• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Png Eng Huat's faux pas could prove costly to his campaign

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should just focus on the party's talking points, and stop shooting himself in the foot. What seems to be clear-cut victory for WP may turn out to be an upset if Png and the party's leaders continue to mishandle their campaign. The margin is very much narrower than initially anticipated.

http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=7613

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't really agree. The impact on voters will not be really much as there's more important stuff on their minds.

I mean, who the hell cares whether Png was not on the ballot, or Png was on the ballot but had asked CEC members to refrain from voting for him.

You could call it flip flop like what PAP has done on Facebook, but that's just stretching things.

Png already wrote to ST even before 2011 explaining his stand AGAINST the NCMP scheme. Like what Siew Cum Hong said, this proves that Png's response to TCH was not a manufactured response.

Png received one token vote, from a member of the CEC who thought that he should be given some recognition. If he had not received that one vote, his name would not even be in the minutes.

A storm in a teacup.

WP should not even have responded to TCH but just move on to other issues. TCH is a petty arse who just go around digging little petty issues to distract voters.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
What seems to be clear-cut victory for WP may turn out to be an upset if Png and the party's leaders continue to mishandle their campaign. The margin is very much narrower than initially anticipated.

I beg to differ.We are not in a matured democracy where the fence sitters decide the outcome of elections.We are talking about Teochew dominated SMC.....they will not be swayed by all these revelations.Even if say,LTK were to be exposed to have a mistress with couple of offspring.In the eyes of Hougang SMC they are simply voting for LTK.Period.

But all that is revealed in the heat of this BE is gonna blow up on WP face big time in the near future.Not only WP has to shed it's racist image but also the incompetency within it's leadership....or risk becoming the biggest liability to all the opposition .

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Png already wrote to ST even before 2011 explaining his stand AGAINST the NCMP scheme. Like what Siew Cum Hong said, this proves that Png's response to TCH was not a manufactured response.

WP should not even have responded to TCH but just move on to other issues. TCH is a petty arse who just go around digging little petty issues to distract voters.

Coming from a DPM makes it worse. If any of the many useless PAP MPs made that comment, still pardonable but a DPM? Better not have a major crisis. TCH won't be able to handle.

Btw, he messed up MOE. Feedback from my teacher friends who commented well on Tharman and HSK.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Feedback from my teacher friends who commented well on Tharman and HSK.

me heard Tharman did really well in MOE, agree.
HSK... too early to see. LSG just mooted the idea of values education not too long ago before HSK picked up the tab of Minister for Education.
me is old school, strongly adhere to the notion that values are caught, not taught. :o:o:o

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me heard Tharman did really well in MOE, agree.
HSK... too early to see. LSG just mooted the idea of values education not too long ago before HSK picked up the tab of Minister for Education.
me is old school, strongly adhere to the notion that values are caught, not taught. :o:o:o

really? I don't know if that egghead did well or not. But what i did know, he insisted everyone to address by his full name, yes, his full name not just Mr Tharman, everytime. Think already, my tongue cramp.

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming from a DPM makes it worse. If any of the many useless PAP MPs made that comment, still pardonable but a DPM? Better not have a major crisis. TCH won't be able to handle.

Btw, he messed up MOE. Feedback from my teacher friends who commented well on Tharman and HSK.

After he went into MOE, many elder teachers expedited their retirement (forced or otherwise, need to find out). And the whole institution stank of ranking.