• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IF BE is about national issues where does foreigners figure WP?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not an attack on WP.

I have indeed started a thread that for the sake of the Teochews of Hougang indomitable and independent spirit bearing the brunt of PAP...anyone except PAP deserves to win.

But this question still lingers in my mind.

If WP claims that this BE is not a local thingy as PAP had painted but indeed an agenda on national issues why not a word about foreigners flooding Singapore was ever mentioned in the BE rally?

I am subject to corrections,of course,since I did not stay long enough to hear every speeches made in the WP BE rally held yesterday.

But the point being,WP speakers took their time to badmouth about MRT lar,cost of living lar,HDB exorbitant prices lar and etc etc.But never a word about PAP's foreigners first policy.It's almost like missing the forest for the wood.

Everything WP speakers spoke about has it's root cause and as it's mother in PAP FT policy.

Where is WP stand on foreigners?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the thread I wrote even before BE declared as why I want WP to win Hougang once again.

We still have that little bit of democracy left because of the good people of Hougang
Yes,only for that reason,I think WP should win Hougang SMC.

Not because of WP,not because of Low----because the brave people of Hougang had steadily stood the onslaught of PAP against all odds...I salute the indomitable spirit of Teochews ---(Throughout the dawn of humankind,even before the time of antiquity, from days ancient to present with ,each setting sun and rising moon, has mankind doggedly struggled, in staunch and steadfast ways ,to strive for the invincible, achieve the undefeatable, with spirit so fierce, so stubborn often culminating in the near impossible--Herbert Holzbauer)

Me thinks,Low & Sylvia Lim had sold their soul to the devil.

It doesn't matter what the percentage of votes will be.

Because WP despite having three trained lawyers,one of whom is a Rhodes Scholar,in our parliament as our MPs---performed pathetically at most crucial time---over a debate about the obscene salaries of PAP ministers.So what difference is another WP MP gonna make in our pseudo parliament except to draw a fat MP salary like other part-time PAP MPs?

I have lost confidence both in PAP & WP.Both merely maintaining the status quo.

But the brave people of Singapore deserves better;at least the 40% who stood against the tyranny of PAP.

Many examples in times earlier
are unrecorded, unknown to us
we can only speculate, as we see
evidence of great events unexplainable.
More currently we know of
extraordinary stamina by such as
the discoverer of the North Pole,
followed by the tenacious persistence of
another to reach its Southern counterpart.
Patience, curiosity, perseverance
resulted in the Special Theory of Relativity,
while a severe attack of polio
led to an unyielding determination
by a person of fame to overcome.

Great was the fortitude of the aviator
on the first solo non stop flight across
the Atlantic, while within five years thereafter
a courageous woman repeated that very feat.
With tremendous resolve did a famous
mountaineer, together with his guide,
ascend the summit of the Roof of the World,
while nine years later our first astronaut
with unbelievable determination, endurance
rode Friendship 7 into orbit mimicking the sun.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
If WP claims that this BE is not a local thingy as PAP had painted but indeed an agenda on national issues why not a word about foreigners flooding Singapore was ever mentioned in the BE rally?
Malay MP, Faisal did speak on the foreign influx issue.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the input.Perhaps I was not there when spoken.

Notwithstanding,don't you think this PAP flooding Singapore with foreigners is the No 1 issue ,encompassing all our national issues?

In fact,not a day pass by without people like you and me bitching about it?

How did this escaped the biggies within WP?....or should it ever since they made this BE a national issue?

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes MP Mr Fasal Manap did mentioned about it..

Mr Yee Jenn Jong also mentioned about the many numbers of Foreign scholars being given scholarships by the PAP especially those scholars from India and China..

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
Thanks for the input.Perhaps I was not there when spoken.

Notwithstanding,don't you think this PAP flooding Singapore with foreigners is the No 1 issue ,encompassing all our national issues?

In fact,not a day pass by without people like you and me bitching about it?

How did this escaped the biggies within WP?....or should it ever since they made this BE a national issue?

