• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High Court Justice Quentin Loh cleared Uncle Yap of illegal assembly

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, uncle yap manage to argue successfully... congratulations

Activist cleared of being part of illegal assembly

By SELINA LUM

The High Court on Monday cleared a political activist known online as 'Uncle Yap' of being part of an illegal National Day assembly at Toa Payoh in 2008.

Giving his verdict on Monday, Justice Quentin Loh said the presence of Mr Yap Keng Ho, 49, at the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) event did not amount to his participation in it.

Mr Yap, with five SDP members, was found guilty of being in an assembly without a permit, and fined between $900 and $1,000 in 2010.

They appealed to the High Court against the convictions and sentences last year.

Background story

Although he had shouted the words 'tak boleh tahan' twice, Justice Loh said there was a difference between participating in and supporting the campaign. Mr Yap's appeal was thus allowed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_801540.html

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya...

sap sap soy lah...

i already went for one week Changi Resort vacation for this one although i knew will win appeal ::smile:

since i win can award me with one more week vacation or not... pondering...

:biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well Done Uncle Yap..

Victory for Uncle Yap is like a middle finger being shown towards the Pappy Scums..

Uncle Yap ,next time try to wear a Sammyboy shirt when you feel like shouting '' tak boleh tahan '' again in public..

Uncle Yap All the Way..!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't have been arrested and thereafter charged in the first place. AGC may have to take the responsibility for this. Don't need a High Ct judge to point out the very obvious.