• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Khaw..Let's Recreate Back The Kampong Spirit N "Luv Thy Neighbour",Thing Back!

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
HDB to step up efforts to build stronger community ties by recreating old kampong spirits in estates and getting
residents to "luv thy neighbour", says Dr Khaw Boon Wan

as usual this lau hero always has something new up in his sleeve..but then i'm not born yesterday to believe him,
from what i see the good old days of our kampong spirits and luv thy neighbour in our country
has turn into broken spirits and love thyself mentality now..very hard to get back..it has been dead and buried.

seriuosly back in the 60s n 70s during my kampong years in geyland serai everything was so beautiful,
my dad use to own a provision shop and opreate a pig sty and my home is one of the biggest in that area,
relative,neighbours,strangers in their bicycle use to come to our place and play ginrummy n chit chat,
some i know just pretend to come over because they want to tackle my two sister,one lucky bastard was successful
though..even the cats and dogs seek refuge came over and became part of the family..
we have no fear or worries of getting rob,rape,murder,bicycle,slipper stolen..etc..
those neighbours who has tv(which cost a bomb at that time) would gladly invite us over to watch ultraman or giant robot.
cny and hari raya period was unforgettable memory.

now in recent time..i've 3 bicycle stolen,my brand new bruno magli shoe bought from takashimaya stolen from my shoe rack
and goodness me my slippers also kena stolen..
i was wondering whether my neighbour will be happy if everytime i knock on his door and ask him can
i watch EPL or CL at his place,
can Dr Khaw Boon Wan guarantee me that he won't slam the door in my face.:smile: