• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please state your views & opinion over Facebook's USD 104 Billion IPO

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either FB deal with heavy loses or high profit if they manage to charge user.
But how many willing to pay for FB service? User will just move to other site.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bought some at 38.23. will sell at 90.

I did a hit and run, bot 38.69 sld 41.68, Made a nice tidy sum.

I was a facebook shareholder for a whole 20mins!

I'm more a fundamentals investor than a risk taker, so I'll sit and wait for more solid plans to be laid out before deciding my next entry.

The fact that the 15billion raised in this IPO is mostly going to Zuckerberg and his earlier backers, don't know how much will go into development.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After all the hype, FB closed up only 23C or 0.6%.

FB with a PE ratio 124 is much too overpriced....four to five times more expensive than Google or Apple.

In 90 days when the moratorium to sell newly issued shares is lifted, its price has only one way to go.

I don't know how to use FB, but when I see a bubble, I know.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did a hit and run, bot 38.69 sld 41.68, Made a nice tidy sum.

I was a facebook shareholder for a whole 20mins!

I'm more a fundamentals investor than a risk taker, so I'll sit and wait for more solid plans to be laid out before deciding my next entry.

The fact that the 15billion raised in this IPO is mostly going to Zuckerberg and his earlier backers, don't know how much will go into development.

I shorted at 43.60 and covered back at 38.50.

If not for Morgan Stanley and J P Morgan's supporting FB's price last night, it would have gone underwater.

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Facebook stumbles on IPO debut

US shares skid as Facebook IPO stumbles

ipo2_uni.jpg

AFP

US stocks slumped Friday as Facebook's keenly awaited market debut disappointed, adding to bearish sentiment about Europe's financial woes.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 73.11 points, or 0.59 percent, to finish the day at 12,369.38.

The S&P 500-stock index shed 9.64 (0.74 percent) to 1,295.22.

The tech-rich Nasdaq, where Facebook's shares began trading under the FB ticker, tumbled 34.90 (1.24 percent) to 2,778.79.

"US equities finished lower today after the highly anticipated IPO of Facebook could not sway investors' attention away from European debt issues," Charles Schwab & Co. analysts said.

Facebook shares rose just 23 cents, a gain of 0.6 percent over its initial public offering price of $38, amid record volume of more than 575 million shares.

The IPO gave the world's biggest social network a dizzying value of $104 billion.

The California-based company raised $16 billion, without taking into account an over-allotment option for the underwriters, making it the richest IPO after financial giant Visa in 2008, according to Renaissance Capital.

But that was well below expectations for Facebook's much-hyped market debut, pushing the Dow and the S&P 500 into the red for a sixth straight day.

The Facebook fizzle hammered the tech shares, including other popular social media companies.

Trading was suspended twice on Zynga, which makes popular games used on Facebook and other platforms, as its shares plunged. Zynga closed 13.4 percent lower at $7.16.

Pandora slumped 7.1 percent, LinkedIn lost 5.7 percent and Groupon slid 6.7 percent.

Hard disk-drive makers Seagate and Western Digital each lost more than six percent.

A bright spot in the tech space was Yahoo!, up 3.7 percent on renewed rumors that it was close to a multibillion-dollar deal to sell half of its stake in Alibaba.com back to the Chinese online shopping portal.

Key Facebook IPO underwriters also suffered. Morgan Stanley dipped 0.8 percent, Citigroup dropped 1.5 percent and JPMorgan Chase, also under pressure from a $2 billion-plus trading loss, gave up 1.3 percent.

The bond market was mixed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury was unchanged at 1.70 percent from Thursday, while the 30-year fell to 2.79 percent from 2.81 percent.

Bond prices and yields move in opposite directions.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

FB, in my opinion is a database goldmine.

In my opinion, Social Networking Websites are here to stay, and FB have become a culture already... If you look at Americans, Europeans, Asians, Africans, Latin Americans (ALL EXCEPT CHINA), the first thing everyone does in the morning when they arrive office, is to CHECK FACEBOOK!!! (Many bosses will be angry with the loss of productivity, however, should be taken as an opportunity for marketing, as when each employee put their company name, isn't that free publicity for the company?)

These bosses should count themselves lucky that online gaming is not that addictive - companies loses both time (man-hours) and money for more bandwidth.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
And i always wondered why eatshitndie chose his nick. Now i know why. Waiting for a $90 payoff day for facebook is probably eating shit and die indeed.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amateurs like eatshitndie prob don't know what is coming 90 days later :biggrin:

$90? I hope he live long enough to see that day

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amateurs like eatshitndie prob don't know what is coming 90 days later :biggrin:

$90? I hope he live long enough to see that day

Appears to me that FB is just going to be another FAD... there is no real measurable value in investing in FB, the sales are all forecasted... furthermore, global markets are not doing well....

people only start to spend money, say buying credits via Facebook when they have extra disposable income...

and since the pitch of FB is free, everyone expects the platform itself to be free... and it'll be difficult for Mark to monetize on it... except to sell advertising to major advertisers...

So, at this point of time, the world market sucks... who would want to spend their money in FB, buying games credits? when you can download games for Free?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
the smart money - mine included - are on stocks like Alibaba, renren

China is best, Zuckerberg has suckered all his groupies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
34 now. cheap to buy more. :biggrin:

anyway, don't go all in at once. buy in stages and in small chunks. my budget for fb is tiny. 5 years is long term for me. never panic, but at the same time, never bet against merl. he's always right. but i may prove him wrong on this. it's just a 5-year bet. small change.