• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Inside on Hougang

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Piang, you must be damn old - Cordon Bleu? Young people drink McCallen and other single malts.

Late last week, at a HFJ, a friend of mine said the same thing. Hougang would fall to the PAP. Placed a small bet with him. If PAP loses, he owes me a bottle of Cordon Bleu. I steady poon pi pi told him if WP loses, I open three bottles for him. Let's see. Effectively it's $398 vs $1194 bet.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah Piang, you must be damn old - Cordon Bleu? Young people drink McCallen and other single malts.

Old kau liao. Damn old I am not. Not always Cordon Bleu. Martell not bad too. McCallen is indeed popular. People in the 50s also lim this drink. The puzzling thing is, even without aggressive A&P, the drink is doing very well.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I never praised Pakatan. In fact a few months back I said Pakatan's divisions were even worse than our opposition, I can't be bothered to search for the exact posting.

Regardless, it is a fact that Malaysia has a Pakatan and that despite these overwhelming differences they managed to pull together a coordinated campaign and take down the 2/3 majority. It is also a fact that SG does not have a Pakatan, that the wrong people (TJS) are trying to create one, and that WP does not believe in a Pakatan. So the point is moot.

I have Pakatan members going around stabbing each other throats on MY facebook page, posting religiously inflammatory comments, being goaded by MCA to do so, etc, so don't sell me boiled eggs about the divided state of Pakatan. When I say SG has no Pakatan it is a simple statement of fact.

Moron.

I am an astute follower of Malaysian politics and keep track of the latest.Hence,when Thick Face Black Heart,mentioned the Pakatan(the Malaysian coalition of oppositions-PKR/PAS/DAP)...I merely do not want to embarrass him.His view is quite akin to a tourist in Singapoe as how a happy state of affairs of our multi race/religious/cultural indeed is.Only a Singaporean knows otherwise.

Now,Pakatan is a coalition already doomed to fail.It's a marriage of convenience of sort--where strange bedfellows sleep together.Whose conflicting ideology is already tearing them apart.Eg.PAS want an Islamic Hudud laws implemented the moment they capture power.Whereas DAP,a Chinese dominated party,is simply alarmed at the mere thought...it also alarms moderate Muslims.The only fact for a Pakatan's existence is Anwar Ibrahim.Anwar wants to a be PM at all cost and DAP & PAS playing along--and leveraging on Anwar factor.Not to mention Anwar factor is now hanging like a dead albatross around all opposition necks.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless, it is a fact that Malaysia has a Pakatan and that despite these overwhelming differences they managed to pull together a coordinated campaign and take down the 2/3 majority. It is also a fact that SG does not have a Pakatan, that the wrong people (TJS) are trying to create one, and that WP does not believe in a Pakatan. So the point is moot.

Moron.

Bro,not so simple lah.

The Malaysia GE2008 was historical not because of Pakatan,

It was because of the than PM Badawi's gross mishandling and total inefficiency.He slept through most of his parliament sittings which earned him the the nick name of "bodohwi'...Even Dr.Mahathir who held the No.1 in UMNO membership resigned in protest.Than the infighting among UMNO warlords and the infightings between UMNO,MCA and MIC.So much so their economy crawled.And the law and order in the country broke down.Where triads were partnering with police chief ,in businesses.

To tower it all,the HINDRF ,a protest,organized by Malaysian Indians who were seething because their temples were demolished for no reasons,...for the first time in the history of the Malaysia,like the people's power in the Philippines during Marcos,ordinary people took to the street in protest in massive numbers.Followed by the extreme police brutality.Which became a public knowledge telecast-ed on the youtube,all over the globe -to the horror of decent man and woman.The result?Indians who had traditionally voted for UMNO/MIC/MCA coalition,in GE 2008,for the first time in history-as one,the entire Malaysian Indians voted against BN....so much so that even Samy Veloo,the president of MIC for more than 20 years and a important cabinet minister whom even Dr.M dares not upset--lost to a novice in the GE2008.

And the fact the president of Gerakan--Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon,who traditionally ruled the Chinese majority Penang,lost to an Indian.

Such was the political tsunami of Malaysia's GE 2008.

Pakatan simply riode on the massive discontent.

Last edited:

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be very hard for WP to lose at Hougang even if they field a monkey there unless they did foolishly re-offer YSL to contest there.

Late last week, at a HFJ, a friend of mine said the same thing. Hougang would fall to the PAP. Placed a small bet with him. If PAP loses, he owes me a bottle of Cordon Bleu. I steady poon pi pi told him if WP loses, I open three bottles for him. Let's see. Effectively it's $398 vs $1194 bet.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OK, fair enough.

I take back the moron word.

Your post is good enough that I am willing to risk an infraction by quoting it wholesale.

Thanks.

Bro,not so simple lah.

The Malaysia GE2008 was historical not because of Pakatan,

It was because of the than PM Badawi's gross mishandling and total inefficiency.He slept through most of his parliament sittings which earned him the the nick name of "bodohwi'...Even Dr.Mahathir who held the No.1 in UMNO membership resigned in protest.Than the infighting among UMNO warlords and the infightings between UMNO,MCA and MIC.So much so their economy crawled.And the law and order in the country broke down.Where triads were partnering with police chief ,in businesses.

To tower it all,the HINDRF ,a protest,organized by Malaysian Indians who were seething because their temples were demolished for no reasons,...for the first time in the history of the Malaysia,like the people's power in the Philippines during Marcos,ordinary people took to the street in protest in massive numbers.Followed by the extreme police brutality.Which became a public knowledge telecast-ed on the youtube,all over the globe -to the horror of decent man and woman.The result?Indians who had traditionally voted for UMNO/MIC/MCA coalition,in GE 2008,for the first time in history-as one,the entire Malaysian Indians voted against BN....so much so that even Samy Veloo,the president of MIC for more than 20 years and a important cabinet minister whom even Dr.M dares not upset--lost to a novice in the GE2008.

And the fact the president of Gerakan--Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon,who traditionally ruled the Chinese majority Penang,lost to an Indian.

Such was the political tsunami of Malaysia's GE 2008.

Pakatan simply riode on the massive discontent.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think quoting text wholesale is not the problem, altho it is preferable not. It's when the quoted passage also contained pictures and videos again that it takes up more bytes, that's why you can get infracted.

OK, fair enough.

I take back the moron word.

Your post is good enough that I am willing to risk an infraction by quoting it wholesale.

Thanks.