• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Landmark Stand by Hougang for all Singaporeans

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copy of an email from a Malay staff from People Association to grassroot leaders for particular constituency giving direction on transport pick-point at community centre and food parcels for a PAP Rally was posted on the net during the last GE.

It was obviously leaked by one of the grassroot leader or someone close to him. Not single govt official or PA staff came forward to explain. I have since come to know than an internal investigation was carried out.

I was conveninetly told that many wear 2 hats - PA staff as well as PAP member, and addressing a group made up of the same set-up and using the wrong email does occur occasionally. I laughed and the person who told me also laughed. However in this case, it was not the wrong email.
hahaha...the cockeral crows again...
taking something from the net and then trying to manipulate the situation.....arising from a mistake by a PA staff......lol.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
There has to be some kind of consolidation at some stage.
Politics is a winner takes all game. If WP continues to win seats, some of the smaller parties will go the way of the PKMS or Justice Party.

Does anyone even know what these parties stand for, apart from being anti-PAP?

Politics is winner takes all?....this ought to be the mother of all jokes,tell me it's a joke.

Politics is never meant to be such pal.It's all about how it deals with the institutionalized check and balance system.For simple mind,politicians do no have a liberty of their whims and fancies just because they are elected to govern for the next 5 years.Politicians are checked on each and every move..first in the parliament,than the institutions and above all the free press...the five pillars of democracy.

But I don't blame you because you have lived under the 1 party system for 50 yrs.And PAP had blurred the line between executive power and politicians.

Here is agood book on ..Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class by Jacob Harder.Read it .http://www.amazon.com/Winner-Take-All-Politics-Washington-Richer-Turned/dp/1416588698

A groundbreaking work that identifies the real culprit behind one of the great economic crimes of our time— the growing inequality of incomes between the vast majority of Americans and the richest of the rich.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you see anyone becomes a fugitive after GE2011?

They are many unsung heroes of course.

But if you really want to find out yourself,go on public and say something about the mysteries surrounding of Lee's fortunes.

You will find that out,I guarantee.

Last edited:

mrmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics is winner takes all?....this ought to be the mother of all jokes,tell me it's a joke.

Politics is never meant to be such pal.It's all about how it deals with the institutionalized check and balance system.For simple mind,politicians do no have a liberty of their whims and fancies just because they are elected to govern for the next 5 years.Politicians are checked on each and every move..first in the parliament,than the institutions and above all the free press...the five pillars of democracy.

But I don't blame you because you have lived under the 1 party system for 50 yrs.And PAP had blurred the line between executive power and politicians.

Here is agood book on ..Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class by Jacob Harder.Read it .http://www.amazon.com/Winner-Take-All-Politics-Washington-Richer-Turned/dp/1416588698

A groundbreaking work that identifies the real culprit behind one of the great economic crimes of our time— the growing inequality of incomes between the vast majority of Americans and the richest of the rich.

dude, I am telling you as it is here, not what it is meant to be........:smile:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has always feared LTK because he can rally the masses

Really har?..

Show me some evidences.

You have from 1991 to 2012.Lots of years.Show me how LTK ,alone,rallied masses.

You probably think sending videos to Obama, getting Human Rights Watch to publish an article, submitting letters to the WSJ and getting the IBA on your side will hurt the PAP. They don't. The voters don't care, they don't even know, and even if some do know, they can't be bothered.

And you probably thought quoting some WSJ here and there made you a noticeable pompous pricK?

Even Nobel laureates whom I came across,do not patronize like you.They are lot more humble.

Now,most with an iota of worldly affairs knows how the oval office operates;through professional lobbying.And PAP bankrolls the all powerful Jewish lobbyists.That's good enough for uncle Sam.Geddit?

Any opposition that is garnering steam will attract brickbats from both the PAP as well as other oppositions who know they will be sidelined unless they up their own game.

Brickbats ?....who are you kidding?

LKY is on record saying that he will bankrupt any opposition,if he consider them serious enough.

Some end up cooperating with the PAP to put down WP because clearly it is a common interest.

Show me the 'some' other than WP,who is cooperating with PAP?

Such behaviour however does nothing to advance politics. You either up your own game and become a better player, or you go down the "beggar thy neighbour" route and become a destructive force. The choice is yours.

Non sequitur!

You notice SDP supporters are no longer trying to portray WP as an approved opposition but in instead focussed on upping their game. That can only be good for singapore politics. Your are still stuck in a time warp, and that is why your postings on this genre are not gaining much traction. If you were active 3 years ago, TR and Wayang Party Club would have teamed up with you instantly and given you a microphone and a platform.

Non sequitur !

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....time to work for my idol and bump the thread......
i am beginning to enjoy it.......
1. To initiate an Independent Examination and Inquiry into the Accounts of Temasek and the conduct of its affairs since 1990. This will help all Singaporeans understand if management of state assets are up to par, nothing is hidden and any delay would not be too late to save this country.
hahaha....temasick holdings (although it is not listed) releases audited financial accounts each year....
Temasek is one of a few global firms with the highest corporate credit ratings by both Standard & Poor's and Moody's, of AAA and Aaa respectively....and also scored highly on transparency and corporate governance.
these are international ratings agencies.....but i think they never consult the cockeral beforehand......lol.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Friend, SPP is not with SDA anymore.

I would see SPP, SDA and RP as not very strong and they know it (SPP despite being in Parliament). Their potential maximum expansion would not put themselves in a 3-corner cross against PAP and WP. Hence, there is no need to heap unnecessary matters on their plate. For SPP, as long as they can find means to contest in BTP and PP (if it is still around), that is enough. 3 out of the 5 BTP candidates have left. For SDA, seems that only Desmond is left, and I suspect they might not even contest the next GE. For RP, some have left as well, and they would very much be focused on the west with KJ occasionally ranting.

The 2 parties that can field sizable candidates are SDP and NSP. SDP would like to maintain the focused non-PAP approach and image. NSP is a lot more confused, fragmented (in positions) and many targets are in the east like WP, so I expect more clashes between PAP, WP and NSP in years to come.

I know but at the moment, they are pretty much in the same situation. Chiam is getting older, his wife cannot inspire and lead save for the faithful and loyal supporters of PP/TPY Lor 8. Don't get me wrong, as much as i respect and admire Uncle Chiam, his political days are over and he really should take a good rest. He has done more than enough of a patriotic Singaporean and beyond for democracy here.

Despite the rantings of Bob Sim, i hope that SDP will win seats in the next GE and add a liberal-left flavour other than the centerist-left/right politics of PAP/WP. NSP accepts just about anybody it seems, even GMS and RP defectors. Let us see how long the convenient marriages can last of NSP/SDP with their former WP/RP members even if Tan Jee Say does not make a move.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...time to work for my idol and bump the thread.....

1. To allow every able bodied and qualified Singaporean of good mind and character to work for the greater good of the country without being displaced by cheap labour of questionable quality.
hahaha...this is another motherhood statement made from the bottom of a well.....
it is also barking the wrong tree....the issue is relevant to PMETs....
for workers in the nursing, service, marine and construction industries, it is not just pay alone........it is social stigma, harsh working conditions and long working hours....
Singaporean/PRs just simply want "easy job".....they want 8-5, 5 days work week, air cond environment, etc....
if u have relevant skills and aptitude.......the market is extremely short of these (singaporean/PRs) workers (foot/body therapists, manicurists, hair stylists; mechanics etc..etc...)...
these workers are choosing the employers....not the other way round.....
hence in short the PMETs segment will be most affected but definitely not every able bodied and qualified Singaporean of good mind and character.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great stuff - 1 to 10.

Gracias.gif

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...time to work for my idol and bump the thread.....
To initiate a Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry on why a well known corrupt police officer and a man who remained stateless for years due to his gangland activities for which he was detained are involved in campaigning for the PAP and therefore bringing disrepute to the institution of Parliament.
the cockeral crows again.....another cock statement....what to say????
if FS had campaigned for papeee....i am sure he will be derided for all sorts of indiscretions......when he joined the opps, he suddenly became a hero....
ts must be even more kuku than kukubird if he thinks that all the pple campaigning for the opps are angels.......lol.

Last edited: