• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The mind behind those 60% voters

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always been interested in the composition of the 60%.
Generally, it could be made up of the following:

1. friends and family of the miws
2. people who really believe they are doing a good job - some of these end up being grassroot leaders or volunteers
3. people who think they can get some benefits by helping them - some of these also end up being grassroot leaders or volunteers
4. people who think it is in their best interests to support them - could include pensioners, civil servants, those working in glcs or stat boards
5. people who have benefitted from them or currently benefit from supporting them - includes rich and elites like business people, corporate bigwigs, those from wealthy families including ah sia kias, etc
6. people who are actually struggling but fear that things will get even worse if pap is not around
7. people who have been brainwashed, or been intimidated or cowered into fear by their scare tactics
8. sycophants, yes men, silly followers who simply follow the herd or majority, not due to fear but simply follow the wave
9. idiots and morons
10. people who simply hate opposition or specific opposition members for whatever reason

please add on if u have other categories.

Very comprehensive. Nothing to add, your honour.

jw5

Loyal
So why are the 60% continue to give PAP the blind supports when they are at the losing end from PAP power?

Some don't realise that they are at the losing end or have been intimidated or influenced into thinking they are not.
Others realise that they are at the losing end but somehow, believe that they will lose even more if there is no pap.
There are also a few groups who actually benefit from pap rule.

jw5

Loyal
then which group of these are the hardcore PAP supporters and what's the base percentage? perhaps should rephrase the question as finding out the following:
% of the moderate PAP supporters
% of those who supports PAP due to its contributions in the past, i.e the % of the loyalists
% of those porlumpars

We will never know these percentages.
Even the % of males and females or % of young and old which I made a wild guess, will never be
formally statistically evaluated and made public. Well, at least not made public anyway.

For the % that u are asking, it could possibly be 20:20:20 for moderates:loyalists:Porlumpars. (total 60)
That means that actually at any GE, the opposition could win the majority if only they knew who to
try and influence or convince.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
@jw5

You sure 60% got minds?

That's actually the most important point I was trying to make.
Many of the 60% vote that way because it benefits or suits them.
Not all have been intimidated, or are fearful or are hoping to get remote future benefits.
Note that there was only one category for idiots and morons #9.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
For the % that u are asking, it could possibly be 20:20:20 for moderates:loyalists:Porlumpars. (total 60)
That means that actually at any GE, the opposition could win the majority if only they knew who to try and influence or convince.

hmm... agree that the opposition must know whose vote to woo... but me suspect the ratio to be 30:20:10 as moderates, loyalists and porlumpars respectively. saw the comparison between the lukewarm response given to choochoo train vs the ah peks & ah mm waving to the WP lorry earlier, me think the percentages could be non-reflective of the situation in Hougang.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you guys are forgetting a large number of people that do want an opposition presence in parliament, but have been put in a constituency with opposition candidates that totally cannot make it.

jw5

Loyal
hmm... agree that the opposition must know whose vote to woo... but me suspect the ratio to be 30:20:10 as moderates, loyalists and porlumpars respectively. saw the comparison between the lukewarm response given to choochoo train vs the ah peks & ah mm waving to the WP lorry earlier, me think the percentages could be non-reflective of the situation in Hougang.

don't forget that there will be moderates in the 40% of opposition voters too.
that's the reason why I think the % of moderates in the 60% is 20 and not 30.
also don't under-estimate the might and will of the porlumpars..........................

jw5

Loyal
I think you guys are forgetting a large number of people that do want an opposition presence in parliament, but have been put in a constituency with opposition candidates that totally cannot make it.

I agree that this is another category of voters in the 60%, thanks.........................

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
also don't under-estimate the might and will of the porlumpars...

heheh... me would never underestimate the might of these porlumpars, saw them in action just now at Hougang kopitiam. :eek::eek::eek:
for a while me thought the moderates falls on the high side, else TCB wouldn't be able to secure such high votes in the last PE :o:o:o

jw5

Loyal
for a while me thought the moderates falls on the high side, else TCB wouldn't be able to secure such high votes in the last PE :o:o:o

precisely bro, he got moderate votes from both sides.................. :smile: