• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore dramatically exposed with a stunning 60%-plus of GDP tied up in Eurobanks.

TianMen1

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTML:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/why-stability-stalwart-singapore-should-be-scared-if-feta-truly-accompli

"Singapore dramatically exposed with a stunning 60%-plus of GDP tied up in European bank claims."

sgdead.GIF

Now u know why LKY was going around telling pple to buy Euroland debt.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore dramatically exposed with a stunning 60%-plus of GDP tied up in Euroban

HTML:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/why-stability-stalwart-singapore-should-be-scared-if-feta-truly-accompli

"Singapore dramatically exposed with a stunning 60%-plus of GDP tied up in European bank claims."

View attachment 4873

Now u know why LKY was going around telling pple to buy Euroland debt.

This is shocking and scary if it is really true!!!! If the Eurozone fails, we might just go bankrupt!

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore dramatically exposed with a stunning 60%-plus of GDP tied up in Euroban

Now your know no one is to be trusted, except yourself.
I am surprised sinkies still like to put all their eggs in one basket.
E.g voting for a one party rule. Putting all their savings in one bank.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

can start singing this song by the Everly Brothers...

Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry

Bye bye love
Bye bye sweet caress
Hello emptiness
I feel like I could die
Bye bye my love goodbye

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is shocking and scary if it is really true!!!! If the Eurozone fails, we might just go bankrupt!

I wish it is true
because there isn't any opposition party to pull us thru'
It is not because they are weak
It is because the people had been tweaked
PAP thinks they are strong
but I hope one day mother nature can prove them wrong
Floods and traffic jams
MRT breakdowns all they can

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

If true, is it a one-off 60% hit on the GDP in the particular year or recurring effects on the GDP thereafter:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now your know no one is to be trusted, except yourself.
I am surprised sinkies still like to put all their eggs in one basket.
E.g voting for a one party rule. Putting all their savings in one bank.

and bending over allowing to be 'fark' day in & out, that is the 60% and they are loving it!! there is no check & balances.:p

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Damn all those welfare Euro states!

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aren't you disgusted with yourself? I mean deep down aren't you ashamed that you are doing this? Or is this fun for you? Welfare states be damned but more reviling are those states, like Singapore, that condemn their social welfare polices yet invest in their currency without any moral.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is welfare for the rich which caused this. If the rich has decided that EU should not introduce the Euro, non of this would have happened.

Also, why did the rich think that the govt loans are risk free and pile on debts.

Welfare for the rich when govts bail out the banks when they are broke, but the rich get to keep the profit when banks make money.

Greece is reporting a budget surplus (austerity is working!) but the interests on its debts killed the economy further.

Blame it on the welfare states, protecting the RICH 1% !

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is welfare for the rich which caused this. If the rich has decided that EU should not introduce the Euro, non of this would have happened.

Also, why did the rich think that the govt loans are risk free and pile on debts.

Welfare for the rich when govts bail out the banks when they are broke, but the rich get to keep the profit when banks make money.

Greece is reporting a budget surplus (austerity is working!) but the interests on its debts killed the economy further.

Its teh welfare for everybody that did it, not just for the rich. The rich don't need welfare anyway.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

IMHO bangladesh country is suitable for you Kinana Boy :wink:

Don't kong Jiao Wei Okay ? You are NOT in politics nor Finance.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blame it on the inefficiency of Greek workers. They work harder than the lazy Germans and yet it's the Germans who are richer. Blame should be apportioned to the Greek government too when they colluded with Wall Street (notably Goldman Sachs) to borrow recklessly using complex derivatives that even bankers themselves don't understand while maintaining a facade of fiscal prudence. Quixotism is a natural accompaniment to greed. :(

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its teh welfare for everybody that did it, not just for the rich. The rich don't need welfare anyway.

Which country has a public debt of 100.79% of GDP? Anti-welfare Singapore or the quintessential welfare state, Sweden? If I were you, I would stop embarrassing myself :rolleyes:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

apparently, all the scholars ever know is syphoning $ from the electorates, dumping the $ in toxic investments, and when they lose $, they say its for loooooooooong term investments. and in the meantime, syphon more $ from the electorates to repeat the same process over & over.

and at the slightest improvements of the sunken investments, they claim they did the right thing, and give themselves fat bonuses

TianMen1

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/google-shows-why-status-quo-powers-be-should-be-scared-very-scared?page=1

The volume of searches for the phrase 'Bank Run' has just hit an all-time high - higher now than even during the peak of the Lehman Brothers 'moment'. While English dominates the language choices, the Europeans (Dutch, Germans, and French) are extremely 'interested' as are the Chinese...but it appears the Singaporeans are running the most scared (as we noted here) is perhaps not surprising,

TianMen1

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/2012/03/16/lee-kuan-yew-euro-debt-might-be-a-good-buy-after-all/

“Now is a good time to invest in distressed and undervalued European assets, euro debts and euro bonds,” he wrote in the column, which also appears in the March 26 edition of Forbes Asia.

Mr. Lee, aged 88, last year stepped down as chairman of the Government of Singapore Investment Corp.–a state investment firm which by some external estimates manages a portfolio worth about US$300 billion–but he still serves as an adviser to the board.

This is what happens when people ignore the Omens.
So Omens have been long given to the sinkies.
Sinkie dun pay attention, ignore...
so enjoy.
now left with 2016.
still no action, enjoy even more.
though by then the EU bomb would have been triggered and things would be very very "interesting" in Sinkieland.

http://bloom.bg/JNUjzx
"Of the 122,600 jobs created in Singapore last year, about 70 percent, or 84,800 positions, went to foreigners."