• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is Png Eng Huat loses: Implications for GE2016 & WP

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
They are the ones who made ridiculous policies, by moving Malays and Indians out of their traditional areas, and thereafter claiming that they need GRC to ensure that the minorities are represented in Parliament.
Crap!

heheh... me think GMS must be very proud to face slam Michael Palmer at the CNA forum, was proud of him too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
I have contrarian view on this one.

It is not a bad thing for WP to lose Hougang:

2) Aljunied will be the last fort for WP and voters there will be pressed to vote WP in order to keep WP representatives in parliament. i.e. Victory assured in Aljunied and most probably, with higher margin if there isn't any 3 corner fight.

Goh Meng Seng

Your contrarian view points to two objectives:
1) Punish WP for denying GMS to stand in any constituency he wants.
2) Opposition should be satisfied with one GRC stronghold and increase in margin for this constituency.

In other words, WP you stand aside and let me GMS to try my luck in all the other constituencies I choose. This is not a contrarian view. It is a self-serving view.

Why don't you suggest to LHL - lose AMK GRC in order to galvanise PAP to win back all the other opposition held wards? Wouldn't that serve your purpose better?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
Don't anyhow say things like Png Eng Huat... it may just come back and haunt you later! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

You spend too much of your time with aliens and ghosts. But sometimes I wonder whether you are imagining things?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
Me is looking at the possibility of a Government made of proportional representation of the electorate's will. how else to make the government listen to the voices of her peoples is not through any NCMP scheme or NMP scheme. it is by voting these MIWs out.

MAJULAH, SINGAPURA, MAJULAH!

Proportional representation. I am with you on this one. Solve the problem of inequitable representation in parliament and also the minorities representation which can be set as a condition in the system.

I believe only through this when there is a fair representation of alternative voices will policies be implemented by the people' representatives and for the people, be it a PAP or an Opposition Government.

As national policies reflect the wishes of the people rather than that of political parties, it will give rise to a more stable political system controlling a stable economy. I don't think the normal Westminster system of SMCs is enough to provide the required volume of alternative voices in Parliament to make this possible.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
As national policies reflect the wishes of the people rather than that of political parties, it will give rise to a more stable political system controlling a stable economy.

at least we can get to see more referendums on how things will be run. we've rest our ability to control our lives in the hands of a few for far too long a time...

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For once, i agree with Mr Goh Seng Seng.
WP losing HC is not a bad thing.
it may be a blessing in disguise.
HC is a small see hum anyway, no big deal.
If lose, the ball will be push to PAP court.
let PAP handle the mess they created.

jw5

Loyal
heheh...
must be fair to GMS lah :p:p:p

bro, susu and goondu are really 2 types of goli lah. :p
susu is the white base coloured one with streaks of other colours, usually used for shooting.
goondu is the transparent type with only one colour instead of multicoloured.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, susu and goondu are really 2 types of goli lah. :p
susu is the white base coloured obe with streaks of other colours, usually used for shooting.
goondu is the transparent type with only one colour instead of multicoloured.

:biggrin:
then multi-colored one known as what?
what about those with extra or less 'leaves' inside the glass? the common ones are those with 4-5

jw5

Loyal
then multi-colored one known as what?
what about those with extra or less 'leaves' inside the glass? the common ones are those with 4-5

No special name that I'm aware of for multi coloured.
If extra or less leaves are of the same colour, it's still a goondu............... :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No special name that I'm aware of for multi coloured.
If extra or less leaves are of the same colour, it's still a goondu............... :wink:
thanks i cannot remember liao.
remembered i had a special 24 multi colored leaves one that i used as my shooter (normal ones only 4-5 leaves).....goondus are more sought after also.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Hardcore oppositions will vote for PEH/WP.
2. Hardcore propositions will blindly vote for the DC/PAP.
3. This message is for the moderates, though it would probably reach only a fraction of them in this forum.
:

Now that we are towards the closing of the polls, one of the thoughts that ran through the minds of many moderates is the concern on whether PEH will take on a flipflop stance when he make eventually make promises to the Hougang people (during the Meet the People Session), if he becomes their MP. If a non-event NCMP personal preference issue can become so muddy with dual positions, what more of mortal issues.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
20120526-0911-14000wp-9000pap.gif