this BE, he will buck up and improve over time. Nothing is static.

Goh Meng Seng

Bad argument sir.
We can see very clearly from this BE that not only is Desmond much better cabdidate that Png, we can also see the stark contrast between the quality of PAP MPs and their substance verses WP MPs and their substance and philosophy.
Why feed a party that just don't get it and won't benefit Singaporeans? Why set a low standard for political parties for Singaporeans? When we endorse something sub-standard, it becomes acceptable and the norm over time.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad argument sir.
We can see very clearly from this BE that not only is Desmond much better cabdidate that Png, we can also see the stark contrast between the quality of PAP MPs and their substance verses WP MPs and their substance and philosophy.
Why feed a party that just don't get it and won't benefit Singaporeans? Why set a low standard for political parties for Singaporeans? When we endorse something sub-standard, it becomes acceptable and the norm over time.

Kinana why so incoherent? Agree Desmond is a good "Cabdidate" to drive cab, because all his Satanic "verses" are not getting anywhere

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
i agree with you on replacing sub-standard parties which do not perform or even lose track of their mission and responsibility for the citizens of Singapore. We need a fresh start. We need to change out what has been causing so much pain for the people of this nation for the past two decades. We should show it to them come 2016.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad argument sir.

Kinana

SHAME On you. You been talking NON STOP DAILY From the first day you join Sammyboy forum.

And now your REBUT skills is getting WEAKER and WEAKER.

If you want to Compare substance between Png Eng Huat + Desmond Choo ( Especially Last Night Rally )

Desmond Choo = Totally FAILED ! = Cried Baby Begging for more sympathy Votes.

Png Eng Huat = Talk like a real man even it is raining heavily.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If WP were to put GMS as candidate, there is absolute no way for PAP to make attack on integrity. Which opposition politician has the highest integrity? Needless to say...GMS. Perhaps someone should initiate a petition for LTK to reinstate GMS into WP... People here would agree with me that GMS wishes to be moved rather he moves.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thanks but no thanks.

WP people hate me to the core, you want me to go to a place to be backstabbed to death? Oh give me a break man! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

If WP were to put GMS as candidate, there is absolute no way for PAP to make attack on integrity. Which opposition politician has the highest integrity? Needless to say...GMS. Perhaps someone should initiate a petition for LTK to reinstate GMS into WP... People here would agree with me that GMS wishes to be moved rather he moves.