This is only the first rally. Didn't you see they split up the issues among all of their speakers. Faisal, incidentally, spoke on FT issue in the Malay part of his speech as the impact of this is more keenly felt for the Malays and I believe you were still there. LTK's focus was on Png's candidacy. SL's speech was on the importance and courage of HG constituents. Pritam on the impropriety of past PAP MPs. All in all, each speaker hit the target assigned to him/her. Unlike in the PAP, the concept of bigwig and small fry is not practised as much.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes MP Mr Fasal Manap did mentioned about it..

Mr Yee Jenn Jong also mentioned about the many numbers of Foreign scholars being given scholarships by the PAP especially those scholars from India and China..

The point being foreigner's issue is not merely an issue amongst the many...to be buried.

It takes the center stage....in the perspective of national issue.You of all the people should know that better.

Even if some WP speakers in the rally did made some mention than it's just a passing remark of sorts.Just like our prostitutes press aka SPH obfuscating .See today's ST.Pritam's speeh was in response to Khaw's which made the head lines.SPH simply cannot avoid reporting it.But it did in 2 sentences taking the sting away....while Pritam devoted his entire speech to counter Khaw's.

In that respect WP is no better than SPH in obfuscation.Yet,we only call the SPH as Bradell brothel.

Likewise,WP cannot make only a passing remark about foreigners if it's agenda is indeed about nation issues.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
TFaisal, incidentally, spoke on FT issue in the Malay part of his speech as the impact of this is more keenly felt for the Malays

Bro,if you really believe that foreigners flooding Singapore is a greater Malay issue than affecting the rest of us Singaporeans and therefore such issue is addressed in Malay language by WP leadership.....than I am simply lost for words.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
Bro,if you really believe that foreigners flooding Singapore is a greater Malay issue than affecting the rest of us Singaporeans and therefore such issue is addressed in Malay language by WP leadership.....than I am simply lost for words.

How do you know it will only be for the Malay audience? Have patience my friend. But I turn this question around. Do you think the foreigners issue is the biggest issue? Don't answer on behalf of WP. Answer for yourself.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok good. Talk to your PAP masters if you are really sure.

There is a disconnect in the flow of your argument.You argued FT issues were raised in the BE rally by a Malay in Malay for the disenchanted Malays...than you argued that the targeted audiences are much more than Malays.How is beyond me since 98% of audiences were Chinese--most likely Teochews.And you ask me not to speak on behalf of WP !....boy,did I ever?

I believe you have a psychiatrist friend.Why don't you see him today?A friendly advice.:smile:

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,yes and yes....did I say yes?Oh ! I did..yes.

have to disagree with you. the number 1 issue is CPF. please restore back plus interest as what mr loong promised when he cut. don't make promise if you can't keep. can't keep somemore wanna make more promise machiam writing one bad cheque after another.

second. stop raising CPF minimum sum. if PAP so rich as to loan $$ to IMF, dump more $$ to patch holes in the sovereign fund, then there is no need to grab all these hard earn blood money in the manner of robbing peter to pay paul.

thirdly, stop controlling us and restricting our investment of CPF. as if their own soveriegn funds have so much confidence in the local bourse... yet diverting all the funds in countries which has more opportunities only to report massive losses. sorry to digress, but the lousy few % of interest rate by CPF board is not enough to cover the inflation. please don't pacifier and pretend to nanny us, as if the few ahpek hanging around PRC aunties is example of unable to manage $. the expensive management in these soveriegn funds does not have an impressive record either. why not just close off the soveriegn fund instead. afterall, one does not need to stretch his or her imagination that either way, a fool and his money soon part. you cannot handle the cpf return it back to us.

bottomline: CPF CPF CPF.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
have to disagree with you. the number 1 issue is CPF.
bottomline: CPF CPF CPF.

There are issues and murky issues.As well as related issues.The real issue is PAP...and everything is related to that issue.Foreigners occupying us like locusts is a life and death issue of PAP creation...or for any species for that matter let alone economy.It's not just a emotional issue that goes away if CPF issue is resolved.Even if you can en-cash all your CPF tomorrow,what good is it except that you can finance your escape to another nation?while our country is continuously being swarmed and occupied by foreign locusts?

in order to keep the CPF issue burning, we must own our nation first.What if by GE2016 you are turned into minority voters and foreigners become the majority voters?Than the CPF issue becomes a non-issue?