• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Inside on Hougang

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure that many Singaporeans are aware that the PAP had long given up on Hougang. Well here is a bit of inside.

In April, the inner circle met and confirmed what their key tacticians have put together.

1) The re-taking of Aljunied will be the primary focus - in line with this 3 new grassroots were appointed. Denise Phua was sidelined and will no longer take part in further elections. The others from old Aljunied had already resigned to their fate.

2) Desmond will give token appearence at Hogang BE. He will be given a new safe seat in 2016. Main Party players will not be involved. To appease the PAP grassroots in Hougang, Party faithful and old timers will take a more prominent role, hence Peh's appearence.

3) Bolstering East Coast defences will commence in earnest. JC is a goner. MP to retire.

None of the above is news to those who followed the politics of PAP. What is interesting is that PAP genuinely feel that they are not ruling out a worst swing from the last GE and neither are they sure if the votes for WP will drop after Yawgate. What they have decided is not to provoke the electorate by making do or die. statements which they did in the past with PP. Nor will pork barrel politics entered into which was a surprise to many.

There is still a string rearguard actions from old timers who are pleased. They are appealing thru various channels. Lets see if they are get their way. i doubt it.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother [scroobal],

Thank you for the insight (and inside).

I hope they will not include Joo Chiat as part of a GRC. It is about time for JC to have a non-PAP MP, and probably same goes for Mountbatten.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vintage scroobal again!

Trust kukubird to suan him again..
trust GMS to share with us his unique insight on this as well...

Trust kanina to rush off checking with his bosses how to respond with his one liners...
then again, maybe he will continue his other persona of pretending to be a chistian and focussing on insinuations on low thia khiang's preminent leadership crisis...

Rusty, pls fuck her good good for bros here ok:cool:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you mean Cynthia Phua from the old Aljunied team? Denise Flip Flop Phua is an MP in M-K GRC, where GMS still believes he had lost a chance for glory.

I am sure that many Singaporeans are aware that the PAP had long given up on Hougang. Well here is a bit of inside.

In April, the inner circle met and confirmed what their key tacticians have put together.

1) The re-taking of Aljunied will be the primary focus - in line with this 3 new grassroots were appointed. Denise Phua was sidelined and will no longer take part in further elections. The others from old Aljunied had already resigned to their fate.

2) Desmond will give token appearence at Hogang BE. He will be given a new safe seat in 2016. Main Party players will not be involved. To appease the PAP grassroots in Hougang, Party faithful and old timers will take a more prominent role, hence Peh's appearence.

3) Bolstering East Coast defences will commence in earnest. JC is a goner. MP to retire.

None of the above is news to those who followed the politics of PAP. What is interesting is that PAP genuinely feel that they are not ruling out a worst swing from the last GE and neither are they sure if the votes for WP will drop after Yawgate. What they have decided is not to provoke the electorate by making do or die. statements which they did in the past with PP. Nor will pork barrel politics entered into which was a surprise to many.

There is still a string rearguard actions from old timers who are pleased. They are appealing thru various channels. Lets see if they are get their way. i doubt it.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...this is not suaning hor....this is conclusion of what was writen........got say like no say.......lol.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Noted yours bro, let this humble 'analslist' (anal sex realist) offer his two cents worth

1. Aljunied despite a swing vote of 19,000 towards WP in GE 2011 can easily swing back to PAP in 2016. Aljunied GRC was the litmus test and benchmark for politics in Singapore. It is up to the WP to get their act together and convince the same group of voters why they should be voted in again. A chance was given to them and it is up to them to grab and use this chance very carefully.

2. I have friends who tells me Hougang will be lost to PAP in this BE, i just smile and say 'we'll see'. Everyone has their own opinions but the fact remains it is a WP stronghold and it will continue to be. For the naysayers, i'll just tell you politely as i told my friends - 'We'll see'

3. East Coast GRC and Tampines GRC are the next two to be watch GRCs. A 3 corner fight between WP/PAP/NSP may be in the works? I have no idea, we'll see. Marine Parade GRC despite its proximity to Aljunied GRC probably won't be contested by WP at the next GE i think, WP have no presence there at the moment.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why should WP deliberately provoke a 3 corner fight?...pls explain.

My reckoning is that they see the half-man known as Mah Bow Tan and his team's 'popularity' in Tampines GRC and that it should go for it where NSP had failed. And a similar tit-for-tat should happen in East Coast GRC if WP decides to contest in Tampines GRC. Let all three put their best locomotives in coming in from all directions and see whose train emerges the strongest in this case.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
My reckoning is that they see the half-man known as Mah Bow Tan and his team's 'popularity' in Tampines GRC and that it should go for it where NSP had failed. And a similar tit-for-tat should happen in East Coast GRC if WP decides to contest in Tampines GRC. Let all three put their best locomotives in coming in from all directions and see whose train emerges the strongest in this case.

Bro,the logic defies me.

Suppose say,in GE 2011 another opposition party also contest in Aljunied GRC by the mere fact that WP failed in GE2006...is that a good enough reason?

Frankly,WKS is much less a man than half a man Mah.But still Chiam failed and WKS won.

As you know,in any 3 corner fight...PAP wins by the sheer fact of being the incumbent continuously for 50 odd years.

Why should WP,as an opposition,helps PAP to win by pitching for a 3 corner fight?

I fail to follow your logic.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro,the logic defies me.

Suppose say,in GE 2011 another opposition party also contest in Aljunied GRC by the mere fact that WP failed in GE2006...is that a good enough reason?

Frankly,WKS is much less a man than half a man Mah.But still Chiam failed and WKS won.

As you know,in any 3 corner fight...PAP wins by the sheer fact of being the incumbent continuously for 50 odd years.

Why should WP,as an opposition,helps PAP to win by pitching for a 3 corner fight?

I fail to follow your logic.

At this moment here, this is all speculation on what might happen and what might not happen.

If NSP wants to contest Aljunied GRC too, i don't see why not?

Please don't ask me questions that even a 3 year old can answer. We both can see and understand the ambitions of the WP - to grow and to challenge the PAP. We also can see that they are not going to play well with others in the near future, they won a GRC and defended Hougang while the rest can only suck on their thumbs last year. Holding on to Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC in GE 2016 certainly won't help the party grow, fortune favors the bold. You are not as dumb as the other trolls like kanina SKponggol, so why ask the obvious? :cool:

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
so why ask the obvious? :cool:

Because it corroborates with Goh Meng Seng stand all this while in this forum.That WP is cherry picking and hitch hiking on the labor of other opposition parties...and of course,riding on the wave of anti PAP sentiments only.

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charles Chong was my previous MP. I'm surprise at the quality of the MPs that PAP had managed to get. I guess their circle of contacts are not that wide.

Another joker would be Ang Wei Neng. He was an outcast when he was in the police and has little friends.

thanks for interesting info scroobal.

pap thinks that jc is a goner? no strategy to try to absorb it into mp grc? i must say that i think charles chong is the luckiest pap prick in the last GE.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because it corroborates with Goh Meng Seng stand all this while in this forum.That WP is cherry picking and hitch hiking on the labor of other opposition parties...and of course,riding on the wave of anti PAP sentiments only.

GMS and YSL both have something in common, their egoes are too big for their own good. You need not be as smart as Einstein or Telsa to figure out where they are both going - South of the compass.

That's politics btw, an means to an end. I'm not some angry EDMW or Stomper who gets angry at a Chinaman being too fast, too furious and too dead. I can see how this game is played and hence i have rejected calls to be a member of any party. Hell i'm even going to join PA soon just to get that rubbish 'Grassroot Leader' card.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what i wish to see happen in the run up to next GE is something like bersih, arab spring and the likes....

in reality what will happen is like what will happen every GE.....lots of hope and anticipation in the run up then end up status quo.....
opposition will take another 1 SMC or even 1 more GRC....the 39.9% will be happy like fuck....
everyone will have to endure to be screwed daily again while kpkb blaming the 60.1% for the chance gone by and hope for better outcome come GE 2021.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS and YSL both have something in common, their egoes are too big for their own good. You need not be as smart as Einstein or Telsa to figure out where they are both going - South of the compass.

Oh,yes.We certainly need not much of grey matters since we are not running a political shop.

But LTK/WP picked both GMS and Yaw as his A team.Otherwise we need not know that both ever existed.Are you implying that LTK have not much of grey matters?

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong on a few counts.

1. Denise Phua was never part of Aljunied GRC. But I guess you meant Cynthia Phua.
2. Main party player was involved - 1ASG Teo Chee Hean. In previous by-elections (other than Marine Parade 1992), the campaign team was led by only an Organising Secretary.
3. JC was thought to be a goner. Charles Chong who was to retire (and who, contrary to what Chew Cheng claims, was fairly strong in his division in Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC) was called in to save the day. He did and may therefore not retire.
5. WP may have committed a colossal blunder by fielding a colourless Png Eng Huat. They may have had better luck with Eric (whom they pissed of), Ah Poh or even Koh Choong Yong. Fielding Ah Poh is going to put Hougang at risk in 2016.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh,yes.We certainly need not much of grey matters since we are not running a political shop.

But LTK/WP picked both GMS and Yaw as his A team.Otherwise we need know both ever existed.Are you implying that LTK have not much of grey matters?

I imply shit, if you care to remember in 2006 these were the very few younger candidates who were not of JBJ's entourage and clique to stand in the GE 2006. They were seen as 'better' due to their younger age and academic qualifications vis-a-vis the older blue collar party members. That said, having a NUS honors degree means you probably can order much more articulately in McDonalds than anybody else and that is probably about it.