• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My impression of WP's BE rally today.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bro,

on the last, I think it is 16th floor?

the highest was 16th, 15th storey had some potted plants there, was moving around 13th thru' 15th storey to catch a good view. thought that the 16th storey had media personnel stationed there, so didn't stay for long.

Elite Killer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was there... not for politics or WP speeches but to spy and snap pigtures of PAP doggies / spies. :biggrin:

Last edited:
B

Baluku

Awesome speeches!

I watched every single one of them.

Still as good as last GE2011.

My election mood has return once again.

Nice gook is not a singaporean because some speakers do not resonate with him

Last edited by a moderator:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cunnilaubu said:
Honestly, I can't find any problem with both PS' & CSM's speeches while at the rally and had the same conclusion after watching the video.

Same here. CSM is more natural as a Mandarin speaker with greater audience rapport.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here. CSM is more natural as a Mandarin speaker with greater audience rapport.

I agree with you and cunnilaubu. Don't see anything wrong with PS & CSM speeches. In fact, I thought PS was pretty good, hitting hard back at PAP, with every punch hitting its target in particular at that scheming Khaw BW. Png came across as a very sincere guy but at same time would not be scared to stand up to the PAP if he gets into parliament.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw a Malay chap who used to be a Sispec trainee together with me years back.. Thought he came there to support the WP, but turned out he was on duty as a plainclothes poodle together with his other fellow officers.. You can identify these chaps easily.. They wore ear pieces, some in bermudas and slippers.. Some even waving the WP mini flags to blend with the rally goers.. 2 WP supporters in front of me, a Malay and an elderly Chinese Uncle were monitored by these poodles without them realising it.. They caught the attention of these poodles because of their loud shouting of the WP chant.. I find the actions of these poodles too over zealous...

Pritam impressed me with his speech.. He was on fire tonite when he attacked the past PAP Ministers and MPs.. He fired his last bullet especially for Choo Wee Khiang.. Desmond Choo must be feeling abit uncomfortable tonite.. Overall a good rally by the WP..

Bro, you should have invited me to attend with you. I will skip those with earpieces and point out to you the undercover officers. I can smell them! I will probably meet several of my ex-colleagues too.

Agree with you on PS. Enjoyed his attack on the MIWs. Sadly, he gave examples of the OVERT cases. Impact can never compare with the COVERT ones, especially those in the past decade - scandals, extra marital affairs, CPIB probe etc. Maybe, just maybe, Ah Low should invite me upstage. After I am done, sure a thrashing for Desmond Choo! Even Lionel the Dog will runroad.

YSL? Who the hell is he compared to his "seniors" in the MIW? YSL is just a novice compared to the YSLs in the PAP.

Inviting me, bro?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's always interesting watching election rallies. On hot buttons, only Pritam took the approach on character flaws. The hammer is wise not overplaying the subject. While Gerald play up a national issue on transport, the MRT hiccups, it'll better if someone also play up the issue on immigration control. Overall I would say this first rally is pretty well orchestrated, charisma aside.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you should have invited me to attend with you. I will skip those with earpieces and point out to you the undercover officers. I can smell them! I will probably meet several of my ex-colleagues too.

Agree with you on PS. Enjoyed his attack on the MIWs. Sadly, he gave examples of the OVERT cases. Impact can never compare with the COVERT ones, especially those in the past decade - scandals, extra marital affairs, CPIB probe etc. Maybe, just maybe, Ah Low should invite me upstage. After I am done, sure a thrashing for Desmond Choo! Even Lionel the Dog will runroad.

YSL? Who the hell is he compared to his "seniors" in the MIW? YSL is just a novice compared to the YSLs in the PAP.

Inviting me, bro?

Hello Brother [GoldenDragon],

Are you serious that you wish to volunteer to get on the stage as a guest speaker?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Inviting me, bro?

There was this balding man in his 40s wearing a black Polo Tee, jeans, and slippers.. Looks like the typical guy that you would see lining up at a 4D outlet to place his bets.. Very yaya, talked so loudly on his Hp using his ear piece telling his fellow officers to keep an eye on the WP supporter who was playing the drum.. I overheard him repeatedly telling someone on his Hp to '' capture his picture.. Yes the guy with the drum ..'' Many people at the rally kept on looking at him..

Btw Uncle GD, if Mr Low invite you on stage for the next WP rally then pls inform us earlier hor..

I'll prepare a Sammyboy Banner and be the first to go on stage to garland you with flowers..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'll prepare a Sammyboy Banner and be the first to go on stage to garland you with flowers..

always thought bro GD only hang flowers, imagine him on the receiving end... quite a sight to behold :p:p:p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
concur with you that folks came from many parts of Singapore, spoke to a few, some came as far as woodlands. was moving around a fair bit myself, went up to blk 837, think the crowd could compare with that of GE06.

Please remember. This is a BE. In a GE, more people are naturally interested to attend a rally because they need to vote. In a BE, most people are not eligible to vote and may just stay away because of this.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
always thought bro GD only hang flowers, imagine him on the receiving end... quite a sight to behold :p:p:p

An old Uncle infront of me was shouting '' PAP kayu '' relentlessly at the rally last nite.. Quite a sight to see an old guy so pumped up..:biggrin:

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM's delivery in Mandarin is well-paced and spoken like a seasoned politician. He cannot be like a Taiwanese politician at a rally talk, he is more of a Ma YJ-styled of speaking - which many would enjoyed hearing.

This Aljunied team is indeed the strongest one since the ChengSan team, and more refined. I find it interesting how PAP will contest in Aljunied in the next GE - send a senior minister and risk losing it, or put in 4 mid-class candidate and try?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In a BE, most people are not eligible to vote and may just stay away because of this.

thought it reflected the growing amount of dissent on the ground, even saw a number of young chaps whom would be first-time voters in the next GE coming to the rally site to listen to the rally.

the PAP must be shitting in their pants now :p:p:p